Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    see me rollin, they hatin
    Millstone, VT

fap

mtb'er
    not on a trail, but along a road I was riding to get to a trail today. Whoops!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-dsc07939_small.jpg  

mtbr member
    It's been there about 2-3 years I think. A few others in different spots as well.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    Millstone, VT

My girlfriend does that too! She'll pee anywhere and doesn't care who watches.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i swaer i'm not peeeing! but my friend did moments before that, ON the car, which i then leaned into my accident
    fap

Front Range, Colorado
    When I lived in San Diego we used to hit Mexico once in awhile. There is a spot along the coast between Tijuana and Ensenada, that there was a cliff that dropped on to the beach below. The drop was probably close to a 1000'. You could see tire tracks at the top that led to the drop. As you walk up carefully to the cliff and peer down you would see numerous dumped vehicles. They were hidden from any other vantage point other than walking up and looking down. Had they erased the tire marks you would never think about looking down there.This was back in the early nineties and there was 20 or more cars down there. All stolen I'm sure and probably from america, they were so far away it was hard to make out make and model. And I couldn't see plates on any of them. Definitely a pretty creepy sight and one I will always wonder what the true story was.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    When I lived in San Diego we used to hit Mexico once in awhile. There is a spot along the coast between Tijuana and Ensenada, that there was a cliff that dropped on to the beach below. The drop was probably close to a 1000'. You could see tire tracks at the top that led to the drop. As you walk up carefully to the cliff and peer down you would see numerous dumped vehicles. They were hidden from any other vantage point other than walking up and looking down. Had they erased the tire marks you would never think about looking down there.This was back in the early nineties and there was 20 or more cars down there. All stolen I'm sure and probably from america, they were so far away it was hard to make out make and model. And I couldn't see plates on any of them. Definitely a pretty creepy sight and one I will always wonder what the true story was.
    Check out the end scene of "From Dusk Till Dawn"
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Check out the end scene of "From Dusk Till Dawn"
    I watched the trailer from the link you provided but no footage of the last scene. It looks like a good movie but I don't think I will be renting it any time soon. Do you know of a way I could watch the last seen without renting the movie. If not please explain why I need to see it.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    I watched the trailer from the link you provided but no footage of the last scene. It looks like a good movie but I don't think I will be renting it any time soon. Do you know of a way I could watch the last seen without renting the movie. If not please explain why I need to see it.
    I don't want to spoil the story, but just in case you never see the movie (which I think is a very bad idea) here is the best picture of the last scene I could find.

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-dusk-till-dawn-1996-screenshot-39.jpg

mighty sailin' man
    I don't want to spoil the story, but just in case you never see the movie (which I think is a very bad idea) here is the best picture of the last scene I could find.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	From-Dusk-Till-Dawn-1996-ScreenShot-39.jpg 
Views:	2907 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	735122
    forgot all about that flick till you posted that image. That be one screwy movie
    Quote Originally Posted by davidarnott
    wheelies, beyond being the best way over any sort of obstacle, both above or below, are are the steedliest expresstion of joy

Front Range, Colorado
    [QUOTE=Trail Ninja;9840658]I don't want to spoil the story, but just in case you never see the movie (which I think is a very bad idea) here is the best picture of the last scene I could find.

Things that make you go hmmmm...
    The similarly to my experience is uncanny. Now I must see that movie,
    thanks for your troubles.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I build my own.
    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE,;9840710]

Things that make you go hmmmm...
    The similarly to my experience is uncanny. Now I must see that movie,
    thanks for your troubles.
    See the movie before you go back to that spot in Mexico. Anybody who's seen the movie will vouch for me on this.

turtles make me hot
    My favorite movie.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Thats a great movie. When i saw this thread thats the first thing I thought of.

turtles make me hot
    Hey, Jose', you got food here?
    The best in Mexico.
    I kinda doubt that.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    My girlfriend does that too! She'll pee anywhere and doesn't care who watches.
    Awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    i swaer i'm not peeeing! but my friend did moments before that, ON the car, which i then leaned into my accident
    Well I can't speak for everyone else but the thought never crossed my mind. Anyhow, cool picture/abandon car find.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    Awkward...
    Nope, not at all.

Front Range, Colorado
    [QUOTE=Trail Ninja;9840865]
    TrailNinja9840710]
    See the movie before you go back to that spot in Mexico. Anybody who's seen the movie will vouch for me on this.
    Don't worry I don't forsee any Mexico trips in today's world. It's a dangerous place these day's. I find it funny all this movie talk was sparked from my above post of my Mexico experience.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

I build my own.
    [QUOTE=DIRTJUNKIE,;9841941]

Don't worry I don't forsee any Mexico trips in today's world. It's a dangerous place these day's. I find it funny all this movie talk was sparked from my above post of my Mexico experience.
    Art imitating life.

OK, even I wouldn't call Dusk Till Dawn art.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    A place not far from my house is kinda eerie, abandoned wrecked cabin next to a rotted out oldsmobile delta 88 and a 58ish ford pickup. This is way back in the middle of nowhere, how that oldsmobile made it back there is beyond my guess. Just up the trail from there is a beautiful view looking off across this canyon, I can post a pic of it if you guys want me to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-resizedcars.jpg  

The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-cabinresized.jpg  

All vintage all the time. Nothing like a nice chromo frame with some properly adjusted cantilevers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Riding To COP

Riding To COP

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As a long time mountain biker and classic car lover, this is a fantastic thread. Some of the cars in this thread believe it or not are worth a few bucks. I noticed 2 cars that could make someone some money. If I can get to my local trail in the next week or so, I'll have a contribution.
    The Truth will set you free.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    There are diffenately a few cars and car parts for sure worth some bucks. There is a plymouth grille that is worth at least $500 and some V8 emblems that are $250 each.

The old pull grader from page 5 is a John Deere road grader/maintainer from the early 20s. My grandpa bought one,had it rebuilt and repainted and it is now in front of our shop as a historic display.

The D8 on page 6 is a cat d8 from the early 60s, if it was running and cleaned up they regularly sell for 18-20k. And if the pony motor is there(its on the other side) just the block is worth $1500.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I'm not sure where the rest is but I found this today.

Chamois Dropper
    Pretty much unrecognizable except for a Pontiac rim, Santos FL . Edit: It's a Gremlin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Abandoned Vehicle Thread-006.jpg  

Last edited by natzx7; 11-22-2012 at 04:08 AM.
    2008 GT Force
    Go Veg

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast