Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Your analogy is exactly what I said only worded different.

And you my friend [I think] are still confused as to what the Attoyac said. Only Attoyac can answer for sure what he meant. Waiting,waiting,waiting for his return to set us straight.
    Thanks for the responses. A little inspiration, goes a LONG way. Thanks again :-)
    I'm 63 now, and I have not ridden since 1986, when I purchased a Schwinn "High Sierra" which I still have. To my knowledge, that was about, when Schwinn was starting to build a "mountain bike."A few years before that, I was on two Harleys, and a Schwinn "Traveler."

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Learux View Post
    Welcome back, most important advice. Have fun if you are not having fun you are not doing it right.

Then, give yourself rest. I would say start riding every other day and/or take week-ends off.

listen to your body, your legs will tell you when you did too much.

Once again, Welcome back!!
    Great advice here. I'm 61 and have been riding ever since I bought my first MTB (Rockhopper) in 1987. I'm still riding all the same CO Front Range trails as I always have, albeit a little more slowly and with less aggression, but with more pure joy and satisfaction than ever. Welcome back!

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Attoyac View Post
    Thanks for the responses. A little inspiration, goes a LONG way. Thanks again :-)
    I'm 63 now, and I have not ridden since 1986, when I purchased a Schwinn "High Sierra" which I still have. To my knowledge, that was about, when Schwinn was starting to build a "mountain bike."A few years before that, I was on two Harleys, and a Schwinn "Traveler."

Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    Ha! 63 plus 28 is.... 91 . .. Not 86. I know... math! it's cray cray.

I was applauding a very early mtber in 1986.
    I hate to rub it in but as you can see Attoyacs / OP's latest post I was right.

I think you misunderstood what he said. He's 63 years old and hasn't been mtbing for 28 years. Which means he stopped riding at age 35.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    62+ here, and lovin' it. Welcome to "The World's Oldest Teenager's Club".
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisk Eddie View Post
    62+ here, and lovin' it. Welcome to "The World's Oldest Teenager's Club".
    You've got that right.

> /dev/null 2&>1

Re: 63 year old, giving this sport a second try after 28 years

I'm not getting you DJ. . .

I applauded the fact that he was riding in 86, saying he was original gangsta. He then confirmed he rode in 86, confirming he was indeed, original gangsta. What did I get wrong?

Welcome back! 28 years? That's 86. You were O.G. M.T.B!
    I think you misunderstood what he said. He's 63 years old and hasn't been mtbing for 28 years. Which means he stopped riding at age 35.
    . ... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Attoyac View Post
    I'm 63 now, and I have not ridden since 1986 , when I purchased a Schwinn "High Sierra" which I still have. To my knowledge, that was about, when Schwinn was starting to build a "mountain bike."A few years before that, I was on two Harleys, and a Schwinn "Traveler."
    I hate to rub it in but as you can see Attoyacs / OP's latest post I was right.
    . . . ???!?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    1986 was the year (43 yrs old) I sobered up. My shrink said I needed a hobby, so I went out and bought a $500 mountain bike. I rode it mostly on the riverbeds here is So. Cal. In 1993 I bought a $2500 GT RTS Team mountain bike and started riding in the dirt and I havn't stoped riding since. Just hit 71 yrs. old, but I don't feel like it. There are 22 mountain bikes in my garage because after spending a lot of $ on each bike, you never get 1/2 back if you sell one, so I just keep them all. Its fun going out to the garage and pick a bike, check it over, and go for a ride. I am never going to stop.
    That my friend is awesome. Keep riding and let me know if you want to hit up some So-Cal trails. At 52, I'm in the best shape in 30+ years, and I have no plans to stop riding, or slow down riding at this point. I'm addicted!

It's about showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels View Post
    1986 was the year (43 yrs old) I sobered up. My shrink said I needed a hobby, so I went out and bought a $500 mountain bike. I rode it mostly on the riverbeds here is So. Cal. In 1993 I bought a $2500 GT RTS Team mountain bike and started riding in the dirt and I havn't stoped riding since. Just hit 71 yrs. old, but I don't feel like it. There are 22 mountain bikes in my garage because after spending a lot of $ on each bike, you never get 1/2 back if you sell one, so I just keep them all. Its fun going out to the garage and pick a bike, check it over, and go for a ride. I am never going to stop.
    Sober re alcohol but not bikes! Hi, I'm doralswheels and I'm a bike-a-holic. Hi doralswheels

In the 80s I had a lot of friends into cocaine. It was interesting to see them give that up and get into titanium.
    I don't rattle.

Front Range, Colorado
    I'm not getting you DJ. . .

I applauded the fact that he was riding in 86, saying he was original gangsta. He then confirmed he rode in 86, confirming he was indeed, original gangsta. What did I get wrong?

. ... ?

. . . ???!?
    The way you worded it, it came across as you were suggesting he was 86 years old. Sorry my bad..
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2