Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ride On!
    Sounds like it might be fun... would probably get in the way of my addiction to Mountain Biking Guess I would also have to double up on the power bars

mtbr member
    It's personal preference and makes the point that herb effects us all differently. For me it's a relaxation and sleep aid at this point in my life. It makes me ride extremely cautiously and rarely do I find the zone when I mix the two. I'm generally easy going but prefer to push myself when I'm mountain biking and it's annoying to stop every 20 minutes for the alcoholics and pot heads needing to be drunk and high to enjoy every moment in life. I used to mix the two quite a bit, honestly because I do enjoy smoking, and I enjoy riding, but what I've learned is that the two don't mix well for me.

I enjoy the occasional party ride, don't get me wrong, but I use mountain biking as the ultimate stress outlet and prefer riding at the limit. With the addition of herb it just acts as a limiter for me and I end up eating all the stale snacks in my camelbak rather than ripping single track. I guess I've turned into more of a racer boy and less of a soul rider, but to each their own. I've done plenty of drugs in my life and actually think that the whole needing to be buzzed to enjoy something is really lame. But, that's just me personally. Yep, I'll occasionally take the bowl that is passed at the trail but more often than not I prefer traveling in tight and efficient groups that are more focused on speed than weed. It's all balance, a little herb never hurt anyone, I just like it after instead of before or during!
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Dude! I'm in full agreement with you. If you want to push yourself to your limits best to do it at your best condition. But this 420 ride is a party ride! It's been so long since I rode stoned and if we get together. You could decide if you want to toke before, during or after. My plan is to ride like a teenager again just for 1 day (4/20) then enjoy each others company. No Strava, no racing, and definitely no peer pressure. We'll just goof off a bit then hang out afterwards. If you're concerned about stale energy bars..take em off your Camelbak! Then load up on Doritos, Funions, and Sneakers bars!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyMTBer View Post
    Lets do this! Lets start with a location check! I live in the SF Bay Area. I haven't ridden stoned in a while. So lets do something "NOT TOO GNARLY". Maybe China Camp or if you guys wanna be nostalgic, we could ride up Mt. Tam. Also, you don't have to smoke to join.
    I am in! Anyone else that is in as well, PM me or PinoyMTBer and we will decide on a place, time, etc. Off the forum grid, so the man doesn't know where the smoke is coming from! See ya on 4/20!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hell Yeah! Our own 420 ride! Just like what Zgroove said, PM us if you guys/gals are interested in joining. We'll pick a spot thats convenient for all of us and fun but not overly technical. This will be an open invite for all skill level. We will ride at a social pace (more like stoner pace). BUT! everyone joining needs to be 18+...No exceptions! We don't want to "contribute to the delinquency of a minor"

mtbr member
    I do everything stoned.

Mountain biking, running, snowboarding, the gym, work, etc. I've even run a marathon baked out of my dome.

I prefer edibles over smoking these days.

mtbr member
    I just got back from travelling yesterday. I fired up my vaporizer last night but found i did not enjoy it at all. I was baked for sure but found i really did not like the feeling anymore. Im stumped.
    Has this happened to any of you?
    At this point I'm not going to touch it again..

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

420 and Mountain Biking

Sometimes it feels good just to be straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelchef67 View Post
    I just got back from travelling yesterday. I fired up my vaporizer last night but found i did not enjoy it at all. I was baked for sure but found i really did not like the feeling anymore. Im stumped.
    for sure i have to be doing something, i used to motivate to clean the house that way but sitting around not so much

banned
    Jan 2013
    Not to the point of not touching it again, but yea. Its been over 15 years since i wanted to be stoned 24/7. I dont like feeling befuddled during the week or at home anymore. For me stupifying is reserved for surfing, mountain biking, and camping.

Everyone is different, but being all high makes me antsy and want to charge. My circle of friends who ride and surf high do not stop every 20 min to smoke, nor do we ride cautiously tripping out on flowers, trees, and nature's glory. A 1.5 - 2 hour ride is anything but a mellow party ride, getting back to the truck is when we relax. It would need to be a 3+ hr epic for us to actually break out a pipe and re stupify mid ride.

mtbr member
    I know that feeling. Usually a good sign that it's time for a break from it. I'm like my bud BigRingGrinder. When I was younger, I liked to partake far more often. I've grown out of that and now prefer to have a few days of clarity each week. Lots easier on the wallet that way, too.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    the first time that happened to me was a little over 13 years ago. I went to a meditation retreat with a girlfriend and came back home completely blissed out and feeling fine. I thought to myself, "man, a bong hit would make me feel even better!" and packed one with some kind. I took a few hits and... It sucked. Big time. I went from feeling the best I'd felt in a long time to feeling "bleh..." I didn't smoke for a year or two at least, and then only every once in a while. The same thing happened after the first time I rode my motorcycle on a racetrack. Felt incredible. poked smot, buzz killed. I stopped entirely after that.
    For me, weed doesn't even come close to the natural highs of meditating or the endorphin and adrenaline rush of action sports. The cognitive impairments that it brings along with it are not worthwhile either. Give me mind in its natural state any day.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    There are two kinds of people who don't like drugs; those are people who have never used drugs, and those that sucked at using them.
    -Doug Stanhope
    For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction...

Taking in any carcinogen during an exercise routine will decrease lung capacity and efficiency.

You could get a ticket for breaking the written law.

Your reaction time is raised, now there is a higher chance of injury or death.

You are now more hungry and want to stop again to eat.
    I drive more when the streets need repairs!

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Its still illegal in 48 states. I work for the state of Utah's Counter Drug Program. You won't get a pass lighting up around me while mountain biking.
    Wow, a real, live drug warrior!

You are wasting your life doing battle, causing harm to others because you think you know better than they do and think you should be able to control them.

I hope you will wake up one day. The rest of the world is starting to...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

mtbr member
    Big thanks for all your input. I thought i was going crazy. Im going to lay off completely or just as a nighttime sleep aid. Not sure yet. But definitely not doing any for awhile still. I the feeling of the 10 mile ride i just finished feels waaay better.
    Btw PDXMark i was using a vaporizer they don't burn pot only warm it to release thc , there is no smoke and very little smell. Much safer to use than smoking it.
    Also mine looks like reg blue asthma inhaler. Extremely discreet.

ps
    Silentfoe go somewhere else than this thread. Btw I am in Canada so suck it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    The More people that smoke the herb, the more Babylon Fall! - "Bob Marley"
    Bingo
    " All things flow according to the whim of The Great Magnet ".

Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Deleted cause I'm paranoid.
    Last edited by Rumblefish29er; 04-13-2014 at 06:38 PM.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Better start 'em young I say.

420 and Mountain Biking-my-baby.jpg
    Banned for showing Boobies.

mtbr member
    This thread is great and once again thank you for all the contributors! I hope this continues and the opinions of the masses keep flowing. I have gotten some negative private messages against it and some positive ones as well. As well as some negative reputation marks and some positive ones to boot also. The positive PM's state their reason for touching base privately and give honest, well informed thought to the topic. On the other hand, most of the negative feedback I have received are fragmented sentences, or two to three word responses that are kind of hard to respond to since they come at a level of catty high-school dialogue or just "bitter rider" for bringing up the subject. I truly sympathize as well to the riders that have had bad life experiences with smoking weed and I would love to hear about it. I know many riders that quit drinking, using recreational drugs, etc, and took up the MTB lifestyle and that is their drug of choice. To them, much props and much respect. To all the negative responders that are reading this, please feel free to post publicly so the rest of the forum readers can contribute to your feelings regarding the subject and add to this interesting topic. On another note though, I may have to read this whole forum high one day and laugh my ass off at some of the humorous comments. Like that pic of the funky baby with a glass pipe and the lighter tucked in its robe! LOL! Classic!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bike hippy View Post
    Spoken like a true triathlete.
    Far from a triathlete, I'm a bit fat. And running sucks.

I also wonder how many guys smoke near the end of their ride. Do they load up the bikes on the car and drive on home?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBMILES View Post
    Sometimes it feels good just to be straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes a little gay is OK.
    God hates figs. Luke 13:6-9

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elongate View Post
    Far from a triathlete, I'm a bit fat. And running sucks.

I also wonder how many guys smoke near the end of their ride. Do they load up the bikes on the car and drive on home?
    To be fair, if one can properly control a mountain bike, a car is pretty cake.
    God hates figs. Luke 13:6-9

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGordo View Post
    Better start 'em young I say.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My-baby.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	879627
    That is a little troubling. Apparently though the high cbo strains, ie the ones that are not psychoactive, are being used as a last resort for children with uncontrollable seizures. It really is a misunderstood substance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    This thread is great and once again thank you for all the contributors! I hope this continues and the opinions of the masses keep flowing. I have gotten some negative private messages against it and some positive ones as well. As well as some negative reputation marks and some positive ones to boot also. The positive PM's state their reason for touching base privately and give honest, well informed thought to the topic. On the other hand, most of the negative feedback I have received are fragmented sentences, or two to three word responses that are kind of hard to respond to since they come at a level of catty high-school dialogue or just "bitter rider" for bringing up the subject. I truly sympathize as well to the riders that have had bad life experiences with smoking weed and I would love to hear about it. I know many riders that quit drinking, using recreational drugs, etc, and took up the MTB lifestyle and that is their drug of choice. To them, much props and much respect. To all the negative responders that are reading this, please feel free to post publicly so the rest of the forum readers can contribute to your feelings regarding the subject and add to this interesting topic. On another note though, I may have to read this whole forum high one day and laugh my ass off at some of the humorous comments. Like that pic of the funky baby with a glass pipe and the lighter tucked in its robe! LOL! Classic!
    It speaks volumes that some of those with negative comments on the subject are afraid to post them publicly. Typical.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natrat View Post
    That is a little troubling. Apparently though the high cbo strains, ie the ones that are not psychoactive, are being used as a last resort for children with uncontrollable seizures. It really is a misunderstood substance.
    Do you mean CBD strains? Cannabidiol? Yes, that baby is a bit disturbing, even in jest it's not particularly funny, and I have a weird sense of humor. Plus that piece is not colorful enough to hold it's attention for very long. Further, I think my scout master would frown since that baby clearly isn't old enough to have earned the campfire merit badge and that lighter isn't a Bic.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by team huffy View Post
    We're calling mr ATF, government goon a douche because he's basically saying if he see's somebody burning it down on the trail, he's going to arrest them or something. I have something for dan-O, in 2007 i suffered a MX injury, complete tib/fib, I still have a ti rod in my tib, and fib is plated/screwed. I have a card and it's legit. cannabis definitely eases the aches I get. Rubs, and edibles/pills are most effective, but smoking it works too, I felt it was a natural alternative to harsh synthetic pharmaceuticals that have addiction/other side effects of their own.Cannabis is a herb that has many benefits for well being, and like any other med, it can be abused. For me, it has the effect of not only dulling the actual pain i experience, but it makes me mentally "forget" the pain is actually occurring, thereby easing the pain, edibles are good but make me want to eat everything in sight. My brother is a real police/swat, and i'll tell you right now, he does not burn, but if he sees you doing it on the trail and not bothering anybody he would not give two ****s about it. Johnny Utah is the type of guy who will kick doors down to confiscate guns. IMO he probably is in most need of a freshy green bowl, dude needs to relax.
    I could not agree more, he could probably benefit from a little " reset ". I personally can't partake anymore due to working for a regulated utility, but back in the day I enjoyed a hike or ride after a jay. I never crashed, never hurt anyone, and felt a strong connection to nature and a desire to help protect it as a result. I say be sensible and discreet and have fun.
    " All things flow according to the whim of The Great Magnet ".

Hunter S. Thompson

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybastard26 View Post
    i could not agree more, he could probably benefit from a little " reset ". I personally can't partake anymore due to working for a regulated utility, but back in the day i enjoyed a hike or ride after a jay. I never crashed, never hurt anyone, and felt a strong connection to nature and a desire to help protect it as a result. I say be sensible and discreet and have fun.
    +1
    g
    Banned for showing Boobies.

mtbr member

Why not?

Ya' know, I was wondering when someone was gonna get around to this...

Ok, so I might partake occasionally (Grateful Dead show; at home with the GF & Blazing Saddles video; etc). But oddly enough when it comes to mountain biking I'm not into catching a buzz. Why?
    Well, at least for me, this sport has enough element of 'danger' that I figure "why push it"? At my age (59), my skills (meh..weekend warrior), and my health plan (Kaiser), well...I'll wait 'til the ride is done. But hey, that's just me. I totally understand why others may smoke n' ride (sometimes I kinda' want to as well), and I'm cool with it!
    Name:  weed meme.JPG
Views: 10986
Size:  34.1 KB

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by glenj View Post
    Ya' know, I was wondering when someone was gonna get around to this... Ok, so I might partake occasionally (Grateful Dead show; at home with the GF & Blazing Saddles video; etc). But oddly enough when it comes to mountain biking I'm not into catching a buzz. Why? Well, at least for me, this sport has enough element of 'danger' that I figure "why push it"? At my age (59), my skills (meh..weekend warrior), and my health plan (Kaiser), well...I'll wait 'til the ride is done. But hey, that's just me. I totally understand why others may smoke n' ride (sometimes I kinda' want to as well), and I'm cool with it! Name:  weed meme.JPG
Views: 10986
Size:  34.1 KB
    HAHAHA, that's hilarious, you rock

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Ride high

Fly high

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by natrat View Post
    The Mississippi House just passed a bill that would legalize CBO-containing marijuana oil for use in medical treatment. The oil is high in CBO, which has medicinal properties, and has no THC, which is what produces the high.

Progress.

WJTV News Channel 12 - Mississippi House Passes Bill Legalizing Marijuana Oil

mtbr member
    CBD not CBO, pretty sure about on the acronym. I'm not saying there isn't a molecule abbreviated CBO in marijuana, although I'm not aware of it, but tinctures or oils used to treat seizures in children have been described as having high concentrations of cannabidiols aka CBDs. I think I even remember seeing an article about medicinal use being OKed in Utah as well recently. That short article doesn't mention CBO or CBD, but describes the oil as being effective treatment for children who have seizures.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    CBD not CBO, pretty sure about on the acronym. I'm not saying there isn't a molecule abbreviated CBO in marijuana, although I'm not aware of it, but tinctures or oils used to treat seizures in children have been described as having high concentrations of cannabidiols aka CBDs. I think I even remember seeing an article about medicinal use being OKed in Utah as well recently. That short article doesn't mention CBO or CBD, but describes the oil as being effective treatment for children who have seizures.
    Right. I meant CBD. Quoting the other post threw me off. I hear Alabama is working on a similar bill. I'm surprised Alabama and Mississippi are ahead of some other states. I suppose if MJ gets a foot in the door there, it's a good sign.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Have you guys ever bunny hopped..........................on weed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBridinDirtay View Post
    Have you guys ever bunny hopped..........................on weed?
    Ya but I didn't get very high.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Its still illegal in 48 states. I work for the state of Utah's Counter Drug Program. You won't get a pass lighting up around me while mountain biking.
    In Colorado we call that the "Over the Counter" drug program.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Big thanks for all your input. I thought i was going crazy. Im going to lay off completely or just as a nighttime sleep aid. Not sure yet. But definitely not doing any for awhile still. I the feeling of the 10 mile ride i just finished feels waaay better.
    Btw PDXMark i was using a vaporizer they don't burn pot only warm it to release thc , there is no smoke and very little smell. Much safer to use than smoking it.
    Also mine looks like reg blue asthma inhaler. Extremely discreet.

ps
    Silentfoe go somewhere else than this thread. Btw I am in Canada so suck it

Is it by any chance a Pax vape? That's my nighttime toking tool. Pipes and papers for the after ride smoke on the trail.

Most of the time I ride to and from the trails I'm riding so I don't really worry about smoking. I go far off the beaten path and since I build the trails, I know where the good smoke spots are.

I'm not one for smoking beforehand though. I used to with a buddy but it really slowed my reaction time down and caused me to lose my flow. Just my .02.

mtbr member
    Nope not a pax vap , its called the "puffit"
    I only smoke after ride or at the last easy bit of my ride.

Afric Pepperbird
    Ahhh... the good old days of the giggles-inducing Mexican weed of my high school years. Pardon me while I get nostalgic. 😢

Giggles + Munchies vs being a vegetable on the couch?

You tell me who wins.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Interesting read..

I don't smoke and ride trails. I don't think anyone should be smoking in the chair lifts or the trails. On the other hand studies show pot doesn't impair one's coordination and motor function enough to matter.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeless junkie View Post
    Interesting read..

I don't smoke and ride trails. I don't think anyone should be smoking in the chair lifts or the trails. On the other hand studies show pot doesn't impair one's coordination and motor function enough to matter.
    link to studies? there is some evidence, far from a study, that habitual users do not experience impairment compared to non-habitual users. However, the same can probably be said about alcohol too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    link to studies? there is some evidence, far from a study, that habitual users do not experience impairment compared to non-habitual users. However, the same can probably be said about alcohol too.
    Haha.. I was baiting other guy asking for proof here but since you asked.. There's no link but go out, ride and see for yourself. I guess the point I'm trying to make is there's lots of people riding and skiing expert trails high on pot. They seem to get along just fine. Heck, half the time I don't know my friends are high. Therefore my study concludes that if you can ride a bike or a snowboard high on marijuana then you can drive a car safely.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Haha.. I was baiting other guy asking for proof here but since you asked.. There's no link but go out, ride and see for yourself. I guess the point I'm trying to make is there's lots of people riding and skiing expert trails high on pot. They seem to get along just fine. Heck, half the time I don't know my friends are high. Therefore my study concludes that if you can ride a bike or a snowboard high on marijuana then you can drive a car safely.
    You're lucky Bill the Cat isn't here. He demands legit peer review journal articles and will accept nothing less. He's probably smoking banana peels and making sweet love to Jean Kirkpatrick so you're good for now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    You're lucky Bill the Cat isn't here. He demands legit peer review journal articles and will accept nothing less. He's probably smoking banana peels and making sweet love to Jean Kirkpatrick so you're good for now.
    That's who I was looking for. I was trying to get his attention so I could find out if he partakes or not. I think not and he's giving us squares a bad name.

mtbr member
    That's who I was looking for. I was trying to get his attention so I could find out if he partakes or not. I think not and he's giving us squares a bad name.
    Perhaps you are referring to Monogod? If I remember correctly he has been there, done that and now counsels those who need it. I don't believe he partakes anymore and has stated his good reasoning and experiences as to why in other threads. Apologies to Monogod if I'm talkin out the wrong end.
    I don't have anything against personal experience, but multiple personal experiences need to be recorded, considered and interpreted in the 3rd person by many insightful individuals who then converse to a consensus in order to make a statement that could affect society at large. Disclaimer, multiple personality experiences don't count, sorry.
    Really it's all about discussion (at least I hope it is), not looking down on those from on high if you happen to read peer reviewed articles, and you shouldn't feel threatened by the question concerning the origin of your knowledge. You should hopefully feel engaged and not vilify those who would seek knowledge. You should refrain from using the word study which implies something wholly different than personal experience.

mtbr member
    Anarchist cookbook reference ftw.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Perhaps you are referring to Monogod? If I remember correctly he has been there, done that and now counsels those who need it. I don't believe he partakes anymore and has stated his good reasoning and experiences as to why in other threads. Apologies to Monogod if I'm talkin out the wrong end.
    I don't have anything against personal experience, but multiple personal experiences need to be recorded, considered and interpreted in the 3rd person by many insightful individuals who then converse to a consensus in order to make a statement that could affect society at large. Disclaimer, multiple personality experiences don't count, sorry.
    Really it's all about discussion (at least I hope it is), not looking down on those from on high if you happen to read peer reviewed articles, and you shouldn't feel threatened by the question concerning the origin of your knowledge. You should hopefully feel engaged and not vilify those who would seek knowledge. You should refrain from using the word study which implies something wholly different than personal experience.
    Wow.. I used the word "study" to get someone's attention. You asked me about it and I wrote a silly reply. Everything I wrote was meant to be lighthearted. No one's hating on Bill. I like Bill the Cat do not smoke pot, drink or do any other drugs.

I'm sorry my poor taste at humor and curiosity have you questioning my motives. I read the whole thread this morning and noticed that the one seemingly sober guy asking questions hasn't exactly made friends here. I was wondering if he was in fact sober. Next time I'll PM. I heard weed makes you paranoid.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anarchist cookbook reference ftw.
    I was actually referring to Bloom County, but I'm guessing it was mentioned in the AC first. I learned everything I know from Bloom County.

mtbr member
    I'm sorry my poor taste at humor and curiosity have you questioning my motives. I read the whole thread this morning and noticed that the one seemingly sober guy asking questions hasn't exactly made friends here. I was wondering if he was in fact sober. Next time I'll PM. I heard weed makes you paranoid.
    Apologies for not getting your humor. No insult intended, not really trying to be a word nazi either, I'm not much for the enforcement. Words usually fall short of conveying the intention of the meaning behind them. Carry on.

mtbr member
    I was actually referring to Bloom County, but I'm guessing it was mentioned in the AC first. I learned everything I know from Bloom County.
    Probably should have assumed that, but you never know.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast