Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post
    Its not baffling. Just look at the big dollars of interests at stake.

Billions of dollars in drugs, Billions in medical coverage, billions in insurance, alcohol and tobacco industry interests, the logging, paper and consumables industry the whole judicial infrastructure is built on busting minor pot dealers, all the black ops money, DEA drug smuggling money, the recycling farce.

The list goes on and on.

All that money is at stake because a simple little weed, that can grow in nearly any condition anywhere in the world, that has more unique strains than any other plant in the world. All you need is a seed, and alittle water and sunlight and you solve tons of humanities problems. Noone makes money off of that..
    If I could pos rep you again, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If you "smoke" it, of course it damages your health. Inhaling smoke into your lungs, of any kind, is not good.
    I had an uncle smoke pot his entire life. He died of COPD. He never smoked a cigarette. COPD is a nasty way to die. You basically suffocate. To each his own, but I don't smoke it because of what it does to your lungs. (I did when I was a teen, but that was years ago).
    There are such better ways to ingest it than to smoke it, though. If you don't smoke it, but use a smarter method, it's unlikely to cause any negative health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    Yes they do make money and they make plenty of it. Don't delude yourself, marijuana legalization is not the Utopia some would like us to believe.
    I don't think anyone is saying legalization will result in a Utopia. It's a psychoactive substance. It should be approached with caution and education. It can provide many benefits, but there is still certainly another side to that coin. Everyone reacts to it in their own way, and for many, it's not favorable. It's still ridiculous that it's illegal, though. FWIW, I also think other substances such as LSD, mushrooms, and ecstasy should at least be studied more for their potential therapeutic benefits. I'm not saying those should be fully legal for anyone, but I think they merit more consideration for use in the treatment of various mental health ailments.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    As a Libertarian I support the full legalization of all drugs.

On the other hand I don't get the desire to smoke while mountain biking. I guess I'd be perplexed if I was on a group ride and we had to stop every ten miles so people could pull out a pack of Kools and smoke a couple. I realize that tobacco doesn't have the same coolness as marijuana but other than the effects, what's the real difference?

But then again I know people who drink beer after or during a ride and they seem to do alright. I think I'd throw up if I did the same.

Just an overlap of subcultures I guess. I'm probably fortunate to live in Louisiana where mountain biking is fairly uncommon and there are not enough riders to form the critical mass necessary to ignite a subculture.

Plenty of people here "ignite," however.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    You mean the "Ganjala?"

I can't believe no one has mentioned vaporizing yet. You are ALL behind the times. Smoking is so smokey. Gross. Smoking makes me all hazy and dumb, but I can vape or eat a small medicinal hard candy and function well. Take care of your lungs. Edibles, vaping, or tinctures are the way to go.

Anyone who looks down at responsible cannabis use, but continues to condone alcohol use is either terribly uninformed or a hypocrite. Alcohol a far worse threat than cannabis.
    "Deep thought" you are right on point and I'm gonna give you some rep just for using the "Buddy Jesus" as your picture on the forum! Classic!

Front Range, Colorado
    I'm looking forward to some free time to actually read through this whole thread. Every post I read was the opposite of the one before it. Some don't get the whole toking while riding and some are all for it. Me well I don't have a problem with anyone doing what they enjoy doing. I've been there done that although as stated life moves forward and I like to stay employed so I don't indulge. Nothing wrong IMO of anyone else doing it on the trail whether with my group or not it doesn't bother me. As long as your respectful of any children around what's the big deal. Who gives a
    (Y) <<< Rats ass what others are doing.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4em8_iu-Tw
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBMILES View Post
    There are a lot of cases of lung cancer in this country and they aren't smokers of anything.
    You're right. But I never mentioned lung cancer.

mtbr member
    We here, in General Discussion, will only accept articles published by reputable peer review journals.

Good day sir,

Thank you for your time.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuropoda View Post
    As a Libertarian I support the full legalization of all drugs
    I don't quite know how I feel about "full legalization of all drugs," but the decriminalization of all drugs in Portugal seems to have had a positive effect. I don't think it would ever be a good thing for highly addictive substances like meth or heroin to be legal, but those arrested for personal amounts shouldn't be treated as criminals, but as patients. This should be a health issue, not a criminal one.

Big difference between legalization and decriminalization.

Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    "Deep thought" you are right on point and I'm gonna give you some rep just for using the "Buddy Jesus" as your picture on the forum! Classic!
    I'm too friendly and have apparently given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. Good vibes and karma and sh!t coming your way, though. I promise, buddy.

Oh, and it's the "Buddy Christ," man! Tighten up!

sympathy for society
    Be aware of your tolerance, be responsible, be respectful of others who don't, and enjoy your ride.. Ohh and as another mentioned, keep it on the DL to avoid issue. It's simple really.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    I have friends that do and friends that dont. I personally dont but I dont mind drinking a fine brew on the trail once in awhile.
    13 Banshee Rune, Pushed Fox 36Float RC2, I9 Blunt35's

T1 barcode, pitchfork's, Hazard light's and profile's

mtbr member
    I guess that could be called , "TrailBlazing". I myself wouldnt, Id rather suck down a Monster BFC and then go nuts out there!

mtbr member
    I used to blaze trails all the time back in the day. I've only had the opportunity a few times as of late, mainly because I've only been asked a few times and I never have any. Good times. What I have found for me is that it increases my sense of awareness and intense concentration, and laughs. I does decrease my need for speed though.
    I had a beer once in the middle of a ride with a group of new found friends. Rode faster then ever but washed out on a downhill and broke a couple ribs. Last time I do that. All's game after a ride.
    Help, I'm a rock!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    I like to smoke, but not when I ride. It makes me feel weak on the climbs and really timid on the downhills. I know plenty who can rip both up and down on the weed, though.

While at home watching a movie with the wife and eating a good meal, now that's a fine time.

I don't drink though, so to each their own.
    I've ridden with guys who go rip up and down Palomar Mountain on literbikes after toking up. You mountain bikers are a bunch of pussies.

I don't smoke though so what do I know.

mtbr member

a fluffer

In moderation, hell yeah.
    Sometimes just one toke greatly enhances the flow.

And some trails are just made for a puff:

mtbr member
    I reckon there was plenty of tokin' during those early days of mountain biking in northern California. In that sense, the two activities go together.

mtbr member
    Not much has changed here in WA State, IMO. I live in the only county that has decided to maintain a ban on herb businesses though. If anything, the price has dropped. As for smoking on the trails. Best to know how it affects you before partaking. Also depends on what variety you've got packed, as some will heighten senses and others will slow you down, or leave you digging through the backpack for trail snacks.

I don't think you'll see clueless kids out trying to get wasted on mtb's. Its probably more like responsible adults who enjoy the herb and know how to maintain.

To each his own and respect everybody!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Oh, the stories I could tell of night rides, beer and grass.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

FKA Malibu412
    Where's Repack? I'm surprised he hasn't been by to let us know how he invented the act of mountain biking while blazing, simultaneously like.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    references please?
    if you need references to know that alcohol impairs motor skills more than pot, you are one of the ignorant ones

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    references please?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfruits
    if you need references to know that alcohol impairs motor skills more than pot, you are one of the ignorant ones
    if you inferred that to be anything other than a request that the studies claimed to be in existence be provided for examination, your reading comprehension skills are atrocious.

snarking aside, thanks to our abysmal public education system you're probably not the only one to draw such a vacuous inference so i'll elaborate.

there was a specific reason to ask for the studies. of course one was to see if they were peer-reviewed or merely "favorable" statistics cherry-picked and compiled by those with pro-spliff agenda and then coined as a "study".

because there are many variables that must be considered in drawing such a conclusion another was to examine how the studies were conducted. including, but not limited to, the control groups, the dosing parameters/criteria, the parameters of measuring effect, methodology of measuring impairment, comparative physiology/etiology of impairment and resulting attributes/deficits, comparative half-life and resulting effects, implications of chronic use, and of course the ultimate methodology of reaching a conclusion.

fact is, i haven't made a comment either way on the topic - though i will admit that in my 20's i smogged out before, during, and after riding (9th street dirt jumps, urban bmx, mtb) and more often than not had margarita or cape cod in my water bottles.

also ran the capitol 10k one year with a time of under 45 min. this after being up for a couple days doing coke and smoking 3 newports and drinking 2 shiner bocks during the run. while everyone else was stretching and limbering up at the starting line i sat around doing pipe hits and swilling bloody marys.

although while in the moment i thought i was having the best time ever, it does bear mentioning it was a conclusion drawn after ingesting substances which impair judgment, cognition, and perception....
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

ignoramonancy!

Consumables unchain the lungs. win/win.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Cyclocross. Handups. That is all.
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

mtbr member
    Name:  46926060.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  88.1 KB

mtbr member
    I had a short, but enthusiastic chuckle at that, Moe. Strong work, buddy.

mtbr member
    Being good at memes... It's my cross to carry.

mtbr member
    Them thar be some fancy two stepin words you got thar...can't understand a lick of it...damn edumaction types...ahhh damnIT..bong water on the carpet AGAIN...HONEY..get the damn shop vac again...and some of dat smelly air spray stuff...DAG NAb it
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast