RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Another disturbing encounter

For the past two seasons, mostly on the weekends, I've been noticing strategically placed baby heads and branches in the trails. This is in a very rocky and rugged trail system to begin with, but these rocks and sticks stand out like a sore thumb. It is a blatant attempt by a previously anonymous hiker to slow down the bikers. In some cases she had the nerve to use rocks from erosion barriers that we built to protect the trail and route bike traffic responsibly. Well, the other night she got her comeuppance!

I caught a woman rolling a semi-large rock into the exit of a normally fast, single track turn. you tuck around a big tree then over a few roots and down a steep slope of loose rock. She was hiding the rock from view of anyone entering the turn. She knew exactly what she was doing. I said, "hey, that's not cool. You could hurt someone doing that." She replied, "you bikers are the problem. YOU are going to hurt someone."

With that she took a few steps away from me, slipped on something, twisted her ankle and hit the ground. I hesitated, but saw her pop up and hobble away before I took off.

- Rob
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

No Stranger to danger....
    LOL, i wouldnt have held it against you if you pissed on her while she was down..
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Did you report her? I'd have taken her picture and reported her to the rangers/cops. At least let someone know what she was doing, where and when. That **** ain't cool!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    I'd have taken her picture and reported her to the rangers/cops.
    I think if you just whip out your phone and take a picture of her in action, and make sure she sees you doing that, you'd probably never see her again. Beatch!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    You should have stopped and asked if she needed help moving the rock into position. Then bashed her skull on it and positioned her body to look like she tripped, fell, and hit her head.....
    Or taken a picture and turned her in for conspiracy to commit assault.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Actually the picture idea is brillant. I like that alot. It give the rangers and other riders someone to watch out for.

And twisting her ankle is karma with teeth biting her in the butt. THink she might learn from that? Naw.

Bill

Another disturbing encounter

Report her!

In the past I have ridden trails that had resident anti-bike trail vandalizers/harassers. These people will only escalate until they are caught and punished. They are too thick to pick up on katma's hints

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Did you report her? I'd have taken her picture and reported her to the rangers/cops. At least let someone know what she was doing, where and when. That **** ain't cool!
    I agree. It will deter her because she knows she has been identified. She will tell her friends not to pull the same stuff because she will be the suspect if someone is injured. If she is prosecuted -- like the guy in Oregon -- it will send a message to others.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    you should have stopped and asked if she needed help moving the rock into position. Then bashed her skull on it and positioned her body to look like she tripped, fell, and hit her head.....
    Or taken a picture and turned her in for conspiracy to commit assault.
    bwahahahahahaha, pure gold
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    +1111111 on reporting her.

do it

do it today

do it now

Name:  You-Can-Do-It.jpg
Views: 2970
Size:  16.0 KB
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Be a complete jackwagon; urinate facing toward her, ruining her walk.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

How much further ???
    Its really distrubing that there is such blantant disregard for others trail users safety and well being.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Its really distrubing that there is such blantant disregard for others trail users safety and well being.
    You mean by facing her when urinating?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    For the past two seasons, mostly on the weekends, I've been noticing strategically placed baby heads and branches in the trails. This is in a very rocky and rugged trail system to begin with, but these rocks and sticks stand out like a sore thumb. It is a blatant attempt by a previously anonymous hiker to slow down the bikers. In some cases she had the nerve to use rocks from erosion barriers that we built to protect the trail and route bike traffic responsibly. Well, the other night she got her comeuppance!

I caught a woman rolling a semi-large rock into the exit of a normally fast, single track turn. you tuck around a big tree then over a few roots and down a steep slope of loose rock. She was hiding the rock from view of anyone entering the turn. She knew exactly what she was doing. I said, "hey, that's not cool. You could hurt someone doing that." She replied, "you bikers are the problem. YOU are going to hurt someone."

With that she took a few steps away from me, slipped on something, twisted her ankle and hit the ground. I hesitated, but saw her pop up and hobble away before I took off.

- Rob
    I would have placed under citizens arrest and called BLM rangers to collect her. had she attempted to escape she would have slipped and fallen several more times.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY View Post
    I would have placed under citizens arrest and called BLM rangers to collect her. had she attempted to escape she would have slipped and fallen several more times.
    Despite Mayberry and all, don't try this in North Carolina.
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch