Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zgroove View Post
    I appreciate all the intuitive responses to this topic. Props to all the Colorado and Washington riders that have commented on this forum. From my years of riding experience it seems that a greater percentage of riders can function normally while smoking weed rather than pounding a few beers. Depending on your tolerances, you may agree or disagree. Anyone feel the same way regarding either? Or even both? Or doing both at the same time while riding as well?
    Alcohol most definitely impairs motor and cognitive skills to a far greater extent than pot does. I'm pretty sure there is enough empirical evidence via statistics and studies that prove this.

I find it funny that recently the "hip" thing now is craft beers, so now people are enjoying those and its far more socially acceptable in the MTBR forum world.

The crew I ride with generally will have some fun out on the trail, but no one is out there to get shitfaced and thrash out.

I'm really surprised that CO and WA there it isn't more commonplace to see people smoking in public. When I went to Toronto 10 or so years back, it was nothing to walk down Yonge St blazing up, and to see others doing the same.

If your a perceptive person, you can generally spot tokers around any big event.
    People smoking pot are generally gonna just sit back and off the beaten path minding their own business, whereas the drunks are falling all over the place, and generally making a scene.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfruits View Post
    no one i ride with will pass on a hit. ive never offered it to any strangers, too many ignornant people out there.
    before calling people "ignorant" you might wanna learn how to spell it first.

talk about irony...
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post
    Alcohol most definitely impairs motor and cognitive skills to a far greater extent than pot does. I'm pretty sure there is enough empirical evidence via statistics and studies that prove this.
    references please?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    references please?

Until very recently, it was mostly impossible to get funding for marijuana research, or even non-psychoactive hemp research. As a result, there is a lack of available data.

I can anecdotally say that cops, for the most part, just don't care about weed anymore, outside of TX, FL, and OK of course. Having a visible half smoked bowl in your car is apt to be overlooked, while a half consumed beer will get a person hauled off in cuffs.
    www.seanhannity.com <=not what you think it is.

Homeopathy is the Air Guitar of Medicine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Someone mentioned not wanting to mix drops, trees, and rocks with a paranoidal attack. That sounds about right, especially for me. Hah. But to each there own, won't catch a scowl from me.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    references please?
    Quote Originally Posted by steveohio
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    Until very recently, it was mostly impossible to get funding for marijuana research, or even non-psychoactive hemp research. As a result, there is a lack of available data.
    fify juan.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post

I can anecdotally say that cops, for the most part, just don't care about weed anymore, outside of TX, FL, and OK of course. Having a visible half smoked bowl in your car is apt to be overlooked, while a half consumed beer will get a person hauled off in cuffs.
    While it's true that public funding for research is difficult to obtain, there are still some privately funded studies. However, private corporations will not divulge any data they are not required by law to do so unless it's to their benefit, but I think there is some data carried out by the US govt. It just needs to be looked at objectively and further studies to verify or disprove the data need to be unhindered.
    I'm surprised to read that a half smoked pipe would be overlooked by a cop during a traffic stop. Possibly not caring about enforcement for a small amount is one thing, overlooking a clear indication of impairment while behind the wheel is a little unnerving.
    Also Mono, while I have read and believe your comments in the PSH thread, can we please play nice? As indicated in the aforementioned thread, you'll lose ears and do no good unless the message is conveyed in a thoughtful way.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pizon View Post
    Me n my friends smoke while riding, then again we are kinda stoners. Nothing beats a quick bowl on lift.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk
    You mean the "Ganjala?"

I can't believe no one has mentioned vaporizing yet. You are ALL behind the times. Smoking is so smokey. Gross. Smoking makes me all hazy and dumb, but I can vape or eat a small medicinal hard candy and function well. Take care of your lungs. Edibles, vaping, or tinctures are the way to go.

Anyone who looks down at responsible cannabis use, but continues to condone alcohol use is either terribly uninformed or a hypocrite. Alcohol a far worse threat than cannabis.

Diggity Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post

Also, to the guy who eats edibles before riding... Not sure how you have survived this long.
    How so?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    Let's Ride! As long as it's First Gen Sabbath!! Never been on a "Night Ride" with my bike...I should buy a light just incase! LOL
    I was referring to a specific ride where I was listening to Sabotage and it was on "The Thrill of it All." It was so awesome I almost cried. I generally listen to Master of Reality thru Sabotage. I have never even listened to an entire Dio Sabbath album. And night riding is the greatest thing ever you should do it (not really but it's great. No more scheduling rides around the sun and it's a different experience and world out there at night)

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moefosho View Post
    Personally, I think both are better enjoyed after a nice long ride than before it. I usually keep my usage of both to moderation or very low levels if during a ride or at the bottom before I shuttle back up for another run.

Also, to the guy who eats edibles before riding... Not sure how you have survived this long.
    I have always had a high tolerance for edibles. I never used to bother with them because I considered it a waste. Even now they don't seem to do much unless I'm on the bike. Funny thing is my only source of edibles is my riding buddy and we joke how when he gives them to me its going to be a tough ride for him.

mtbr member
    I can't click on those right now, but it seems they're mostly related to driving. I'm speaking more in terms of how each substance affects the user's health in general. Alcohol is a poison. It wreaks more havoc on the human body than cannabis.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    Also Mono, while I have read and believe your comments in the PSH thread, can we please play nice? As indicated in the aforementioned thread, you'll lose ears and do no good unless the message is conveyed in a thoughtful way.
    step off, bro. everyone's playing nice, so quit trying to create drama where there is none.

mtbr member
    Sorry bout your toes, hoping for civil discourse since I know you have experience based on earlier comments. That's all I wanted to say.
    No fuss with the MUSS

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    I can't click on those right now, but it seems they're mostly related to driving. I'm speaking more in terms of how each substance affects the user's health in general. Alcohol is a poison. It wreaks more havoc on the human body than cannabis.
    Yes, as far as health consequences alcohol is multiple times worse.
    Infact, I've yet to see any statistical evidence that pot in any way effects your health negatively, and there are in fact many things found out about it more recently to show that it positively effects your health, and many health conditions.

mtbr member
    Infact, I've yet to see any statistical evidence that pot in any way effects your health negatively, and there are in fact many things found out about it more recently to show that it positively effects your health, and many health conditions.
    It's baffling to me how such a damaging substance is blatantly promoted in our society while cannabis remains classified as a Schedule I narcotic. Fortunately, the tide is turning and new **** is coming to light, man.

mtbr member
    The More people that smoke the herb, the more Babylon Fall! - "Bob Marley"
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Its not baffling. Just look at the big dollars of interests at stake.

Billions of dollars in drugs, Billions in medical coverage, billions in insurance, alcohol and tobacco industry interests, the logging, paper and consumables industry the whole judicial infrastructure is built on busting minor pot dealers, all the black ops money, DEA drug smuggling money, the recycling farce.

The list goes on and on.

All that money is at stake because a simple little weed, that can grow in nearly any condition anywhere in the world, that has more unique strains than any other plant in the world. All you need is a seed, and alittle water and sunlight and you solve tons of humanities problems. Noone makes money off of that..

mtbr member
    If you "smoke" it, of course it damages your health. Inhaling smoke into your lungs, of any kind, is not good.
    I had an uncle smoke pot his entire life. He died of COPD. He never smoked a cigarette. COPD is a nasty way to die. You basically suffocate. To each his own, but I don't smoke it because of what it does to your lungs. (I did when I was a teen, but that was years ago).

AZ
    banned
    Noone makes money off of that..

Yes they do make money and they make plenty of it. Don't delude yourself, marijuana legalization is not the Utopia some would like us to believe.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    No, but its pouring MILLIONS already into Colorado schools.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    Yes they do make money and they make plenty of it. Don't delude yourself, marijuana legalization is not the Utopia some would like us to believe.
    I think you misread what I wrote.

Noone makes money off of a_randomguy_0197225 who can very easily plant a seed and grows his own. However all the big interests and lobbies I listed above, are multi billion if not trillion dollar industries if combined together, they have the funds to fight the legalization of it, which has been going on close to 80 years now.

I could really care less about the legalization movement, it doesn't really effect me.

Nor do I think it creates some sort of utopia and going the other way, it doesn't turn everyone into a bunch of lazy disinterested Dorito eating people that commit crimes.

and johnb, your uncles condition was due to the inhalation of smoke, not the consumption of weed or its active ingredient. The smoke itself is multitudes more dangerous and harmful than the pot itself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

420 and Mountain Biking

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    If you "smoke" it, of course it damages your health. Inhaling smoke into your lungs, of any kind, is not good.
    I had an uncle smoke pot his entire life. He died of COPD. He never smoked a cigarette. COPD is a nasty way to die. You basically suffocate. To each his own, but I don't smoke it because of what it does to your lungs. (I did when I was a teen, but that was years ago).
    There are a lot of cases of lung cancer in this country and they aren't smokers of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    a simple little weed, that can grow in nearly any condition anywhere in the world, that has more unique strains than any other plant in the world. All you need is a seed, and alittle water and sunlight and you solve tons of humanities problems. Noone makes money off of that..
    There's nothing simple about it. Grow operations, whether indoor or outdoor require inputs, management, security, etc. all of which cost money. It's doubtful there are more strains than some other agricultural crops (though many may be used for research purposes rather than commercial interests), flower breeding is also quite extensive and the industry makes plenty of moola, and there are other plants used for research (arabidopsis thaliana for instance) that have stock centers containing seed with insertions/mutations in every gene. Most propagation is also from cuttings used to generate clones and not from seed. The projected tax revenue for Colorado is expected to be quite large so some people are definitely making some income. Asking a little plant to solve tons of cultural and societal problems is a little naive I think. There will still be a need for the pharmaceutical industry, medical, insurance, police, armed forces and govt.
    I do have to ask for more clarification, what is the recycling farce? Are you referring to the infrastructure and methodology of recycling plastics?
    No fuss with the MUSS

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast