Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    That Unicycle Guy
    Oct 2008
    So... anyone read the numbers on the side of the tire for a BSD yet?

If I get a chance to buy one of these things I will gladly buy one.
    Last edited by ericpulvermacher; 06-16-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ericpulvermacher View Post
    So... anyone read the numbers on the side of the tire for a BSD yet?

If I get a chance to buy one of these things I will gladly buy one.

Yeah that would be great, maybe get this thread back on track.

Titanium junkie
    Sorry to most, got to say it, some of you
    have gone way south of the original topic.
    May I make a suggestion, take it elsewhere or get off this thread!
    Nobody gives a rat's ass about your personal views other than the bike in question.
    And for the one's ashamed of the "Wealth in America" I earned mine, so piss off, I love my Country,
    who many died for, and many worked hard for to be able to reap the benefits of living here.
    I will not apologize for being an American, nor will I feel lucky that I am where I am in life.
    I worked my azz off.

Now, back to the bike in question......
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudviking View Post
    Nobody gives a rat's ass about your personal views other than the bike in question.
    And for the one's ashamed of the "Wealth in America" I earned mine, so piss off, I love my Country,
    who many died for, and many worked hard for to be able to reap the benefits of living here.
    I will not apologize for being an American, nor will I feel lucky that I am where I am in life.
    I worked my azz off.

You guys are all a bunch of azzholes for getting off topic, and now that I've made my point I'm going to go off topic

Titanium junkie
    Did I imply my rant was planned out, opps.
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Saw this at a classic car museum i was at today. Not sure of the exact wheel size, but they looked to be at least 32....

General shot of the others:

Titanium junkie
    Wow, those are nice, back when color was in.
    You're a Tailgunner

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
    Saw this at a classic car museum i was at today. Not sure of the exact wheel size, but they looked to be at least 32....

General shot of the others:
    That is a Coker Monster cruiser 36er they make a red one also...
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

MR. 36er TROLL

I'm sorry what part of "BIGLY" didn't you understand?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I worked my azz off.

Who was ashamed of America?

Keep pedaling
    kerryp, cool pictures, thanks. That's a Coker Monster Cruiser with 36 inch wheels.

monster-crusier

Quote Originally Posted by kerryp View Post

mtbr member
    I worked my azz off.

Who said you had to be ashamed to have wealth?

word has it you are a money grubbing coal hoarding baron who forces others to ride big wheel bikes with no real practicality though

mtbr member
    Thanks. Yep thats it. I couldnt remember the name. Thought i had taken a pic but hadnt. Those were some big wheels!

better than I deserve
    None of these at my local Wally Mart.Sorry,a bit off topic am I?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just got back from a sunset ride. Raced a fixie kid on the way back and beat him.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I just got back from a sunset ride. Raced a fixie kid on the way back and beat him.
    LOL, I got a yin for that yang. Which btw has nothing to do with 32" bike

Last summer was out riding my road bike feeling fast as sh@t. Cruised by some overweight guy who I'd guess was also older than I. I wasn't racing, just doing my thing, but I guess he didn't like being passed so it took him a while but he caught up and it was obvious he picked up his pace, and also obvious he wanted to let me know that he was faster. I was happy to trail close behind for a few miles but then when I went to pass he moved over and forced me over into oncoming so I had no choice but to slow down and get behind again or crash into him or the 2 women coming towards me. I thought, what a d@ck, what a sore looser, but than to his credit I just could not pass again and slowly watched him pull away. Now in my defense I was close to the end of my ride for the day and had pushed hard for 25+ miles already. And for all I know he had just finished warming up , but I felt I'd gotten a good dose of humble either way.
    Last edited by theMeat; 06-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Now that might be a good use for the 32"......Cat 6 racing!
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Saw this guy at Bike Party last night. All yor big whill belon to uz.

You don't see this sh|t in da pilipeens.

Haha that's my cousin's boyfriend. She posted a pic the other day and all I could say was Damn!! That's a fatbike!!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    o_0

Custom User Title
    How many gears does this thing have on it? Or is it a single speed? Im trying to convince one of my friends to buy it, since he loves cheap Walmart bikes for some reason...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Atcher View Post
    How many gears does this thing have on it? Or is it a single speed? Im trying to convince one of my friends to buy it, since he loves cheap Walmart bikes for some reason...
    A single speed. Get him to buy it and report back.

Custom User Title
    Na. I think that just turned him off of it completely. If it doesn't have forty gears and full suspension he doesn't want it.

Maybe if my Walmart has it, I might buy it this weekend with my next paycheck. I can wait another week or two on getting my stereo replaced in my car. Maybe.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by borborpa View Post
    Haha that's my cousin's boyfriend. She posted a pic the other day and all I could say was Damn!! That's a fatbike!!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I'd like to see him go over a massive rock and see how much RR those tires have lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Atcher View Post
    Na. I think that just turned him off of it completely. If it doesn't have forty gears and full suspension he doesn't want it.

Maybe if my Walmart has it, I might buy it this weekend with my next paycheck. I can wait another week or two on getting my stereo replaced in my car. Maybe.
    Too bad because the lack of gears and extra junk still make this one of Walmart's better bikes no doubt.

mtbr member
    Just checked the Marquette, Michigan store. No joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Typos and terseness are to be expected.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ok, sorry to be getting medieavally preachy on y'all.

The unfortunate thing about Wally World (bikes and other crap) is that what some folks see in some places may or may not be available everywhere else. My local WM carries a Mongoose-labelled bike in kind of a board-track style...700c diamond-frame cruiser with a cruiser handlebar upside down. Not a bad looking bike. They carry a beach cruiser in a couple of colors with 29-er wheels and street-tread fatties, about 2.25 (30-1/4" dia @ 40 PSI---I "borrowed" a tape measure and squeezed tested), but I did not see the 32"

None of these bikes seems to be visible on WM.com, so its hard to share what I'm seeing with folks here. But it also suggests that someone, somewhere, is on the lookout for rising trends. Now maybe its phat phreaks somewhere driving style trends, but even so, others will grab components and repurpose them. Pacenti sewed tires together to experiment with 650B, right? In the 30's and 40's car and motorcyle nuts built cars and bikes out of whatever they could find. The first lightweight all terrain vehicles used surplus aircraft tires with treads cut in them with a woodworking router.

So wally world may be contributing to the demise of the America we thought we knew, but its helping recreate a new one, too. A world with 32" bike tires.

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    I wouldn't be too proud to cruise around the neighborhood on one of those with the kiddos.

Now my off topic piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Horrid company with unethical business practices which only cares about their bottom dollar and nothing else.
    Their products are garbage, and in the case of say bikes flat out dangerous.
    And of course this. Think about it, multi billion dollar company with the entire family being Billionares but they are so ignorant they encourage poor pay?

2010 Sweatshop Hall of Shame | International Labor Rights Forum
    Blurr how can you be so against walmart and their bikes when you have openly admitted to riding a "Next" brand bike. The last time I checked those are sold at walmart. Hypocrite much?

I agree, I have to say that I rode my POS next every decent day there was for five years

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    I wouldn't be too proud to cruise around the neighborhood on one of those with the kiddos.

Now my off topic piece.

Blurr how can you be so against walmart and their bikes when you have openly admitted to riding a "Next" brand bike. The last time I checked those are sold at walmart. Hypocrite much?
    It goes back to the Fraud argument I posted earlier, I like so many others was deceived into believing it was a bike capable of far more, even meeting those of the LBS.
    It obviously was not, nor is capable on any level except light trail/street use.
    Why on earth you find that hypocritical I have no Idea, I would assume help others from making the same mistake.

mtbr member
    Because, for one thing, if you preach that people shouldn't buy from said "horrid" company for whatever reason, yet you buy from that same said company, that makes you a hypocrite. Not saying you are, just stating the facts.
    Then talking about being misled as to the bikes capabilities, or anything else for that matter doesn't change anything, just the subject.
    Get it now.
    Last edited by theMeat; 06-17-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Round and round we go

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Because, for one thing, if you preach that people shouldn't buy from said "horrid" company for whatever reason, yet you buy from that same said company, that makes you a hypocrite. Not saying you are, just stating the facts.
    Then talking about being misled as to the bikes capabilities, or anything else for that matter doesn't change anything, just the subject.
    Get it now.
    ^^^^He beat me to it.

You obviously shop there yet you come on this thread advocating against it. Reminds me of when I had to meet with a nutritionist after I had a kidney removed. She walked into my hospital room with a huge McDonalds cup, was easily 100 lbs overweight and proceeded to tell me how to eat healthy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnoobadam View Post
    ^^^^He beat me to it.
    Not trying to be mean, and not trying to help you prove your point either. Merely an attempt to get Blurr to stop posting off topic bs as I hope you'll do the same. Now, at the risk of being called a hypocrite myself, I will stop posting off topic bs also..
    Round and round we go

banned
    Sep 2010
    On topic, anyone get a B.S.D. on one of these?

mtbr member
    Get it now.
    It is called getting educated later on, I like many Americans slowly have learned about the horrid business practices of said company.
    So a recap, I purchased my NEXT roughly 9 years ago at said store, you know, its not like yesterday

You know, kind of like when you are with some woman who later down the road you never would be with again cause well, you know better now.
    Or maybe you voted for someone that turned out to not be who you expected.

Seriously is it that difficult to understand people? lol

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    On topic, anyone get a B.S.D. on one of these?
    Hmm, big swinging d..., blue screen of death, no can't be, so what's bsd mean?
    Round and round we go

AZ
    banned
    Hmm, big swinging d..., blue screen of death, no can't be, so what's bsd mean?

Bead Seat Diameter.

mtbr member
    It is called getting educated later on, I like many Americans slowly have learned about the horrid business practices of said company.
    So a recap, I purchased my NEXT roughly 9 years ago at said store, you know, its not like yesterday

You know, kind of like when you are with some woman who later down the road you never would be with again cause well, you know better now.
    Or maybe you voted for someone that turned out to not be who you expected.

Seriously is it that difficult to understand people? lol
    Yup I get it now, voting for someone, being with a women, 32" bike. I see.

At the risk of getting bad repped I think you're cool, I like your input around here, most of the time, and do not wish to do battle with you or anyone else. Could we all just stop the bs and maybe share info a little more on topic now.

BTW, I'm gonna try to get into wally world tomorrow to take a look. I'd think twice, maybe thrice before i bought, but I must admit I'm curious, and I'll have my phone and a tape measure when I do get there.

Thanx AZ, I'll try and measure that too.
    Last edited by theMeat; 06-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Yup I get it now, voting for someone, being with a women, 32" bike. I see.

At the risk of getting bad repped I think you're cool, I like your input around here, most of the time, and do not wish to do battle with you or anyone else. Could we all just stop the bs and maybe share info a little more on topic now.

BTW, I'm gonna try to get into wally world tomorrow to take a look. I'd think twice, maybe thrice before i bought, but I must admit I'm curious, and I'll have my phone and a tape measure when I do get there.

Thanx AZ, I'll try and measure that too.
    thank you, you as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    yup

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I buy my ammo from WalMart.

mtbr member
    Well got over to wally world and no go. Sold out for now on both 32" bike in question and fixie I wanted to look at. I'll post again after mission is complete.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I buy my ammo from WalMart.
    Although I hate Walmart, they are good for ammo. According to another crazy thread around here we should be stocking up for the coming zombi war.

What does this bike cost? Sorry, I can't reread this thread to look.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The SS, 32" cruiser is $199.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by laherna View Post
    The SS, 32" cruiser is $199.
    Kinda pricey? Should be $129.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Kinda pricey? Should be $129.
    Yeah, you can get awesome Mongoose Deception for $239...

If I needed a town bike and didn't want to go up and down curbs, this thing would be sweet. And I'd buy my wife one of the Walmart.com bikes with the fully enclosed rear wheel, a la the Netherlands.

Rides like wrecking ball
    Well got over to wally world and no go. Sold out for now on both 32" bike in question and fixie I wanted to look at. I'll post again after mission is complete.
    No 32" here in WI either. They had the $99 Fixie, and the sweet black 29" SS cruiser for $149. I'd totally get rid of my beater cruiser for one of these Wally cruisers, but now I'm holding out for the "WTF-factor" of the 32" cruiser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    No 32" here in WI either. They had the $99 Fixie, and the sweet black 29" SS cruiser for $149. I'd totally get rid of my beater cruiser for one of these Wally cruisers, but now I'm holding out for the "WTF-factor" of the 32" cruiser.
    Now those are good prices! How bad was the fixie, did it have a flip flop hub?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Now those are good prices! How bad was the fixie, did it have a flip flop hub?

The fixies have garnered some less than glowing reviews from people that actually know stuff. There is a thread on RBR in the fixed forum that has some info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    The fixies have garnered some less than glowing reviews from people that actually know stuff. There is a thread on RBR in the fixed forum that has some info.
    Thanks for the warning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    They are awful. Welds look like somebody applied them with a butter knife. The entire thing is crap.

BUT! Like I said, there were a ton of kids riding them at http://www.sjbikeparty.org/ and they were all having a great time. To me, that's all that really matters in the end. Not everybody has the knowledge to shop on craigslist, find a sweet deal, negotiate a price, pick it up and then work on it. For some people, they don't know any better than to just go down to the local Wal and pick up a new bike for the purpose of cruising the streets of San Jose with 4000 of their friends, all on bikes: cheap ones, expensive ones, hand made ones and everything inbetween.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Too big.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    They are awful. Welds look like somebody applied them with a butter knife. The entire thing is crap.

BUT! Like I said, there were a ton of kids riding them at http://www.sjbikeparty.org/ and they were all having a great time. To me, that's all that really matters in the end. Not everybody has the knowledge to shop on craigslist, find a sweet deal, negotiate a price, pick it up and then work on it. For some people, they don't know any better than to just go down to the local Wal and pick up a new bike for the purpose of cruising the streets of San Jose with 4000 of their friends, all on bikes: cheap ones, expensive ones, hand made ones and everything inbetween.
    Cool event! It's nice to see them getting out of their cars in SJ for a change.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1