This one had only been abandoned for an hour or two I think :lol:

Attachment 1047812
  • 02-04-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CommuterBoy View Post

Attachment 1047812

Still salvageable. Dragged from its grave and restored some day hopefully.

Rural road in Colorado I presume?
  • 02-04-2016
    CommuterBoy
    California. It's a big state :lol:
  • 02-04-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

California. It's a big state :lol:

There's been songs written about it. ;)
  • 02-04-2016
    Dribear
    Quote:

Attachment 1047812

It's only a Hybrid POS, as long as someone guts the solid waste from it it will be fine where it sits.
  • 02-05-2016
    Forster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    There's been songs written about it. ;)

I thought the desert highways were dark.
  • 02-05-2016
    Cleared2land
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 02-29-2016
    Ol' Bromy
    4 Attachment(s)
    Abandoned Vehicle thread's been blown up
    Cotton Belt railroad car that is mostly buried in berry bushes. I'm guessing it was used for logging.

A VW beetle I'd ridden past probably 100 times before spotting it.

A rusty old frame that I snagged from my after work riding spot that's now yard art.
  • 04-26-2016
    JeffSkisMontana
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Robg68 View Post

This is a cool old truck I found today about 50' off the trail into the woods with big trees all around it. I'd say it's been there a long time!!

Thought I saw this exact truck....this weekend .....was this just off the ARRT (Assabet River Rail Trail) in Hudson Mass? Thx.
  • 04-26-2016
    TRaGiK

The other half a 25 yards away
  • 08-09-2016
    theMISSIONARY
    just a couple from a recent trip through a bit of forestry i use to go to all the time

• 08-17-2016
    fitek
    I have no photos to add, but many years ago as a kid at summer camp, we walked from Occidental California to the coast. The 2 lane road down out of the hills had some sketchy turns and there were wrecks over the sides of quite a few. Most had only slid maybe 20 feet. However, coming upon the sketchiest turn of all, we thought there must be at least a couple cars that had run off the road. Sure enough, not only was the turn sketchy, but it had an epic drop behind it too. Looking over the side we counted not one, not two, but three cars-- and the cherry on top was a Toyota that had landed dead center in a tree, and the tree had grown around it. You could imagine the flight path it must have taken, and the terror of the occupants as it took it's 3 second airborne journey.
  • 08-17-2016
    Cleared2land
    ^^^ I'm sure that would be a cool photo.
  • 08-17-2016
    fitek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt n Dust View Post

I had two of these exercise machines. Not because I needed them to exercise, but because the steel was super heavy duty. I used the curved section bolted to a heavy piece of wood as a bike rack in the garage.

I built a recumbent bike frame jig using the other parts. I still have that up above my garage!
  • 08-17-2016
    Cayenne_Pepa
    1 Attachment(s)
    Earth Mover!
    Here is a 1964 Hancock 282(GM) Pan Scraper, abandoned by a guy who thought he could speculate on what he thought was "free" land, while carving-out an illegal, 27-mile fire road, including an airport runway! This machine rests over 1900 feet, high on a desert mountaintop.

As a kid growing-up for years - I could hear this crazy man run his machines all day long. The BLM finally chased him away(Bighorn Sheep habitat) and he simply ditched this earth mover sometime in 1975:

Attachment 1088745
  • 08-20-2016
    theMISSIONARY
    some from a ride today

• 08-20-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theMISSIONARY View Post
    some from a ride today

Come back in 30 years when it's a rusty old classic. ;)
  • 08-20-2016
    theMISSIONARY
    Quote:

Come back in 30 years when it's a rusty old classic. ;)

mate if a Daihatsu terios is ever a classic i'll eat my shorts.....it will most likely be moved along soon as thats a reserve
  • 08-20-2016
    Empty_Beer
    Nice additions everyone! Good to see this thread still delivers!

That last one (theMissionary) ought to be reported to the authorities!
  • 08-21-2016
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by theMISSIONARY View Post
    mate if a Daihatsu terios is ever a classic i'll eat my shorts.....it will most likely be moved along soon as thats a reserve

That was actually part of my joke. Few cars in today's era of cars will ever be worthy of the classic monicker.
  • 08-21-2016
    theMISSIONARY
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Empty_Beer View Post
    Nice additions everyone! Good to see this thread still delivers!

That last one (theMissionary) ought to be reported to the authorities!

it has been...one of the other guys had seen it there a week ago,probably the council trying to get the insurance company to pay for the removal ;)
  • 08-21-2016
    theMISSIONARY
    Quote:

That was actually part of my joke. Few cars in today's era of cars will ever be worthy of the classic monicker.

i was laughing as i wrote it :D
  • 08-21-2016
    PabloGT
    Spotted this the other day near a few jumps, don't think this took 30 years to rust, maybe 25

Looks like it died an honourable death before being pillaged for parts