Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    any pics of that?

mtbr member
    I rode one. It absorbed bumps quite well, as you might expect. But it was horribly overgeared - IE: Don't even think about riding it up a hill and it turned corners only slightly faster than an ocean liner.

Custom User Title
    Wut

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    They now come with gears, or will soon...

32" Genesis Ultra 32 Men's Beach Cruiser Bike: Bikes & Riding Toys : Walmart.com

Already picturing a monstercross conversion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

32" Genesis Super 32 Cruiser

I took delivery of this beast a week ago... after renting one in New Orleans for 3 days I had to have it. For reference, I own 5 bikes, including a Specialized Tarmac and a 29er SS mtn bike that I custom built, and I've been a mtn biker for 20 years.

Lots of preconceived notions on this thread about what this bike is and isn't... and most of them are wrong. And just because this is a Wal-Mart bike made in China does not mean that it is a POS...it is anything but.

First of all, this bike is HUGE. Everything on it or about it. The wheels are significantly bigger than my 29er wheels, and the bike is almost 18" longer than the 29er.

Secondly, it is not that heavy...36lbs on the scale at the LBS. And it ROLLS......wow! This thing is smooth,stable, pretty fast for what it is,and and all in all - a beautiful ride. I've got $7000 or so of other bike in my house but for now, the Super 32 is the one that I am riding....it's that much fun. The thing goes 10-12mph without barely pedaling and the gearing is perfect for me, and I am 6'1 and 245 lbs. It handles well, rides like a Cadillac and stops-- uh not so well. I fixed that by installing a pair of Tektro M559 side pull rim brakes. And yes, they do stop this behemoth....not like a set of discs on a 25 lb mtn bike, but a LOT better than the inadequate coaster brake.

This bike is a steal at $210... too bad there is not abetter rim and tire available...

The Super 32 is totally legit.

32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart-s32-14-14.jpg32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart-s32-29-wheel-14.jpg

mtbr member
    Any update Tod?
    I'm curious !

Quote Originally Posted by todwil View Post
    Well I bit and ordered one from Wally world dot com....got it yesterday and put it together last nite. The tires are closer to 31" than 32". The plan is to "adjust" the frame a little and make it an over sized BMX. I might ride it this weekend and then put it under
    the knife.
    Some custom frame already
    32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart-600742_4946559029830_635421440_n.jpg
    not mine of course : Facebook linkhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
    Last edited by davidfrench; 10-17-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

WIGGLER
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfrench View Post
    Any update Tod?
    I'm curious !

Some custom frame already
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600742_4946559029830_635421440_n.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	839721
    No nothing any newer than I already posted.
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Special eyes View Post
    I read some where that Specialized is rolling the 32" out next year, this should set the industry on fire, seeing that this larger wheel will out preform anything else on the market today, can't wait!
    Out perform?

It's not wheel size that makes a better rider, it's the rider that makes the wheel size work for their ability.
    Observe, report.

The Fastest of Bananas
    Lets just cut the crap and go to 100" wheels.

mtbr member
    Totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmark View Post
    Out perform?
    It's not wheel size that makes a better rider, it's the rider that makes the wheel size work for their ability.
    I will add that there's a wheel size for every body (in two words). No need to get a 36er when you're short. Not a good idea to ride a 26er when you're 6'10".
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

mtbr member

32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Lets just cut the crap and go to 100" wheels.
    On penny farthings.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Name:  36erTrack.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  142.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfrench View Post
    Totally.

I will add that there's a wheel size for every body (in two words). No need to get a 36er when you're short. Not a good idea to ride a 26er when you're 6'10".
    I will add that terrain is another factor. 6'10" on a 20" BMX makes sense, but not on a 20" MTB. FWIW 36" was shown to be fun on the velo too:

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeardsl View Post
    The look on his face makes it seem as if he's using the tire as a seat.
    Observe, report.

mtbr member
    I will add that terrain is another factor. 6'10" on a 20" BMX makes sense, but not on a 20" MTB. FWIW 36" was shown to be fun on the velo too:
    6'10" on a 20" ? This should be forbidden by the gravity law (and health insurance). Well I don't know any 6'10" and plus interested in BMX tho...
    :-)
    My point is again: there's a wheel size for every type of body. One thing to consider is the shoe metaphor. If you're size 10 shoe, why would you wear size 14? And why us at size 14 have to wear size 10? Only size 14 and plus guys will get it. Cause at size 10 you always found shoes your size and weren't forced to wear size 6...
    my 2 cts... from 6'6" and size 14...
    :-)
    DirtySixer
    36er

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Anybody know where to find tires for this?

Find the 32" Genesis Cruiser Bike at an always low price from Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

(This is the same bike being talked about in this thread right?)

Local bike shop didn't have any and I've heard WalMart doesn't carry them. I've heard Kent has them but I'm not sure. Anybody know?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: 32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by gohnjood View Post
    Anybody know where to find tires for this?

Find the 32" Genesis Cruiser Bike at an always low price from Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

(This is the same bike being talked about in this thread right?)

Local bike shop didn't have any and I've heard WalMart doesn't carry them. I've heard Kent has them but I'm not sure. Anybody know?
    Here you go, just email or call Kent bicycles http://www.kentbicycles.com/contact

Sent From My Windows 8.1 Surface Tablet

WIGGLER
    I saw tires and tubes on EBAY $25 for the tires and $13 for the tubes
    PAYASO 36er.....Live the Circus

OMG!!! i have to have this bike!!! can you imagine? ALWAYS going down hill would be amazing! I think i would modify it and put a 20 on the front. That would make it a steeper down hill and even faster.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tugofwar View Post
    Here you go, just email or call Kent bicycles Contact | kent

Awesome, just called and ordered one. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Re: 32inch wheeled bikes now at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by gohnjood View Post
    Awesome, just called and ordered one. Thanks!
    No problem!! I love my Super 32 cruiser
    Just so you know, you can use 29er inner tubes on the 32"rims and tires. I already tried it, they work great. No need to order tubes, just tires. Buy 29er tubes at Wal-Mart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    J&B now lists tires and tubes for this size. Now you can get them from your LBS and gradually do penance for buying the bike from WalMart.

They also have an official rim size - 686mm. The tires have 54-686 on the sidewall. Which by a quick calculation is not grossly smaller than 29+.

I have for some time thought these wheels may be useful as an extra road/gravel set for a 29+, and now know that they're not that far off.

I suspect that for MTB though, we will probably stick to 29+ if we want that outside diameter. More tires and frames, better geometry, and if we're already managing a wheel that big, might as well get more volume. We'll probably see 76-622 road tires before we see 54-686 MTBs. Unless WalMart's already on it.

Recovering couch patato
    Wow, when I proposed the 32" standard on MTBR I aimed for it to be 698mm at the outer edge of the rim (28 inches) versus 622/700c/28"/29" being 635mm (25 inches).
    As typically size is rim size deducted b ~12-13mm, it looks like I got exactly what I wanted :-)

After 20.100 and myself drew geometries for 36" MTB's to fit normally sized people, before long people started making them.
    With 32", the application seems more general, fit more people. From say an M sized frame, conservatively.

Should make for an interesting (fast) commuter with 32" cruiser tires. Now how to get these babies offroad?
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    As curious as I am about these, I haven't quite been able to justify acquiring one. Unfortunately, the 7spd version has been showing as out of stock for a while now.

And as neat as one would be for commuting, I have to ask what the real advantage would be over a 29 with the options you want and good tire selection. I'm actually finding my 29 heavy touring bike is a bit much for commuting, though its advantages are real.

Am I missing something about the 32 that offers a speed advantage on the road? I would see its main benefit to be on the straighter varieties of XC. Coarse gravel touring, etc.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15