Thread: Alias HID

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Alias HID

By Planet Bike, anyone try this?? Looks pretty cool as there are no wires-battery built in.

desert dweller
    I've been eyeballing it lately too. Price is pretty good and no eternal battery pack.

http://www.planetbike.com/highpower.html

I'm also looking at the Cateye Triple Shot. Very similar price range. Which do I get to replace my 12 year old NightRider Commuter Premium? Hummm. Leds last longer and aren't nearly as fragile -- but don't seem to match the power yet.

mbb

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I got one of these last week. The unit is very clean and compact, no freakin wire to deal with. Handlebar mount only. Throws a very nice light. Planet Bike gives a very nice NMBP discount so the price was unbeatable for a HID. Apparently they have a helmet version in the works.

desert dweller
    NMBP deals from Planet Bike are pretty sweet. I haven't called for my price-list yet. My pesky old Niterider just won't die and give me a reason to replace her.

mbb

I <3 29ers
    NMBP is ..... ?
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.

desert dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    NMBP is ..... ?
    National Mountain Bike Patrol. It's an IMBA affiliated volunteer bicycle patrol that helps maintain a good relationship with riders, landmanager and often race and event promoters. In Las Vegas we used to patrol in Red Rock unitl the BLM decided they didn't want our trail stewardship. So now we work the occadional race event (aren't many around here in the past several years though).

Check out IMBA's website on the Bike Patrol page.

mbb

I <3 29ers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbikeboy
    National Mountain Bike Patrol. It's an IMBA affiliated volunteer bicycle patrol that helps maintain a good relationship with riders, landmanager and often race and event promoters. In Las Vegas we used to patrol in Red Rock unitl the BLM decided they didn't want our trail stewardship. So now we work the occadional race event (aren't many around here in the past several years though).

Check out IMBA's website on the Bike Patrol page.

mbb
    Aaah, yes, I see. Thanks for that.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies.