Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBuddy View Post
    How do you get tires or tubes for this monster?
    What do you mean spare tubes? This thing is meant to ride tubeless. I'm setting mine up ghetto tubeless with a 29" tube split down the middle. With the home brew (version WSS 1) I will be rolling smooth.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    Nah, I pretty much said my two centavos.
    Props

Now am I going to have to go to Walmart to get some real info on these things? I'm really only interested in the rims and tires... and that sweet chain guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    I didn't defend them, nor did I judge their business practices.
    Once again, STFU if you REALLY don't want to get into it. Something tells me that statement wasn't an honest one.
    I'll duck out if you are going to derail. Have at it.
    Nah, I pretty much said my two centavos.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'll be working tomorrow. I can get whatever info people are interested in then. Such a tire and rim info.

mtbr member
    Walmart is like herepes, they are not going away!

mtbr member
    That bike would be great for it's intended purpose, cruising the beach. You guys are talking about it like it's meant to replace your current rides. Did you happen to notice the cruiser handlebars, coaster brake and beach cruiser frame? Boardwalk speeds are usually under 5 mph so I don't really think slowing it down is going to be that big of an issue.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    If you had the purchasing power that wal-mart does, you could. You don't have to believe me. Do yourself a favor and do some research.
    {edit: I have made my non appreciation of that comment known on PM.}
    Last edited by Axe; 06-12-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Wow, available in 5 colours too!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Because it's the out sourcing giant of the USA. Too much "made in China" stuff there. Killed Mom & Pop's shops, eliminated lots and lots of American jobs...

mtbr member
    Great bike
    Last edited by Pauldotcom; 06-12-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member

All your bikes are made in Taiwan

If you hate foreign made items so much how come you have a list of bikes that are, at best, made in Taiwan. There are small US bike builders who could suppy your frames if you want to back them and spend the money.

PS: I also do not shop at Walmart becasue I hate the shopping experience there and I do make an attempt to buy US made products from small stores when possible.

AZ
    banned
    Info on wheels and tires please. Bead seat diameter would be most excellent. TIA.

mtbr member
    I would actually see more "wellness" in bringing 36ers into the Walmart. For 36ers there are more frames tyres, rims. They are more established if we even can call them "estalished". Walmart would make them more popular and create more chances of manufacturers coming up with better quality tyres and rims for 36ers.
    I love big wheel but right now another standard may make the market too much spread thin, just like it is now with 584mm rim/27,5ers/650b. Less AM tyres for 29ers are produced and even Maxxis minion was recalled for beta testing and perhaps replaced with smaller 27,5" version. This occurence is called cannibalizm. I do not want 36er trend to be partaged with 32ers right now. 32ers will be awesome but once that there is more equipment for 36ers. Like it or not. There is only a limited volume Taiwan can produce. It cannot make dozens of thousands of tyres in all twenty-like wheelsizes. The lesser the volume the higher the price tag.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    I would actually see more "wellness" in bringing 36ers into the Walmart. For 36ers there are more frames tyres, rims. They are more established if we even can call them "estalished". Walmart would make them more popular and create more chances of manufacturers coming up with better quality tyres and rims for 36ers.
    I love big wheel but right now another standard may make the market too much spread thin, just like it is now with 584mm rim/27,5ers/650b. Less AM tyres for 29ers are produced and even Maxxis minion was recalled for beta testing and perhaps replaced with smaller 27,5" version. This occurence is called cannibalizm. I do not want 36er trend to be partaged with 32ers right now. 32ers will be awesome but once that there is more equipment for 36ers. Like it or not. There is only a limited volume Taiwan can produce. It cannot make dozens of thousands of tyres in all twenty-like wheelsizes. The lesser the volume the higher the price tag.

32er is the kiss of death to your 36er dream.

tiny rider
    I expect someone will have a 32" mtb by the end of the year.

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer View Post
    I expect someone will have a 32" mtb by the end of the year.
    Maybe sooner this is probably my next build after my current 36er is done!!!
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

mtbr member
    Why not 32er? Cloxxki's idea.
    Why 29? Why not 32?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I want proof that it's actually a 32" wheel/tire. I don't trust the sticker. Someone take a pic of the tire itself, or measure it.
    Wouldn't it be cool if it were not really a 32er? I wonder if those wheels have any flex?

FKA Malibu412
    I do buy ammo from Walmart for my sidearms when I'm packin' on my city park rides. No mom and poppers around me that carry the stuff.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Beer Me!
    Someone PLEASE!!!!!!!! Buy one of these! $200 bucks is cheaper than a my freeking seat-post! To bad i blew every penny of my "husband play money" for the next decade or I would be all over this. Can you image the fun you could have on a POS beater clown bike like this on singletrack!

This needs trail testing by a mountain biker just for the grins and giggles.
    My Bike: FORM Cycles Titanium Prevail 29er

"Any wheel size is better than sitting at a computer all day." -Myself

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    I do buy ammo from Walmart for my sidearms when I'm packin' on my city park rides. No mom and poppers around me that carry the stuff.
    Tough parks in your hood ...

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    Never know when you'll have to get the drop on some jogger or the pissed off old lady with her dog off-leash.

Some of them little kids are hard.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Never know when you'll have to get the drop on some jogger or the pissed off old lady with her dog off-leash.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Looked on the W website...

...nothing! Buit I don't live near big water, so I can't see my local carrying cruisers. heck they still don't have the 29ers here!

tl1
    Bicyclist

Genesis?

They must be going after that Christian middle America crowd that only believes in the "eye for eye" Old Testament.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast