I just received my Answer ProTAPER Carbon 720 AM from Pricepoint and I noticed a few things about the construction of the bar. I am not sure if others have noticed the same issues or if I am the only one, but I looked at my friends FSA carbon bar for comparison and the cut ends have an even thickness all the way around and his bar seemed smooth on the inside. I am not sure what these issues say about the quality of the bar but it does make me think twice about keeping the bar. I thought I would share my observations and pictures.
1) The stem alignment marks are about 1/8" off center. The only mark that is dead accurate is the very center mark.
2) There is a noticeable difference in the thickness of the layup when looking at the cut ends of the bar
3) You can see ridges and imperfections on the inside of the bar
4) Just found out the warranty on the Answer bar is only 1 year versus Easton's lifetime warranty or Syntace's 10 year warranty
5) The exterior finish of the bar looks beautiful
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »