Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    53

    Aliexpress full XT groupset

    Hello folks so I found out a complete full XT 3*11 full group set from aliexpress anyone knows if it's legit the link is this
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32826081229.html

  2. #2
    Hardtail Steel Forever
    Reputation: jestep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Personally, I wouldn't trust anything from aliexpress. It's like ebay with no legitimate sellers... At least the price on those is somewhat reasonable, I've seen them advertised for like $150 a number of times.

    CRC or Merlin are typically about as cheap as you'll find them and you know what you're getting: Groupsets | Chain Reaction Cycles
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,330
    3 x11 is a thing? If it sounds too good to be true.....

  4. #4
    Land of the 230+
    Reputation: GuitsBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,018
    It could be legit. I could be factory seconds. It could be from a batch that failed QC spot check. It could be a total counterfeit. It could be nothing but an empty box that arrives. Theres no way to tell which one youll get, and Aliexpress does ZERO to make it right.

    Ive been down the rabbit hole with Aliexpress before with a pair of broken carbon bars. Both the seller, as well as aliexpress customer support both promised refunds, but they never came. Now I wont buy anything from there that costs more than a couple bucks.

  5. #5
    Hardtail Steel Forever
    Reputation: jestep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    3 x11 is a thing? If it sounds too good to be true.....
    They did 1x, 2x, and 3x 11 in M8000 group. Admittedly, I had to look that one up. DEORE XT M8000
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    It could be legit. I could be factory seconds. It could be from a batch that failed QC spot check. It could be a total counterfeit. It could be nothing but an empty box that arrives. Theres no way to tell which one youll get, and Aliexpress does ZERO to make it right.

    Ive been down the rabbit hole with Aliexpress before with a pair of broken carbon bars. Both the seller, as well as aliexpress customer support both promised refunds, but they never came. Now I wont buy anything from there that costs more than a couple bucks.
    Is this where you can get a Gibson Les Paul Custom for about $150?
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

  7. #7
    Land of the 230+
    Reputation: GuitsBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    Is this where you can get a Gibson Les Paul Custom for about $150?
    Much like the Mexican Strat, the Chinese made Less Pawl is the one you REALLY want!

  8. #8
    One ring to mash them all
    Reputation: the one ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    513
    Isn't Less Pawl the knockoff of Paul hubs but with fewer POEs?















    I'll see meself out now…
    ¯\(°_o)/¯

  9. #9
    Land of the 230+
    Reputation: GuitsBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Isn't Less Pawl the knockoff of Paul hubs but with fewer POEs?
    Paul & Hubbs is the asian comic strip knockoff of Calvin and Hobbes. In retrospect, neither was very funny.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    532
    is it still a good deal if you have to buy a new crank? 3x11 is a joke

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by idividebyzero View Post
    is it still a good deal if you have to buy a new crank? 3x11 is a joke
    Huge range and narrow jumps, why not.

Similar Threads

  1. Buying frames from Aliexpress? Quality or crud?
    By vikingshelmut in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2015, 07:38 PM
  2. Mountain bike Groupset vs Commuter bike Groupset
    By FlakoGT in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 07:04 PM
  4. Buying Alibaba or Aliexpress
    By brmeyer135 in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 03:35 AM
  5. Aliexpress
    By emu26 in forum Where are the Best Deals?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 01:18 AM

Members who have read this thread: 103

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •