Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 322
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,110
    Also: Latter, not later.

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Yody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,175
    Different people have different tolerances. Somebody who never uses the stuff should not take a hit of some %20 thc weed right before a wicked descent. If you never do the stuff just one strong hit of some good stuff can make you damn near hallucinate.. On the other hand, someone who partakes everyday is going to have a much higher tolerance and will likely be able to manage riding just fine, if anything it just mellows them out and helps with anxiety.

    And I agree its funny how people act about marijuana but its okay to drink in the parking lot after a ride and then go drive home, or drink beers (%8abv) on the trail like its the thing to do. A few puffs after a ride does way less than a few beers, especially after a hard cardio effort. Nothing wrong with either IMO if you're responsible enough.

    And for the record if you're into cardio activity stop smoking and pick up a vaporizer, much healthier.

    To me 420 and MTB go hand in hand, nature, bikes, and weed are a great combo
    friends don't let friends Fred

  3. #153
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Reposado Man
    This is a damn mtb forum about potsmoking, not a thesis. Sir.
    you're the one who said "studies show", sir. i merely asked you to provide them.

    if you can't provide them, perhaps it's better not to say "studies show" and stick with "as seen on tv".
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  4. #154
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    Really? That's the new standard of interwebz posturing? Journal published peer review studies that are to be examined and reviewed by this audience? Not sure if that's realistic in a mtbr forum thread on '420 and mtbing'.

    Anyway - NORML has some selective quotes from cited studies: Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence

    Feel free to research them if you are interested in familiarizing yourself with these studies.
    so asking someone to provide for examination the studies he referenced is posturing? bwaaaaaaahahahaha.... that's rich.

    if it's reasonable to mention the alleged studies in said forum then it's not unrealistic to ask for them to be cited for examination and review.

    also, cherry picking "select quotes" to serve one's agenda while ignoring other studies or even variables and equations within the cherry picked study isn't really substantiative proof of anything either.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: client_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    826
    Last edited by client_9; 03-14-2014 at 06:18 AM.

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5
    The 420 pedals by Azonic are strong and lightweight platform pedals that are still durable and reliable.

    Extruded body
    CNC machined
    DU/sealed bearings
    W33 & V9 Pins
    Weight: 430g with pins/pair

    I had never problem maintaining control while toked up.

  7. #157
    Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Reputation: GelatiCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: 420 and Mountain Biking

    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    Nothing wrong with either IMO if you're responsible enough.

    And for the record if you're into cardio activity stop smoking and pick up a vaporizer, much healthier.

    To me 420 and MTB go hand in hand, nature, bikes, and weed are a great combo
    All of this... Especially the "responsible" part.

  8. #158
    Your bike sucks
    Reputation: Carl Mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    so asking someone to provide for examination the studies he referenced is posturing?
    He's posturing and you're posturing - each trying to make some sort of point just at different levels of passive aggressiveness.

    Who cares man? You're trying to take a poster to task on an internet forum by requesting references to studies in peer reviewed journals that then further need to be scrutinized by you only to be followed by a bunch of pseudo lawyer talk like 'said studies' and 'alleged'. Your expected level of discourse = fail.

    In hopes of putting this to bed, I linked you to an organization that has references to studies that support the other poster's point. I used the word 'selective' because it is a biased list. Duh. Go through it yourself if you are interested. If you want me to chew and digest your food for you, forget it.

  9. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,601
    There is nothing wrong with asking someone how they formed their opinion and on what the opinion is based.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,757

    Cool-blue Rhythm +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    Different people have different tolerances. Somebody who never uses the stuff should not take a hit of some %20 thc weed right before a wicked descent. If you never do the stuff just one strong hit of some good stuff can make you damn near hallucinate.. On the other hand, someone who partakes everyday is going to have a much higher tolerance and will likely be able to manage riding just fine, if anything it just mellows them out and helps with anxiety.

    And I agree its funny how people act about marijuana but its okay to drink in the parking lot after a ride and then go drive home, or drink beers (%8abv) on the trail like its the thing to do. A few puffs after a ride does way less than a few beers, especially after a hard cardio effort. Nothing wrong with either IMO if you're responsible enough.

    And for the record if you're into cardio activity stop smoking and pick up a vaporizer, much healthier.

    To me 420 and MTB go hand in hand, nature, bikes, and weed are a great combo

    The most sensible answer yet! I don't do it because I get a headache if I smoke when I do any sports...... but AFTER ..
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

    Giggity!

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juan_speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by juan speeder
    We here, in General Discussion, will only accept articles published by reputable peer review journals.

    Good day sir
    I was just joking about the peer reviewed journals.


    I just thought it was funny, 'cause I was high, maaaaan.
    Supply Side Jesusnomosist

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    349
    I was watching the movie Klunkers the other day and one of the original Repack racers said that the prize for the Repack winner was usually some cold beers and a bag of some "smokables". I doubt they were taking about a Smoked Ham or some Smoked Almonds!

    Check the proof at 2:00 minute mark of this video:
    Klunkerz History of Mountain biking - Trailer - YouTube

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDocTx View Post
    I don't smoke (anymore) but I say have at it. Its no worse than drinking craft beer at the trailhead.

    Very true!

    I am more offended by people wearing headphones or MP3 players playing while they are riding. That's for another thread.

    Get in touch with nature
    2017 Fuel EX 9

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 2obscura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    119

    420 and Mountain Biking

    Quote Originally Posted by ZmyDust View Post
    The one-hitter is the most used tool I carry in my camel bak
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

  15. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    58
    Nothing I would do. But its your life not mine.

  16. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    504
    Day 53 and my lungs feel better and I have more energy. T level probably went up, and that's good.
    I get ticked off easier though, and when that happens, my cortisol level goes up, which is not good. I can Om louder and longer than a dijereedoo, though, and that helps!
    Dude I used to get it from has less money to spend at the bar, now, and the bar owner complained to me! So now my abstinence is helping to further tank the local economy!
    Talk about "peer pressure!"

  17. #167
    Oh, So Interesting!
    Reputation: davec113's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody View Post
    Different people have different tolerances. Somebody who never uses the stuff should not take a hit of some %20 thc weed right before a wicked descent. If you never do the stuff just one strong hit of some good stuff can make you damn near hallucinate.. On the other hand, someone who partakes everyday is going to have a much higher tolerance and will likely be able to manage riding just fine, if anything it just mellows them out and helps with anxiety.

    And I agree its funny how people act about marijuana but its okay to drink in the parking lot after a ride and then go drive home, or drink beers (%8abv) on the trail like its the thing to do. A few puffs after a ride does way less than a few beers, especially after a hard cardio effort. Nothing wrong with either IMO if you're responsible enough.

    And for the record if you're into cardio activity stop smoking and pick up a vaporizer, much healthier.

    To me 420 and MTB go hand in hand, nature, bikes, and weed are a great combo
    Also, cannabis can stabilize some brain chemistry issues (Bipolar, Bp II, ADD) and in these folks it can certainly enhance performance. Other people may panic and get tunnel vision and it makes them uncomfortable, even if they regularly smoke while just hanging out at home. So besides the tolerance issue, there is a very wide range of individual reactions to cannabis.

    So some may win Olympic gold while high, others may only be able to go 60%.

    Also, I completely agree with your last sentence!
    .




    Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

  18. #168
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Mega View Post
    He's posturing and you're posturing - each trying to make some sort of point just at different levels of passive aggressiveness.

    Who cares man? You're trying to take a poster to task on an internet forum by requesting references to studies in peer reviewed journals that then further need to be scrutinized by you only to be followed by a bunch of pseudo lawyer talk like 'said studies' and 'alleged'. Your expected level of discourse = fail.

    In hopes of putting this to bed, I linked you to an organization that has references to studies that support the other poster's point. I used the word 'selective' because it is a biased list. Duh. Go through it yourself if you are interested. If you want me to chew and digest your food for you, forget it.
    sorry bro, but when someone tries to validate their point by saying "studies show" it is NOT posturing to request said studies; no matter how much you to want it to be in order to justify inserting yourself to posture and instigate drama. having read a couple studies on the subject my request was one of genuine interest rather than posturing - especially considering that i don't even have a dog in the fight.

    stating "studies show" freely invites the question "which studies?". if someone had said, "studies show [anything negative about weed]" they would have been aggressively dog-piled with "provide them", "which studies", and "references please" by the pro-ganja crowd. would you have taken those demanding said studies to task for posturing? of course not. that's called "situational ethics" and "bias".

    speaking of bias, irrespective of subject matter when bias is blatantly or surreptitiously used to prove a point it will raise red flags in the minds of any objective, thinking person and cause them to be skeptical, if not incredulous, of the point being "proven".

    cherry picking and biased studies are dishonest, disingenuous, and shady tools that when used to validate one's point really prove nothing other than the existence of a bias.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,029
    M-j has different effects on different people, whereas alcohol is mostly consistent.

    Alcohol makes people dumber but makes them think they're sharper, encouraging them to think they can drive like Mario Andretti.
    Marijuana makes people dumber but also makes them more cautious, encouraging them to drive like they are taking their license exam.

    Although many studies do show this (here's one- THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING ) real world observation makes those studies unnecessary IMO.

    Now uh..... what were we talking about again?

  20. #170
    Retro on Steroids
    Reputation: Repack Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,866
    For over four decades I was a roadie for a San Francisco rock band. During that time I drove and wore out several trucks, accident free and often under trying conditions. There is no way of estimating how many miles I drove, but the odometer on one truck quit around 300,000 and I drove it another fifteen years. I once drove coast to coast during the winter in 63 hours.

    I wouldn't say we had a fattie going ALL the time, but most drives started with one, especially at 2 a.m., and there would probably be a couple more before the drive ended. We never picked up hitchhikers, but sometimes we tossed them a joint of the best they had ever tried.

    The beer was always free for me, but I didn't drink much of it because it interfered with the job. I'm one of the few of that profession and generation who didn't do massive amounts of coke. I was a bike rider then also, and weed is my drug of choice.

    Anecdotal for sure, but that was a lot of driving to do without ever running into anything. I tell people that I have driven farther in my sleep than most people drive in a year, but that's actually a joke.

  21. #171
    Retro on Steroids
    Reputation: Repack Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,866
    Kids these days...


    420 and Mountain Biking-420bus.jpg

  22. #172
    YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Reputation: GoGoGordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by 2obscura View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    +1 on dat!

    420 and Mountain Biking-dsc00356-medium-.jpg
    Banned for showing Boobies.

  23. #173
    YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Reputation: GoGoGordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by ZmyDust View Post
    The one-hitter is the most used tool I carry in my camel bak
    +1 on dat!

    420 and Mountain Biking-dsc00356-medium-.jpg
    Banned for showing Boobies.

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    For over four decades I was a roadie for a San Francisco rock band. During that time I drove and wore out several trucks, accident free and often under trying conditions. There is no way of estimating how many miles I drove, but the odometer on one truck quit around 300,000 and I drove it another fifteen years. I once drove coast to coast during the winter in 63 hours.

    I wouldn't say we had a fattie going ALL the time, but most drives started with one, especially at 2 a.m., and there would probably be a couple more before the drive ended. We never picked up hitchhikers, but sometimes we tossed them a joint of the best they had ever tried.

    The beer was always free for me, but I didn't drink much of it because it interfered with the job. I'm one of the few of that profession and generation who didn't do massive amounts of coke. I was a bike rider then also, and weed is my drug of choice.

    Anecdotal for sure, but that was a lot of driving to do without ever running into anything. I tell people that I have driven farther in my sleep than most people drive in a year, but that's actually a joke.
    Did you ever get to drive the Furthur bus?

  25. #175
    Retro on Steroids
    Reputation: Repack Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Did you ever get to drive the Furthur bus?
    Nope. But Phil Lesh is a personal friend; I moved his pianos for him.

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Nope. But Phil Lesh is a personal friend; I moved his pianos for him.
    I figured there were a few cool people hanging out on this site, but along with the Gary Fisher connection, you sir are the frickin Fonz!
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  27. #177
    Retro on Steroids
    Reputation: Repack Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I figured there were a few cool people hanging out on this site
    This might amuse you then.

    When I worked for Bicycling (25 years ago) the editors wanted to do an ad campaign featuring well known people who were mountain bikers. I suggested Bobby Weir. He did the ad and got a bike out of the deal. Then he signed the proof sheet from the ad.

    420 and Mountain Biking-weirsend.jpg

    Forgot to mention that the day I met Gary Fisher in 1971, he was on his bike, like I was, and ten minutes after we met, we were smoking a joint in the Grateful Dead office in San Rafael.

    It's all in my book.

    Or you could check out my website.

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    This might amuse you then.

    When I worked for Bicycling (25 years ago) the editors wanted to do an ad campaign featuring well known people who were mountain bikers. I suggested Bobby Weir. He did the ad and got a bike out of the deal. Then he signed the proof sheet from the ad.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weirsend.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	877944

    Forgot to mention that the day I met Gary Fisher in 1971, he was on his bike, like I was, and ten minutes after we met, we were smoking a joint in the Grateful Dead office in San Rafael.

    It's all in my book.

    Or you could check out my website.
    Yeah Repack Rider! Having your posts on this forum is the exact reason that had me thinking on posting this initial forum post in the first place! First and foremost thank you! Being in my early forties, I can remember reading about you cats in the Bay area when my group of rider friends were all starting out in the Central Valley hitting place like Auburn, Georgetown, El Dorado Hills, Downieville, and Tahoe area in the late 80's and throughout the 90's. The MTB culture was very different and eighth of weed was almost mandatory on any group ride as much was a multi-tool! I still remember riding on the river trail in Sacramento and locking up all our bikes against the fence at Cal Expo, jumping the fence, and check out the Dead play and then going back to riding after the show all tripped out! LOL! Crazy good times! You were probably working at that show! It seemed like the sport was still untapped and the brotherhood amongst the riders was very much on camaraderie, exploration, and good times, rather than performance, technological social networking, etc.
    Things work in cycles (not to use as a pun), but as legislation gets stronger for legalization of Marijuana in States such as Oregon, California, Alaska, etc. I feel that this "Soul" Riding culture will emerge again and separate themselves from the performance driven culture and give new life to the sport and enlist some new riders as well. Could be pipe dreams or not. What do you think Repack Rider and other fellow riders?

  29. #179
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    Could be pipe dreams or not.
    excellent pun.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  30. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hairnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    Edibles, Black Sabbath, and Night Riding is a religious experience.
    !! I haven't done that in ages but I may just have to with the miles and miles of fire roads out here.
    Los Angelino looking to escape the clamor.

  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Its still illegal in 48 states. I work for the state of Utah's Counter Drug Program. You won't get a pass lighting up around me while mountain biking.
    Well now it's quite clear who the biggest douche bag on the forum is.

  32. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: juan_speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by sbvx67 View Post
    Well now it's quite clear who the biggest douche bag on the forum is.
    Plus, he's just wrong too. It's recreationally legal in 2 states, decriminalized in 15, and medically legal in 20, plus DC.
    Supply Side Jesusnomosist

  33. #183
    Team 9.8
    Reputation: Yurik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    93
    This is the result of riding in Colorado with the legalization, the fumes alone were too much for me, soon the whole state may collapse....

    Last edited by Yurik; 03-19-2014 at 09:14 AM.

  34. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Nope. But Phil Lesh is a personal friend; I moved his pianos for him.
    That's cool. I loved Phil's book, Searching for the Sound. I'll never forget the part where he describes the first time he heard Jerry playing a banjo. I liked this part so much, I wrote it down in my notebook of things I like:

    His banjo playing was a revelation to me -- since I hadn't heard any bluegrass, my idea of the banjo was pretty much strummity-strum, there was Jerry, playing the most exhilarating stream of runs up and down the fret board, popping the notes out like tiny rivets, all at amazing speed and with crystalline clarity. He would walk around the Chateau in the afternoon playing the most astonishing **** -- and he never seemed to repeat himself.

    I love that description, "popping the notes out like tiny rivets." That's the part that really stuck with me.

    Perhaps this was a little off topic, but then again, listening to the Dead is another good 420 activity. So there's that.


    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    Plus, he's just wrong too. It's recreationally legal in 2 states, decriminalized in 15, and medically legal in 20, plus DC.
    There needs to be a :goldstar: smiley.

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by elongate View Post
    No one I ride with smokes and I prefer it that way. I would definitely have a couple words for someone that asks me to stop a ride to get a couple tokes in. And that's a fairly young person's opinion.
    Spoken like a true triathlete.

  36. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    46
    I just read this whole thread, wow, I say burn it if you got it, when I got back into riding, I would burn it down before every ride, mainly because I was so stoked to ride, now i'm training for some upcoming races and don't need the stuff going into my lungs. Strong 8.0 IPA vs a few tokes, IPA WAY worse for your sketchy sections, not even close, those who burn it down are usually regulars who can handle it, if you haven't toked in years, I don't recommend doing it on a ride, haha. your body feeling good, great scenery, great friends, a little herb, sounds like a good day, always be respectful of passerby's, don't flaunt it, be discrete, always encourage kiddos to never mess with the stuff i say. As for mr Utah drug enforcement dude, wow, your a giant douche. if you smoke, fine, if you don't fine, just don't push your stuff on others and don't be a smug, uppity douche wad.

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3

    No worries bro...

    I grew up ridding in Sonoma and Marin County California, you could find someone to burn one with anywhere. Most people don't offer an illegal substance to strangers thought. It usually takes a while before you pop the "Burn one?" question. Having said that, I have walked into a house of a guy I met at a bike shop who was big into the local race scene and there were about ten riders getting ready to ride from Santa Rosa out to the Geysers and back. I walked in and was handed a banana and bong hits sprinkled with hash. You could tell there was a moment of apprehension in the group but when I didn't turn my nose up and call them dirty stoners they relaxed and everything was cool. There were some that didn't smoke while ridding and some that didn't smoke at all. Nobody cared.
    I will say this to the individuals who haven't smoked and have passed judgment on those that do. I was one of the fastest desenders on a mtn bike or a rd bike and i was always stoned back then. When you are stoned you are actually more in control of what is going on inside you. You can ignore the pain on a climb and you can turn of the fear that makes you go dead stick in a sketchy situation. Pot doesn't slow down your reflexes like alcohol does. It shuts down all the unnecessary brain noise and helps you to enjoy the ride. I have had a few close calls do to spacing out while pondering matters of the universe though.

  38. #188
    Loser
    Reputation: Jisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,532
    I have no studies backing this up, but from my observations I feel that long term use lowers your mental acuity. I have several friends who are regular users, and over time they have become less sharp, they seem to be a step behind in conversations, even when not under the influence. Not a big deal I guess (their choice), but I prefer to keep my mind sharp.

  39. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Its still illegal in 48 states. I work for the state of Utah's Counter Drug Program. You won't get a pass lighting up around me while mountain biking.
    What a douche.

  40. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,636
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Consumables unchain the lungs.

    Reducing your body's ability to process oxygen by sucking smoke into your lungs preride is not going to help you climb hills.

    Not to say i haven't done it.... But i have no illusions about what it does to me.
    Usually if someone says longuphill coming up irs synonymous with a smoke break. I go back and forth betwenn blitzed rides buzzed rides and dead sober rides all are fun. To each their own, just dont harsh my mello

  41. #191
    Retro on Steroids
    Reputation: Repack Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,866
    There is probably a connection between the reason you ride and whether you smoke. People either ride for fun, or they ride to train. The more you do of one, the less you do of the other.

    When I started doing this in the '70s on modified clunkers, a Frisbee in a backpack had two uses. When you got to the top of a hill you used it for a rolling tray, and then you could throw it also.

    We played on top of hills, and my friend had a retriever dog who would go and get any errant throws that went a quarter mile down the slope.

    The purpose of those rides was fun. There were no athletic "goals." We weren't training for anything. And we created a sport. Perhaps you have heard of it.

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    This is a bar clock that's been in my family for about 50 years. The numbers are reversed and the hands move counter-clockwise. After a long, 20 year hibernation, I got it and it still worked. I went to set the time, but the setting mechanism broke at this spot and hasn't moved since. It's hanging in my shop.
    Last edited by Rat Face; 03-20-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: nunya

  43. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    There is probably a connection between the reason you ride and whether you smoke. People either ride for fun, or they ride to train. The more you do of one, the less you do of the other.
    Well said.

    It pleases me to see this thread still going. We need more civilized discussion about this topic. The States are going green, one by one. A little education and understanding is necessary to make this work. Cannabis isn't the evil life destroyer some like to think it is, nor is it a completely harmless substance to be abused with wanton carelessness.

    Calling someone who doesn't agree a d-bag or any other name isn't helpful to this discussion. All you're doing is reinforcing his existing notions of cannabis users.

  44. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    36
    mother nature is a good thing.

  45. #195
    occ member
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,979
    Went to check one of my local trail's facebook page;it has 420 likes !!:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  46. #196
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    265
    Yo Zgroove! I maybe one of the guys that used to toke with you back in the 90s. It is funny that everyone became are so into beer now and herb is not even discussed. MTB is now so mainstream that we all have to be "PC" about herb! What the hell, lets get together and ride like the old days! BYOJ! then we'll have a smoky group ride. I'm sure we'll be surprised how many people show up. Then we all could watch an MTB film and toke some more. Are you up to it?

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Well said.

    It pleases me to see this thread still going. We need more civilized discussion about this topic. The States are going green, one by one. A little education and understanding is necessary to make this work. Cannabis isn't the evil life destroyer some like to think it is, nor is it a completely harmless substance to be abused with wanton carelessness.

    Calling someone who doesn't agree a d-bag or any other name isn't helpful to this discussion. All you're doing is reinforcing his existing notions of cannabis users.
    We're calling mr ATF, government goon a douche because he's basically saying if he see's somebody burning it down on the trail, he's going to arrest them or something. I have something for dan-O, in 2007 i suffered a MX injury, complete tib/fib, I still have a ti rod in my tib, and fib is plated/screwed. I have a card and it's legit. cannabis definitely eases the aches I get. Rubs, and edibles/pills are most effective, but smoking it works too, I felt it was a natural alternative to harsh synthetic pharmaceuticals that have addiction/other side effects of their own. Cannabis is a herb that has many benefits for well being, and like any other med, it can be abused. For me, it has the effect of not only dulling the actual pain i experience, but it makes me mentally "forget" the pain is actually occurring, thereby easing the pain, edibles are good but make me want to eat everything in sight. My brother is a real police/swat, and i'll tell you right now, he does not burn, but if he sees you doing it on the trail and not bothering anybody he would not give two shits about it. Johnny Utah is the type of guy who will kick doors down to confiscate guns. IMO he probably is in most need of a freshy green bowl, dude needs to relax.

  48. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Face View Post
    This is a bar clock that's been in my family for about 50 years. The numbers are reversed and the hands move counter-clockwise. After a long, 20 year hibernation, I got it and it still worked. I went to set the time, but the setting mechanism broke at this spot and hasn't moved since. It's hanging in my shop.
    That thing must have confused a lot of drunk people in its day.

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyMTBer View Post
    Yo Zgroove! I maybe one of the guys that used to toke with you back in the 90s. It is funny that everyone became are so into beer now and herb is not even discussed. MTB is now so mainstream that we all have to be "PC" about herb! What the hell, lets get together and ride like the old days! BYOJ! then we'll have a smoky group ride. I'm sure we'll be surprised how many people show up. Then we all could watch an MTB film and toke some more. Are you up to it?
    Hell, 4/20 lands on a Sunday and I imagine most of the people that are pro-smoking will be riding that day anyway! Let's make it happen cap'n!

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    265
    Lets do this! Lets start with a location check! I live in the SF Bay Area. I haven't ridden stoned in a while. So lets do something "NOT TOO GNARLY". Maybe China Camp or if you guys wanna be nostalgic, we could ride up Mt. Tam. Also, you don't have to smoke to join.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Mountain biking is > than road biking.
    By Kiwi_GR_Biker in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM
  2. Winter mountain biking, not fat biking, on front range?
    By Training-Wheels in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM
  3. GA Fort Yargo Mountain Biking State Park Raise Prices [Targeting Mountain Biker ONLY]
    By thevincentlee in forum Southeast/Midsouth - GA, TN, AL, FL, MS, LA, AR
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 06:27 PM
  4. On Mountain Biking and Mountain Bikes
    By LeeL in forum Passion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM
  5. Mountain climbing and mountain biking
    By M-80 Rider in forum Passion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •