Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I almost forgot about this one despite having ridden by it hundreds of times. It is an old bulldozer that looks like it has been there for 40 years. Someone recently started taking parts off so my guess is it is in the process of being scrapped. Good luck to whoever is trying to carry this out of the woods (located in southeastern Massachusetts).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-dozer.jpg  

mtbr member
    What's left of a VW Beetle in a heavily wooded area near a stream. This spot is downstream from a low spot on a nearby road. I'm guessing someone drove into the water when the road was flooded and the car was carried off into the woods.

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_2239.jpg

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_2240.jpg

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_2265.jpg
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtb'er
    Explored an off-the-beaten path valley near my suburbian life and came across the most shot up remains of a vehicle I've seen in a long time, as well as a boat. When I walked near the boat, about a 300 tiny frogs hopped like crazy to avoid me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_0135.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_0138.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-img_0143.jpg  

Give it a crank
    An old Camaro near the trail.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've been riding past this for 22 years, and finally had a reason to take a picture! It's a little more weathered now than when I first saw it (as am I), but overall it's pretty much the same. This is Rose Canyon, San Diego, just east of the 805 and below the nursery.

Should also post this in the "Does your bike fit in the back of your car" thread in Car and Biker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-2012-05-27_16-41-02_57.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-2012-05-27_16-41-38_810.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-2012-05-27_16-43-48_231.jpg  

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Getting an early start on a Griswold Christmas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-tree-car.jpg  

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cool thread...

Zero Miles from Myself
    Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog View Post
    Getting an early start on a Griswold Christmas
    +1 ... LoL. Now that is funny

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Really neat stuff, just read through the entire thread. Great pics folks.

mtbr member
    Don't know how the hell this car could get back here...very far away from anything. The woods were pretty thick, this is actually as far back as I could get while still getting a clear picture.

mtbr member

East Barre Vermont...

....Millstone Trails....just off one of the trails tha backs up to the village.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-059.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Is that the national lampoons family truckster?

Tactical Nightmare
    This one may be in this thread already somewhere, but I just found it myself so I thought I would post it. This is just off the trail head parking lot for the McKenzie River Trail in Oregon. I just rode it for the first time last week (truly epic!), and thought this was a cool way to start, by seeing this thing. It is a Ford pickup of some kind, that is fused in the rock and dirt. I would love to know the story about it though.

- "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - http://teamdirt.org/

Trail Connoisseur
    This one is high above Glenwood Springs, CO. I have no idea how that thing could have got there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-snapshot.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Man, just read through this............ bummed no picture of the 914 that you rode through on the a trail at skeggs point in the sanfran bay area
    You need a Thneed

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    these are from like ten years ago.. i still go here a lot, haven't found much lately... a few bumpers.. i always hop the same firebird front bumper everytime i pass it, i've been jumping it for ten years lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-car.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-pickup.jpg  

mtbr member

This looks like...

....a Chevy Nomad....not sure....it was on a trail called "Eight Bridges" in Stowe Vermont......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-190.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana View Post
    ....a Chevy Nomad....not sure....it was on a trail called "Eight Bridges" in Stowe Vermont......
    Not that it matters, but Nomads were 2-door wagons, that one had 4 judging by the size of the opening and the door post that's still there.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Not that it matters, but Nomads were 2-door wagons, that one had 4 judging by the size of the opening and the door post that's still there.
    That's only true for the tri-five nomads. After that they came in 4 door flavor.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

human dehumidifier
    OK, no surprise they would've glommed onto the popularity of the Nomad name and watered it down, it's the way Detroit has always worked

I haven't figured out what year the one in the photo is. The taillight area looks 53 or 54.
    When you get older, much of your hate comes from knowledge and experience, which is why really old people hate everyone

I <3 dirt
    It certainly looks like its from the 50's but it's hard to tell with a blurry picture on my phone lol. Maybe the OP can snap a cleaner pic next time he rides that trail!
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

Master Shredder
    is there a separate abandoned boat thread?

this vehicle will never be abandoned:

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    A lot of times, cars end up in these strange places due to flash floods. People try to cross a low water crossing and get swept away...car was never insured so why bother?

mtbr member
    There used to be two old wrecked cars in the woods near my neighborhood in Fairfax VA. It appeared that one of them had bullet holes in it. Also, the parts to these cars are scattered about as if they exploded. As legend has it belonged to a bank robber who tried to drive the car through the woods in a pursuit and then crashed it. I call BS on that but still an interesting thing to think about Even weirder was this massive barrel thing nearby that I think was used to brew alcohol. Maybe some illegal moonshine production was going on back there a while ago

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post

is there a separate abandoned boat thread?

That is bizarre. It kind of looks like a boat, and yet it's.... not. Stage prop of some kind?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast