Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    Being good at memes... It's my cross to carry.
    I'm receiving no love for my memes and movie quotes over in the Off Camber "speed reading app" thread. Sticks > butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Them thar be some fancy two stepin words you got thar...can't understand a lick of it...damn edumaction types...ahhh damnIT..bong water on the carpet AGAIN...HONEY..get the damn shop vac again...and some of dat smelly air spray stuff...DAG NAb it
    Stoners aren't always trashy rednecks and trashy rednecks are usually more into meth and prescription painkillers or benzos.

mtbr member
    REDNECK ....I'm a RastafarianRedneck son :-) me no likey man made stuff, it be bad fer yah! Stick with nature and you can't go wrong.. If I want apples I'll eat one off the tree not open a can..dang CitySlickers. LOL

Damn that quad shot I drank from starbucks is still kicken...nap time soon..
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    REDNECK ....I'm a RastafarianRedneck son :-) me no likey man made stuff, it be bad fer yah! Stick with nature and you can't go wrong.. If I want apples I'll eat one off the tree not open a can..dang CitySlickers. LOL

Damn that quad shot I drank from starbucks is still kicken...nap time soon..
    Git er done!

420 and Mountain Biking-38-most-unexplainable-images-internet-17.jpg

mtbr member
    OMG...my eyes my eyes LOL
    Killin me Bro LOL hahahaaaa
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    That's you and me, Burt. Ruling the streets. Livin. I wonder where we're going?!

DFMBA.org

420 and Mountain Biking

I can't even imagine getting high and riding a mountain bike. I don't smoke but I'm an average rider at best, sober.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    you know when youre playing call of duty and youre doing ok, maybe averaging 1.0 k/d ratio? then you take a couple of rips in between maps and now youre getting headshots on almost every kill, sending out helicopters, launching missiles and ****?

its kind of like that when you bike high. your brain goes on autopilot and youre in a zone. grin gets wider. you stop thinking about the sketchy roots ahead of you and float over them.

these are my experiments, cannot reference.

mtbr member
    The "Zone". This is something that many riders that partake in smoking actually mention quite a bit. The level of focus is either intensified or the opposite, in which you cannot focus and start to defocus on the trail and the hazards around you. From my experience when I used to smoke and ride, it was my breathing and cadence that improved quite a bit. Almost to the point that you could set a pace and keep it no matter what conditions and change in grade.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    That's you and me, Burt. Ruling the streets. Livin. I wonder where we're going?!
    I don't know? It was your idea to go this way?
    Now push faster so I can shoot at something!! Take me to the park, kill me a squirrel....
    Ride MORE = Live Longer

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    The "Zone". This is something that many riders that partake in smoking actually mention quite a bit. The level of focus is either intensified or the opposite, in which you cannot focus and start to defocus on the trail and the hazards around you. From my experience when I used to smoke and ride, it was my breathing and cadence that improved quite a bit. Almost to the point that you could set a pace and keep it no matter what conditions and change in grade.
    Or you could have just imagined it. It's a well known phenomenon that people think they are witty and profound when intoxicated when objectively they are not. Of course nowadays I tend to see people at the extreme ends of the intoxication scale.

Just sayin.'

The "zone" is enhanced by artificial stupidity. By cutting out that obnoxious stuff going on in your head, you know... thoughts, one can completely focus on the trail for hours at a time.

And when that mental chatter starts back up? Smoke break to restupify.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuropoda View Post
    Or you could have just imagined it. It's a well known phenomenon that people think they are witty and profound when intoxicated when objectively they are not. Of course nowadays I tend to see people at the extreme ends of the intoxication scale.

Just sayin.'
    I do recall though that on average, I would just hit the "J" no more than 2-3 times. Just enough to take the edge off but still be in control, laugh and BS with all the riders and keep the pace steady rippin. I have ran into people that may be on the "extreme" end of things, such as what you said. They are usually the ones that take a smoke break andů1/2 an hour later start riding again. LOL! The riders I rode with were usually local mountain folk, shop mechanics, and soul riders. "Imagine", probably not, this was Reality MTB.

