mtbr member

Affordable platform pedal - red - Wellgo Xpedo Face Off

DOes anyone heard about this pedal? Brand Wellgo Xpedo Face Off XMX 18AC MTB Bike Aluminum Alloy Pedals Red/White | eBay

I would like to buy this, but not sure if it's quality or not, it's no so cheap, so I don't want to waste my money. Did not find anything on the net about this model

Any advice?

Sneaker man
    All the gear and no idea.

WillWorkForTrail
    I would say there's something fishy about that ebay post - Xpedo is it's own brand, they aren't wellgo pedals at all. Beyond that, I have some personal experience with their clipless pedals and flats. The flat that I've used, the Spry, is quite good. I finally broke one in half a couple months ago after 3 years of use. For the cost, weight, and thinness of the Spry I feel like three years is good, and the pedals are a bargain. I can't speak for the faceoffs, but the clipless pedals I used were also good, and in fact, are still on my road bike, so the trend to me is that they seem to make a quality product.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    OneUp composite flat pedals, kgo

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Spry.. hard to beat for the money

mtbr member
    Thanks, I found the first one, but none of these tell anything about the bearings, which is nearly the most important in a pedal.
    However the second guy mentioned that there is not enough grip, and gave a con for durability, so probably a no go, especially for the third of the price he payed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    These really look like the best value going.

turtles make me hot
    I like Fyxation Mesas.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Any decent pedal will have more than good enough bearings, it is not something I ever consider when buying. I think weight and grip are equally important, followed by how thin they are. One Up composite and Race Face Chester are the best pedals for $50 (One Up for people with big feet, Chester for small feet).

Land of the 230+
    The xpedo spry are good, but you have to buy from a reputable vendor. Ebay and aliexpress are all counterfeit. I have both a legit set as well as a knock-off pair, and theres a big difference in quality, especially the super soft pins.

On a budget, check out the wellgo MG5s. Those are my go-to budget flat pedal. Those pins are also fairly soft, but can be replaced with any brand aftermarket pins for relatively cheap.

mtbr member
    get the Chesters. $47

Race Face Chester Composite Pedals > Components > Pedals > Platform Pedals | Jenson USA

i have the DMR V6 ($20), but everyone bitches about them not having medal pins. they work fine for me. had for almost 2 years. i love them. no bearings either to mess with, they run on bushings. ive had zero problems with them and they light and comfy. ill buy them again when they wear out

mtbr member
    Well the problem is not so simple. I need a red pedal, or at leas has some major elements red or white. And also some kind of design, not just a pedal.

It's for my dream bike, which I really like riding, so can not buy some average stuff on it

mtbr member
    It's tough when form dominates function to that extent.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by trialboj View Post
    Well the problem is not so simple. I need a red pedal, or at leas has some major elements red or white. And also some kind of design, not just a pedal.

It's for my dream bike, which I really like riding, so can not buy some average stuff on it
    Chesters come in red and white...

and because they are composite the paint wont scratch or wear off

Captain One Lung SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    Hands down the winner in the affordable pedal category.

I had Chesters which are good but the OneUps offer better foot positioning IMO. They are also one of the easiest to service.

Captain One Lung SuperModerator

In that case its tough to beat HT Components for appearance, weight, thinness and grip. They just suck to repair. They have red and white options. Look at the AE03 pedals.

mtbr member
    get the DMR Vaults. tons of people run them

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nauc View Post
    get the DMR Vaults. tons of people run them

I love mine. I got the "Brendog" matte black ones with black pins. Got my wife some, too, and she likes 'em. She's less picky, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWages View Post
    Hands down the winner in the affordable pedal category.

I had Chesters which are good but the OneUps offer better foot positioning IMO. They are also one of the easiest to service.
    These will be my choice soon.

mtbr member
    May 2017

So you want to be that picky about pedals but dont want to spend money? Good luck my friend!

mtbr member
    Another for the Xpedo Spry-don't know anything about their other offerings. My expectations were low(as is the BB on my hardtail!) due to their light weight, but these things can take a beating. Bought them for a hybrid bike, put them on my mtb to try temporarily, and never took them off.
    They're scarred up, but after a good bit of initial wear to the finish around the edges, never seem to get any worse.
    Bit on the narrow side, but that can be a very good thing on a low bike, since they don't get snagged as much as a wider pedal, particularly when pedaling through tight corners and uphill switchbacks. They've still taken some major pedal strikes(like the bike getting knocked clean out from under me), but I've long since stopped worrying about it. When/if they do eventually break, I'll probably just get another pair. They're about the lightest flats on the market, too. Beat out most of the popular ones by a few ounces, and are a full half pound lighter than fatties like my Shimano Saints.
    And they come in red

mtbr member
    Yeah it's probably impossible mission. However it could ne be such a big deal, because every second chinese pedal has some nice great or interesting design, but every real branded one until 50-60 usd looks soooooooo boring. They just want to force use to pay even more for the design.

At the moment these are the pedals which looks great enough, but the price is way too high, no pedal worth this much.

FUNN PYTHON
    https://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/fu...ls/111229.html

mtbr member
    Thanks for the recommendations, but I can only go up to 60usd, and for that price there is no model I like.

Important question, are there black friday on the main bikeshops in europe? like rosebikes, bike24 etc?
    Maybe than I can get some goodie for an affordable price.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Yeah it's probably impossible mission. However it could ne be such a big deal, because every second chinese pedal has some nice great or interesting design, but every real branded one until 50-60 usd looks soooooooo boring. They just want to force use to pay even more for the design.

At the moment these are the pedals which looks great enough, but the price is way too high, no pedal worth this much.

FUNN PYTHON
    https://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/fu...ls/111229.html
    was there an issue with the Race Face Chester pedals? They offer red and are within your price range.

mtbr member
    Yes, the biggest possible, I don't like the design And the color is rather orange than red.

Has anyone tried the black version of this? Octane One Static
    https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content...ge=9;orderby=2

I had it last year, in blue, but the paint/color came off really quickly, maybe the black one is a little bit better?

And there is the Dartmoor Stream. These two could be an option if I do not manage to get something before the holidays.

mtbr member
    You really seem to be concerned about aesthetics more than quality, which makes it hard for people who ride to recommend things, since most of the folks here want stuff that can take a beating and keep working.

mtbr member
    ^^^^ bling doesn't get you back home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHun View Post
    You really seem to be concerned about aesthetics more than quality..
    Yip. People are being very diplomatic, not really my thing ;0) If you buy cheapo Chinese trick looking parts then as far as I'm concerned you deserve the crap you're going to get. You buy junk then ride around like an old lady in case it breaks or gets scratched. Sorry, but I don't respect that. It's not cycling, it's posing.

Real cyclist buy stuff that's fit for purpose. If you ride a mountain bike as they should be ridden the pedals will get trashed. It's unavoidable and an accepted part of the deal. If a mountain bike doesn't collect a few scars then you probably didn't need a mountain bike in the first place.

So we can't really advise you because you've already made up your mind what you want. You want cheapo parts that look trick. That's a bad combination that no one with any experience or sense is going to recommend.

So buy what you like, I don't care. I'm not the one who will be bleating when the pedals fall apart or snap in half.

mtbr member
    The patience exhibited in this thread has been truly incredible.