mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Anyone have the Race Face Atlas saddle?

Im looking to get a new saddle to replace the stock one that came with my Stumpy, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to two options. I've always loved WTB's products and had an old Pure V on my Raleigh. My plan when I got the Specialized was to get a Silverado saddle, although I was planning on testing a few from the WTB line. Ill still probably test those saddles out before I make a decision. But I've started to get my hands on a few of Race Face's products and I've really been impressed by the few things of theirs I have. The Atlas saddle looks great and Im sure its high quality, but there is nowhere around here that I can go to see one in person. I can't find any good reviews online and searching for it here turned up pages of irrelevant threads. Does anyone have this saddle and can tell me how they like it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'd stick with Selle, WTB, Specialized, etc. lots more experience making good saddles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I definitely get your point on that one and totally agree. But sometimes there are exceptions to that rule and the new guys (I know RF isn't new, but maybe not as established as a saddle maker) can make a product as good or better than the big players. From what I've seen from Race Face so far I think theres a chance this could be the case, Im just hoping someone took the chance on it already and can give me more of an idea on if that is the case.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Bump, I would love to hear from anyone who has had this saddle.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I had an SDG I-fly, which looks to be identical to the Atlas. It was light and good until the nose broke off. I'd probably still use one if I didn't ride somewhere so steep that sometimes you've got to get on the nose of the saddle and crank for a while.