Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 373
  1. #51
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidcopperfield View Post
    I guess the Walmart will bring it to the masses and call it 750B! 650B is so much 2007. 750B does not need any hero like 650B does. I guess it is 29er zealots vengeance over many sorts of kiddy wheels' sizes



    Just like the good lord getting vengeance by giving you a kiddy sized brain.

  2. #52
    empty beer member
    Reputation: WrecklessREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBuddy View Post
    How do you get tires or tubes for this monster?
    Won't need any. They will get ridden around the block 4 times and listed on craigslist as "like new" in 4 years for $180

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    195
    chinese bikes

    the sign on the wheel says

    go big
    for 5'7" and up

    obivously they cannot sell very many of these in china because they are too short. so they have to bring this crap to usa to sell them.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    To think this is what got me to register and post here after a couple weeks of lurking.

    I do currently work part time as an assembler for Walmart (Don't shoot me, I only have 2 days left there). I built 2 of these just today. I will confirm that they are definitely a 32er. They make the 29ers look small. They're over 7' long and roll incredibly smooth.

    They are Walmart quality of course, which for town riding shouldn't be too bad for a casual rider. If I were in the market for a Cruiser I would be looking very hard at these. The seat actually doesn't even go high enough for my comfort level. I'm 6' 4" and another 1 - 1.5 inches on the tube would be nice.

    As for replacement parts, your guess is as good as mine. At my store we are ordering extra tubes at least, I don't know about tires.

  5. #55
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,497
    Largest ISO 5775 rim size is 642mm, is not it? That would be 30" with a wide tire..

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    I guess time will tell...
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    To think this is what got me to register and post here after a couple weeks of lurking.

    I do currently work part time as an assembler for Walmart (Don't shoot me, I only have 2 days left there). I built 2 of these just today. I will confirm that they are definitely a 32er. They make the 29ers look small. They're over 7' long and roll incredibly smooth.

    They are Walmart quality of course, which for town riding shouldn't be too bad for a casual rider. If I were in the market for a Cruiser I would be looking very hard at these. The seat actually doesn't even go high enough for my comfort level. I'm 6' 4" and another 1 - 1.5 inches on the tube would be nice.

    As for replacement parts, your guess is as good as mine. At my store we are ordering extra tubes at least, I don't know about tires.
    So you're the guy mounting forks backwards, lotsa laughs on that one.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by chugachjed View Post
    So you're the guy mounting forks backwards, lotsa laughs on that one.
    I only did that once!

    Myself and the other assembler build correctly. Unfortunately when were not there they throw anyone who can use a wrench (sometimes not even that qualified) back there to assemble. Then the next day, we get to rebuild all those bikes.

  9. #59
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,603
    So, THEY did it, not the citizens of the good ol US of A who want super cheap stuff enough to shoot themselves in the foot by supporting/patronizing these chains and giving them their money instead of going into the small Mom and Pop stores and paying more???

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Why the hatred towards Walmart?
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Because it's the out sourcing giant of the USA. Too much "made in China" stuff there. Killed Mom & Pop's shops, eliminated lots and lots of American jobs...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Davidcopperfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,713
    Do they have better tyres than 36ers have in after market?

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    And what's the price tag on such an incredible piece of machinery like this?
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    50
    I rode one around the store. It's pretty freakin' incredible how smooth that bike rolls. If my garage wasn't already full of bikes, I'd probably buy it.

  13. #63
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Largest ISO 5775 rim size is 642mm, is not it? That would be 30" with a wide tire..
    So what do 36" unis use?
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tripp88 View Post
    and what's the price tag on such an incredible piece of machinery like this?
    $199.99

  15. #65
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    So what do 36" unis use?
    Apparently a non ISO 5775 conforming rim.

    I do not know - they want money for the copy of the standard. And who needs standards anyway?

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mbeardsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    575
    36ers use a 787 ... for $130/each. So this bike is a bargain!

    Temujin - any idea if there is a brand marked on the tires and/or rims? I am VERY curious to see any detail of such a thing.

  17. #67
    Axe
    Axe is offline
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    They're a big fan of using a small supplier, and gradually increasing their purchasing from them (years) until they are the majority purchaser of a formerly small company. then they low ball the **** out of them after the company has expanded to feed Wal-Marts consumption and have far more overhead than they originally did.
    I wish I could do that to my vendors.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Hmmmm legit reason.
    Well, it's far too much to type but Wal Mart has some vicious business practices, and it's not all outsourcing.

    They're a big fan of using a small supplier, and gradually increasing their purchasing from them (years) until they are the majority purchaser of a formerly small company. then they low ball the **** out of them after the company has expanded to feed Wal-Marts consumption and have far more overhead than they originally did.

    Not a debate I care to get into, but I try to avoid companies that are that malicious.

  19. #69
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,975

    Wink

    I ran to Harbor Freight, bought a 1000 pack of hacksaw blades for 2 dollars, a stitch welder for 15.99 and my uncle is a plumber, so I have lots of black pipe available.

    Do you think it will hold water? My 32er MTB project that is?

    Now we need a 32er forum, 32 components area, 32er Walmart Reviews special test area. Looks like MTBR will have to annie up more gigs, this is gonna be HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I heard Girvin all ready has a fork ready to sell this Tuesday or Thursday, and Bilstien has a rear suspension linkage made from tree bark and spearmint!

    I just puked...

    Baaaaaaha ha ha ha yama ha ha ha...

    So, who's one first to do up a frame, you know you wanna!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    I wish I could do that to my vendors.
    If you had the purchasing power that wal-mart does, you could. You don't have to believe me. Do yourself a favor and do some research.

  21. #71
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,938
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    If you had the purchasing power that wal-mart does, you could. You don't have to believe me. Do yourself a favor and do some research.
    You act like a relationship with Walmart is compulsory.
    It's business, not relationship therapy... very good business, by all measures.
    I'm not a Walmart fan in particular, and i havent been inside one in at least a couple of years, but neither am I a fan of jaded distortions of reality.
    If you don't want to get into it, don't bring it up and suggest people do Walmart research. If you don't want to get into it, STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tripp88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    Back on topic... Who is going to buy one and test it out
    Current Ride:2012 BAMF Full Nelson

  23. #73
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    22,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp88 View Post
    Back on topic... Who is going to buy one and test it out
    You first, then I may follow your lead if you give it a top 10 review...
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    You act like a relationship with Walmart is compulsory.
    It's business, not relationship therapy... very good business, by all measures.
    I'm not a Walmart fan in particular, but neither am I a fan of jaded distortions of reality.
    Not at all. I just know how they do business, so I choose to frequent small businesses as much as possible. I also know that if I owned a business and Wal Mart was interested in buying my goods, I would be very cautious. If you have looked into WalMart's business practices and you find them acceptable, then rock on. If you haven't, then I'm not sure why you'd be defending them.

  25. #75
    transmitter~receiver
    Reputation: meltingfeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,938
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    Not at all. I just know how they do business, so I choose to frequent small businesses as much as possible. I also know that if I owned a business and Wal Mart was interested in buying my goods, I would be very cautious. If you have looked into WalMart's business practices and you find them acceptable, then rock on. If you haven't, then I'm not sure why you'd be defending them.
    I didn't defend them, nor did I judge their business practices.
    Once again, STFU if you REALLY don't want to get into it. Something tells me that statement wasn't an honest one.
    I'll duck out if you are going to derail. Have at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •