mtbr member
    Feb 2009

-___- My bike got stolen.

I'm Really Freaking Pissed off about this. My bike was in the backyard, sort of tucked away. Its a 2005 Hard Rock SS w/disc. I know its old and what not, but this was my First Real MTB, i have a lot of memories and crazy rides. I dont have much money to get another bike and it just sucks. I just got some brand new tires, after riding on basically slicks. I dont know what to do now, i really want to ride again, but just dont have the funds to do it. I would Like to spend less than $500 for a bike, but i know it wont get me much. I got lucky when i bought my 05 Hard Rock SS 2 years ago.

Well just wanted to vent and i just want to kick the person teeth in that stole my bike.

Dirty High Desert Guy
    Report it stolen. Keep an eye on Craigslist; it may pop up for sale. Call local pawn shops and give them a heads up.

After waiting a bit, try a wanted ad on Craigslist with your story. There's a good chance a fellow rider has something unused in the garage that he'll let go cheap for a dude in need.

Sorry about your bike, man.

Titanium junkie
    Sorry to hear that your ride is gone.
    What size of frame are you looking at, and what kind of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    Search around and you could find a good deal. For $500 you could find something equally as good if not a little better than your hardrock. I found a 2009 SC heckler for 800 bucks and love it. Hope the dude that stole your bike breaks his head.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I ride a medium Frame, I usually just do Southern California bike trails. I know who stole my bike, just cant prove it. It was the gardeners that stole it...

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMr2 View Post
    I ride a medium Frame, I usually just do Southern California bike trails. I know who stole my bike, just cant prove it. It was the gardeners that stole it...
    You don't need a proof when it gets down that much personal. Get a good steel shovel and dig his brain out by his a$$. Then take back your bike and ****up his plants.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow now I have remembered the reason my bike lives in my home... I had a bike ripped years ago, heartbreaking. Look in the ads in your local paper. check out the second hand sporting goods stores.
    There is a shop in my neck of the woods that does cinsignments, perhaps there is one near you. Give it a try. you may end up adopting a really cool ride!

Best wishes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Nope, the person that stole it will be riding it around. I dont have a serial number or anything. Just memories in my head. I just wish it never happened. I really needed to use the money for my bills and other things.

mtbr member
    On a semi related note. I went to help a friend move today and got home to see I'd left my garage open for 6 hours while I was out.

Ibis Mojo HD
    Redline Conquest Pro
    Trek Hardtail
    Daimondback Hardtail
    Kurt Kinetic Trainer

All left open to be taken, luckily nothing missing. I think I hit the button too quick pulling out of the garage and my car tripped the kid sensor.

Huckin' trails
    I heard ya. I'm ready to come down and give you a hand (or two) and get your bike's back.

If you know who stole it (is it one or many people ?), so just set something with your friends/family and get your goods back in possession.

Who's with me ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It was the gardeners, and i dont know which one it was. My aunt was telling me the gardeners would go into the backyard and stuff.

"2 Wycked"
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    You don't need a proof when it gets down that much personal. Get a good steel shovel and dig his brain out by his a$$. Then take back your bike and ****up his plants.

David
    Settle down over there Pesci, I don't think anyone needs to get whacked.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMr2 View Post
    It was the gardeners, and i dont know which one it was. My aunt was telling me the gardeners would go into the backyard and stuff.
    lol yeah, they don't just cut the front grass!

I helped the OP get this bike off craigslist, we scoured it for a deal for months! Hope you get something soon mike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-H View Post
    On a semi related note. I went to help a friend move today and got home to see I'd left my garage open for 6 hours while I was out.

Ibis Mojo HD
    Redline Conquest Pro
    Trek Hardtail
    Daimondback Hardtail
    Kurt Kinetic Trainer

All left open to be taken, luckily nothing missing. I think I hit the button too quick pulling out of the garage and my car tripped the kid sensor.
    Where do you live? When I lived in L.A. and Hawaii, I would have lost all my stuff. Now I live in utah and although there still is a chance of stuff getting jacked, its definitely a lot less likely. I have left my garage open for a weekend, two bikes golf clubs, car stuff and my garage door leading to the house was open. I felt like such an idiot but glad nothing was taxed

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yes he did, now the search continues.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Do you have pictures of the bike? Where in SoCal are you? If I know what to look out for I'll keep a look out for it on the trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Anaheim, unfortunatly i dont, its a 05 Hardrock SS with Panarace Tires. Silver with black flames.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    yup you got it.

Bro Mountainbiker
    PCmark stole it!
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    And this is why my bike is always locked if its not inside my apartment o.o but that aside there is good news? You can buy new hardrocks for 500 or less from your lbs or should be able to. Ask them to price match if they dont have good prices and just find some lbs that also have webpages with prices.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    PCmark stole it!
    Shhhh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Where do you live? When I lived in L.A. and Hawaii, I would have lost all my stuff. Now I live in utah and although there still is a chance of stuff getting jacked, its definitely a lot less likely. I have left my garage open for a weekend, two bikes golf clubs, car stuff and my garage door leading to the house was open. I felt like such an idiot but glad nothing was taxed
    Definitely dependent on the area you live. I'm in redmond, WA in a town home complex. Pretty safe area for the most part.

I know the idiot feeling. It's not the first time I've done it and probably not the last. The thing is I swear I watch it close, at least half way, every time I leave. At least I've got homeowners/renters insurance if anything gets taken.

At the end of the day it's all just "stuff" and can be replaced.