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    I'm limited in my use because of my job, but there isn't anything better than getting in the zone and enjoying nature and flowing through some singletrack...except for maybe the beer in the parking lot (or driveway) after the ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    Instant "in the zone" and pain doesn't hurt so bad.
    definitely but the problem i am having is heart rate ceiling is being reached too easily which can make me climb slowly until later in the ride.Downhill not even an issue. There are other factors i'm sure like sleep and nutrition and obviously dosage

Quote Originally Posted by natrat View Post
    definitely but the problem i am having is heart rate ceiling is being reached too easily which can make me climb slowly until later in the ride.Downhill not even an issue. There are other factors i'm sure like sleep and nutrition and obviously dosage
    Consumables unchain the lungs.

Reducing your body's ability to process oxygen by sucking smoke into your lungs preride is not going to help you climb hills.

Not to say i haven't done it.... But i have no illusions about what it does to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Consumables unchain the lungs.

Reducing your body's ability to process oxygen by sucking smoke into your lungs preride is not going to help you climb hills.

Not to say i haven't done it.... But i have no illusions about what it does to me.
    BUT, edibles leave me in a puddle on the couch. A nice sativa in a pipe and you are all jacked to go ride.

Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    BUT, edibles leave me in a puddle on the couch.
    Well, yea... and if you hork an entire 1/8th you will be a puddle on the couch too!

The candy bars dispensaries sell have a consistent strength and squares so you can consume a consistent dose. Know edibles creep, eat ONLY one square as you load your bike up to ride and by the time you are at the trail head you have a nice fuzz going.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    A nice sativa in a VAPORIZER and you are all jacked to go ride.
    fify, lambs bread ftw

Team Livemedium
    to the guy who said sex > a bowl on a chairlift......
    Pics or it didn't happen. Seems dangerous. Like the 20 ft high club?
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

mtbr member
    I am impressed with the resilience of the pro(ride+420) contingent on this topic. I would have expected them to have forgotten about the existence of this thread a while ago... It must be that modern weed that sharpens your senses. Because it sure didn't do that in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by borabora View Post
    I am impressed with the resilience of the pro(ride+420) contingent on this topic. I would have expected them to have forgotten about the existence of this thread a while ago... It must be that modern weed that sharpens your senses. Because it sure didn't do that in the 70s.
    Im not completely sure what you are talking about....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Im not completely sure what you are talking about....
    Ok, it was a joke poking fun at:
    a) the tendency for people who smoke weed to lose track of the conversation topic,
    b) the 70s generation that supposedly was dazed and confused,
    c) the claim that smoking pot can sharpen your senses

mtbr member
    From a recent MTBR article: "We are not botanists but it is our business to understand this evil weed as it affects our mountain biking. No other trail hazard out there can be as damaging and bothersome to our riding."

bumbles bounce
    Anybody seen my ride, mon?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    If mountain biking is about recreation and a little spliff enhances the experience, what's the harm?

Mountain biking didn't appear on anyone's' horizon in the Midwest until about 1983, but most of us had dirt bikes, Jeeps or trucks, the first Honda ATC's, etc. We'd head for the wilds, stop and "load up", and usually sit around in the sun, shirtless, when the weather was warm. Now we're all covered in pink scars where the dermatologists are hacking skin cancer off of us.

And that leads me to an important point: I think MTB'ing for the under 40 crowd has become about the adrenaline rush of speed, skill, and talent. Maybe its just the politically rightward lurch, but not as many of that younger crowd ride to experience the day in the way we did, but many ride to experience the rush. When I am high, I am happy to take in every molecule of the experience...at 60% of the speed I'm capable of when clean. I see and remember every pebble and leaf, even ascribe different moods to the north side of a hill than the southern exposure. I am not much interested in the adrenaline, or the endorphins; an afternoon on a blue trail is immensely satisfying in a way that sometimes equals clearing a tech-y trail.

I often encounter younger riders at the bottom of a downhill run, celebrating how they did on tech . I often encounter old farts like me at the top of a hill...catching our breath for sure, but also taking in a view, celebrating still being alive. That ain't such a bad thing, eh?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast