mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Anyone have the Lezyne Mega Drive?

Dying to hear from a real person with real world experience, everything on the web at the moment is marketing hype.

It went on sale in the U.S. a couple days ago, but no reviews on the web to speak of.

Anybody out there take the plunge and feel like sharing?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Slater View Post
    Dying to hear from a real person with real world experience, everything on the web at the moment is marketing hype.

It went on sale in the U.S. a couple days ago, but no reviews on the web to speak of.

Anybody out there take the plunge and feel like sharing?
    I can't help, but like you I am interested in hearing real world feedback.

Is not amused
    Found this, might want to let him know about this thread to spread the word, then ask a MOD to move it the light section instead of general: Post a PIC of your latest purchase [bike related only]

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The new testing is coming. I already have a ton of new lights and I will use the integrating spheres at Lezyne and Light and Motion factories.

Sorry I ran out of steam last year. Just too many copies of the same light

This year, I will hit it hard for a solid two months.

fc
    So there should be a detailed review of them and other lights shortly, fingers crossed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    So no one has bought this light on MTBR!?!? REALLY!?!?

It's been out for almost a month now, and not a SINGLE review, professional or otherwise.

I'm trying to be patient, and I've been waiting months now to pull the trigger on a light set up, because if the Mega Drive actually holds up to the claims, it seems like an excellent choice. But I'm missing out on a lot of early morning and night rides waiting for a review.

I'm moments away from just upselling myself and going with a NiteRider setup, even though it would be much more expensive, because I KNOW that it will do the job.

It sucks that a company like Lezyne doesn't have their **** together enough to get a review out there (even a biased shill) so that I can take the plunge on a previously unproven light.

Well, REI has a sale right now, and I just may mosey on over. Your loss Lezyne...