Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Great bike
    Last edited by Pauldotcom; 06-12-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    And I love how peeps gave me negative comments for not liking Walmart! LOL!! I forgot, opinions are not welcomed here.
    I think it's more like because you expressed your opinion something like a 13 year old. Wait, maybe you are 13.

Serious here, you call their stuff junk. On some items, I'd agree. However, how is an ipod or digital Nikon camera, a Michelin tire, or any other nationally recognized brand different at a Walmart from any other retailer? Is Walmart so big in their buying power that they can force LG to make a flat screen for 30% less and inferior components from the models they sell to other retailers? How is a bag of Scotts Turf Builder different from the bag I can buy at the local Ace hardware store?

I don't think it's as much about Walmart as it is about consumers wanting the least expensive whatever and Walmart is all too glad to step in and meet that demand. No wait, it is part of some conspiracy to send American jobs Asia-side, cheapify the US, and population control through bikes that explode on impact.

Oh, I love how every Walmart bike thread devolves into Walmart business practices/quality of merchandise/plumber's crack patrons hating and clueless bag checkers shredding. Now, back to our originally scheduled programming??? 32" bikes anyone?
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    I never said I hated foreign stuff; I simply stated that Walmart imports stuff when they orignally opened and said they were a USA made store. Maybe I said it wrong, sorry. Walmart destroyed the small independent store, but some of you are right, the consumers helped.

Quite frankly, it's pretty much impossible to not buy stuff overseas; lets be honest here.

Are you going to buy a USA built TV?

I dont like Walmart because it's all garbage plain and simple and it's not a pleasant shoping experiance.

BTW-- even if I bought a USA built frame where am I going to get components?

And I love how peeps gave me negative comments for not liking Walmart! LOL!! I forgot, opinions are not welcomed here.

Its a thread about a bike wheel size, no one really gives two fcuks about the economics, take it to your own thread thanks.

Beer Me!
    Whoa people, lets get back on topic.

Can't blame Walmart for trying to predict the next Fad wheel size.

Somewhere the Walmart big wigs are reading this exact thread and thinking:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Just think, all the people that are featured in the famous photos "People of Walmart" will be riding them!!!

WOOT!!!

mtbr member
    I don't think anyone here is seriously considering this a "good" bike or a replacement for anything other than an older Walmart bike.

A few us seem to be interested in it from the perspective that if someone is making rims and tires, then they may be willing to make a better rim and tire for real use. We called 30+ tire manufacturers to find one that was willing to do a "good" 36" mtb tire in small runs and have yet to find a rim manufacturer that will roll 36" rims AND drill them.

BTW, none of these here locally (to me) so couldn't look at any details today. Hopefully someone else can scout it out for us.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    So for those doubting if it was a true 32", I measured it and it is a solid 32"tire. 32 x 2.125 tire size to be exact. The seat tube is 1 1/8".

The only possible lead for tire manufacturer is it does have "excel" written on the sidewalls. The tread pattern is identical to what Huffy Cranbrooks and Next La Jollas use. So I would figure them to be the same manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Is anyone selling 32" wheels? Maybe just buy the bike for the rims and tires and throw the rest away. Build a custom frame, lace the rims to some good hubs and go ride..?

Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBuddy View Post
    How do you get tires or tubes for this monster?
    What makes you think the wheels will outlast the tires?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeardsl View Post
    ...snip... and have yet to find a rim manufacturer that will roll 36" rims AND drill them.

...snip....
    I am guessing you tried Velocity. They are based in the USA now.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

Rides like wrecking ball
    I was looking at 29" cruisers to replace my 26" ballon-tired old Ross Mt St Helens, but this is so much better! A longer seatpost, normal seat and more of an Alt bar would make this a blast for riding with the kid or on those days were I just want to putt around for fun. I'm sold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoMan View Post
    Is anyone selling 32" wheels? Maybe just buy the bike for the rims and tires and throw the rest away. Build a custom frame, lace the rims to some good hubs and go ride..?
    I bet those Wally world rims will holdup well too.

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoMan View Post
    Exactly!! 29er suspension corrected fork and a custom frame!,
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

Front Range, Colorado
    Man I get tired of these Wal Mart threads. This ones 5 pages long in a days time
    Are we really that short of topics to cover.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    Wow, available in 5 colours too!
    I just realised this is a Canadian website. I have nothing against my northern brothers, except,Holmes on Holmes.Man that guy is a ******.

Keep pedaling
    I don't care about Wal Mart, but the 32" bikes are interesting.

They have 48 spokes. That seems like a sensible way to add strength.

The bike doesn't have gear shifters or disk brakes, so maybe the remaining parts are acceptable quality.

Titanium junkie
    Well, we have gone from a 32" beach cruiser, sold for that intended purpose,
    to bashing Walmart, unfair business practices, political views, and a wonderful
    little dig on Christians. Why don't you all STFU and talk about the bike for what it
    is intended for, without having to exorcise your personal demons with your World views.
    Looks to me like it would make a good bike path ride.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i want one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitzikatzi View Post
    I am guessing you tried Velocity. They are based in the USA now.
    Multiple times. They can roll them but can't finish or drill them so I'd end up with a garage full of raw undrilled rims. They were nice about it at least

transmitter~receiver
    Multiple times. They can roll them but can't finish or drill them so I'd end up with a garage full of raw undrilled rims. They were nice about it at least
    drilling doesn't seem like that big an obstacle.
    i've redrilled fat rims without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    drilling doesn't seem like that big an obstacle.
    i've redrilled fat rims without issue.
    Nor is finishing (I'd have mine powdered a beautiful CK green), but doing 200 rims is no joke at all. I don't have the time, precision, or space for that undertaking. I am open to offers though

transmitter~receiver
    Nor is finishing (I'd have mine powdered a beautiful CK green), but doing 200 rims is no joke at all. I don't have the time, precision, or space for that undertaking. I am open to offers though
    ah... 200 is minimum?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Yep, paid in full through LBS, assuming near retail so the end product with labor etc becomes a bit much for most people. Although anyone with a 36er would probably be okay with it.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetySecond View Post
    i want one
    me too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Why the hatred towards Walmart?
    Horrid company with unethical business practices which only cares about their bottom dollar and nothing else.
    Their products are garbage, and in the case of say bikes flat out dangerous.
    And of course this. Think about it, multi billion dollar company with the entire family being Billionares but they are so ignorant they encourage poor pay?

2010 Sweatshop Hall of Shame | International Labor Rights Forum
    [/quote]

The neg rep, unsigned of course
    "This is a forum about biking. Let's keep it that way."

Uhm yea the safety and wear bicycles are manufactured does apply to bikes lol.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast