• 11-13-2012
    wv_bob
    Yeah you could abandon that vehicle in my driveway anytime. Just leave the title on the seat and the keys in the switch in case I have to move it.
  • 11-13-2012
    jaxes88
    huffster that thing is beautiful, is it yours?
  • 11-14-2012
    huffster
    In my dreams. Sometimes I like to play the identification game when I see these old vehicles. So, I got it as a Wagoneer, but I'm guessing a little bit at the year. The sweet restored one is a google pic of a '70.
  • 11-14-2012
    savie62
    blimie i dont see any on my travels good photos
  • 11-17-2012
    teamhaymaker
    Heres some from this weekend.

Untitled by The McCusker, on Flickr

Untitled by The McCusker, on Flickr

Dual Charm... by The McCusker, on Flickr

Trike by The McCusker, on Flickr
  • 11-17-2012
    wyatt79m
    Great pics haymaker
  • 11-17-2012
    GelatiCruiser
    Those pics are awesome!
  • 11-21-2012
    GelatiCruiser
    1 Attachment(s)
    From the ride today.
  • 11-22-2012
    gfs69
    This is seriously one of the coolest threads ever on MTBR, love it!! I have never come across an abandoned car, but I have seen on old washing machine in the woods. Not sure why someone would go through the effort of dragging something like that into the middle of nowhere.
  • 11-22-2012
    Ridezum
    Are you the McKusker. I saw these on POTN last night. They are great shots.
  • 11-22-2012
    chunky1x
    I could those things for scrap or parts a have more money to buy a good 29er with more to spare for savings.
  • 11-22-2012
    gnewcomer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wyatt79m View Post
    Great pics haymaker

+ 1 love the tricycle shot

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat
  • 11-25-2012
    NEPMTBA
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's a...
    ...nice white 1960s Buick convertible!;)
  • 11-25-2012
    jaxes88
    GelatiCruiser that is an old willys jeep wagon. You should google em, they're really cool
  • 11-26-2012
    rgc52
    1 Attachment(s)
    I guess boats can be vehicles to- here's some boats that have been scattered by "sandy' at the shore-this is just a small sample
  • 11-27-2012
    Poikaa
    Pity! I guess some people can afford to throw them away! Some look as if the storage plastic is still on them?

poikaa
  • 11-27-2012
    natzx7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Poikaa View Post
    Pity! I guess some people can afford to throw them away! Some look as if the storage plastic is still on them?

poikaa

Salvaging boats off the beach like that is expensive. They are probably waiting on their insurance companies to step up. They may also not be seaworthy after being beaten up and running aground during the storm. Being here in Florida for some bad storms, I've seen enough of this. Sometimes its a daunting task just to locate the owner, or for the owner to locate his boat.
  • 11-27-2012
    the-one1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natzx7 View Post
    Salvaging boats off the beach like that is expensive. They are probably waiting on their insurance companies to step up. They may also not be seaworthy after being beaten up and running aground during the storm. Being here in Florida for some bad storms, I've seen enough of this. Sometimes its a daunting task just to locate the owner, or for the owner to locate his boat.

So does that become "Finders keepers"?
  • 11-27-2012
    natzx7
    I'm not familiar with all the maritime salvage laws, but in some instances, it most certainty does.
    Marine salvage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • 11-27-2012
    Cycle Logical
    Getting my post count up so I can start a new thread...sorry for the inconvenience!
  • 12-02-2012
    JeffSkisMontana
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thinking this might be a ....
    .....an old Saab....
  • 12-02-2012
    huffster
    4 Attachment(s)
    I've been going through a ton of old pics and discovered a few I haven't posted before.

The first one is not that old, but I liked it because it is a Mercury Montego wagon (early 70's). This big old boat is what my first car was. Paid $200.

Any body know what the last one is? I don't. Found on Ringwood-Ramapo trail near Shepherd's Pond - if that helps.
  • 12-02-2012
    Bill in Houston
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana View Post
    .....an old Saab....

oh, good call. front drive, upright, curved windshield, bulbous roof. i think you are right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    I've been going through a ton of old pics and discovered a few I haven't posted before.

The first one is not that old, but I liked it because it is a Mercury Montego wagon (early 70's). This big old boat is what my first car was. Paid $200.

Any body know what the last one is? I don't. Found on Ringwood-Ramapo trail near Shepherd's Pond - if that helps.

awesome montego. you can see the kinship with the starsky and hutch-mobile.
    then, no idea. thought it might be a capri, but the c-pillar base has a 50's look.
    next, a 30's school bus. love that old grille.
    last one, is, i think, a ransacked one of these

i may be wrong, and it might just be some kind of paving equipment. it's obviously an implement of some kind, but doesn't look suited to a field.
  • 12-02-2012
    huffster
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    awesome montego. you can see the kinship with the starsky and hutch-mobile.

last one, is, i think, a ransacked one of these
    i may be wrong, and it might just be some kind of paving equipment. it's obviously an implement of some kind, but doesn't look suited to a field.

I added another pic on the Montego. Starsky and Hutch didn't have the rear jumpseat like the Montego did!!! :D

As for this thing that might be a tank, I haven't been on this trail in a long time. Now I'm gonna have to find my way back there sometime for a closer look. If/when that happens...I'll add more pics. Its not too far from a recreation area, so it could be an abandoned paver of some kind.
  • 12-02-2012
    Bill in Houston
    the back seat was the best place to ride. look out the window and watch the world go by.