mtbr member

4th of July Riding Plans?

I was just curious if anyone had any big plans for riding over the holiday weekend? I might make it out for a quick local loop but unfortunately I (meaning my wife) decided that this was the weekend to paint the outside of our house. FML So please regale me with your stories so I might live vicariously through you. Thanks and if you are going out have fun!
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

mtbr member

Was gonna go on my first century, but the wife nixed it with lunch plans for the whole fam, so I'll replace it with a 60 miler. Probably do a beach loop to the Gulf, head out to some farm land, conquer a massive hill built on an old phosphate mine and finish up with my toes in the sand, a beer in my hand, and some good times.

Never Forget 9-11
    Got hooked into a 50 mile road ride. Don't like road riding as much as being in the woods but its a pretty good group of guys so at least it will be fun.
    It's such a fine line between idiocy and genius.

High Desert MTBer
    Hmmm, looking at the clouds finally gathering down Mexico way, I am thinking there could be some nice hero dirt tomorrow! Might have to head up the hill if so... even better if it is actually raining!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Hmmm, looking at the clouds finally gathering down Mexico way, I am thinking there could be some nice hero dirt tomorrow! Might have to head up the hill if so... even better if it is actually raining!!!
    That's what I like to hear. Hope it rains and you have a great time I will be stuck at home for a family gathering.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    This long weekend is a time to eat like a pig, and drink
    a lot of beer. Then I'll ride all next week to take off the
    weight I gained. Oh and the TDF starts Saturday.

Live 2 Ride
    I'm going to head out for a 9 mile loop on the hardtail.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

Warrior's Society
    Yup
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I worked today and I work both days on the weekend. So it's just one day off for me. I'm gonna head out on my road bike to get a few hours in, because those hours don't exist on the days that I work.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Well.. We had plans. But it's supposed to rain. So now I'm going suit shopping instead cause I have a wedding next month. Sat we were gonna go riding too, but now a bbq.. Things keep popping up. Maybe Sunday. Maybe. I hope.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Road bike probably.

It's raining today, 7/4, so I'm not going anywhere. Too much of a pain to get off the island on a holiday so the road bike is the best option. Maybe some dirt on Tuesday.

High Desert MTBer
    Well, Mexico sent the rain! First storm of the year here, and this morning it is still overcast. What a relief! No rain since March 2 where we live, and it was getting old. I cannot describe the smell of the mesquite as the first squall hit last evening, and those big chunky drops hit the ground! It just sucked 'em all up, but the clouds kept on giving for a few hours Joy!

As a Brit expat, I do not miss rain, but sometimes it is very nice! Soon as I walk the cats, I am heading up the hill for a couple of hours. Fireworks tonight may be a damp affair, but that's OK!
    It's all Here. Now.

official eMpTyBRain
    I will be working today and tomorrow and possibly on Sunday and it's hotter than hell and muggy so if I ride, it'll have to be very local to my location and short and sweet.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    I just rode the trail this morning. There weren't too many people there yet. But I met up with two other guys further up on the trail that had arrived there a little before me. So from that point we rode together and tackled the advanced section. Later I'll be washing and detailing my car and my girlfriend's car. Later we will be doing the BBQ thing with some of her family.

The weather turned out real nice today too for riding. The hurricane heading up the east coast took the heat & humidity with it. Today normally should be hot and humid. Instead it's a more spring like day. I think it may be that way for my Sat. & Sun. morning rides too.

I like pie.
    Am just about to leave for a 10 or 15 miler. See how I feel. Daughter and family friend arriving late afternoon. Got to do some house cleaning when I get back. Temp 80* 15% humidity.

mtbr member
    The goal is 30 miles and 3k' climbing today. If it doesn't get too hot I might make it.

Live 2 Ride
    I just got back from a 9 mile morning ride. Felt good to get out of the house for awhile.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Rode the first leg of the Colorado Trail earlier this morning before the crowds arrived. By the time I got back to the damn in Waterton Cyn, and the subsequent ride back to the TH, it was getting busy on the trail.

mtbr member
    Beautiful day here. 78░ and sunny. I started early this morning and got 34 miles of singletrack under my belt. Ran across lots of other bikers, hikers and runners too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

stoked brah
    Enjoyed the beautiful weather and quick 6 mile ride at the local rail trail with the Wife... really sucks working all Holidays, afternoon shift makes it even worse.
    Adam Christopher
    ♦ 2015 Santa Cruz Nomad C
    ♦ 2012 Specialized Epic Expert
    ♦ 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by FujNoob View Post
    Got hooked into a 50 mile road ride. Don't like road riding as much as being in the woods but its a pretty good group of guys so at least it will be fun.
    If nothing else it will build up your overall cycling fitness, especially if those roadies push for an average speed of ~20 mph. Stay in the pack & avoid taking pulls at the front, unless everyone is expected to do their share. In that case, don't overdo it. Do exactly your fair share, no moMaintain the pace set by the current rider. Check your speedometer. Common mistakes made by newbie roadies in pacelines include picking up the pace as soon as it's their turn to pull. Trust me, no one will be impressed with your strength, at least the rider directly behind you will be annoyed. If you think the pace is too slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

29ers Forever
    Hopefully a ride tomorrow and a ride on Sunday to make up for the missed ride at Kingdom Trails I had hoped to do.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- 26er
    1994 Cannondale R300- narrow tire roadie

High Desert MTBer
    Well, I didn't feel up to riding after my morning meds... headaches, joint aches, fatigue... usual crap... seems I can do every other day only, and yesterday was a gym day. TOMORROW!!! Tomorrow I go up the hill to search for Hero Dirt!!!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    No riding on the 4th. So the family and I hiked up Multnomah falls. I feel like I went riding. Does that count? I kept thinking on my way back down "This would be so cool at night (so there weren't any people.) Coming down this on my bike." I could really get into that. Now if they would just let me do it.