Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

29ers and the housing crisis....

Where you there when home prices kept rising year after year, and youre thinking, nah, it can't keep going up.

And when you finally accept the inevitable, you buy a second home, then the market crashes.

I'm here watching a video of the Bronson from Santa Cruz, and am thinking, this time around, I'm ahead of the game. I already sold my 29er!

Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah aha.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    About a year ago I went into a bike shop and the guy told me that 29er's were taking over the market. 26" wheeled bikes where taking over. After alot of reading and going back and forth I went with a 29er. Now all I see is how awesome the 27.5 is. What the crap! I cant keep up lol

workin' it Administrator
    This reminds me of the adage "everything is amazing and nobody is happy".

Are we really complaining because our sport has too many options?

There was a time when cutting edge meant black wall tires instead of skin walls. When magazines debated the difference between the curved fork and the new straight leg forks. When we bolted all kinds of gadgets to our bikes so they would brake better.

Now you can anything you want and your unhappy? Remember where we have come from and how great everything is and that you can go out on a bike that won't break, will do everything that you want it to do, is super reliable, weighs very little and makes you ever so happy. Perspective grasshopper!
    Try this: HTFU

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Ignore the market hype. Try them out & ride what you like.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm in no hurry to get rid of my 29er. For now haha

mtbr member
    "Where" you there when decent grammar actually meant something? Even though I can "anything I want" bad grammar still makes posts hard to read.

Just Ride
    Gonna keep my 29" geared bike. This coming winter I plan to build a 29" SS, after that I'll see about 27.5 wheeled options. Given a few more years worth of reading material on it and we'll see. But I'd like to think my SS build will be the last bike I get, aside from maybe a newer road bike...
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollution Warrior View Post
    "Where" you there when decent grammar actually meant something? Even though I can "anything I want" bad grammar still makes posts hard to read.
    hahahahaha, an internet grammar nazi. i have heard that they occupy the lowest rung on the internet food chain. some where in between tool and mouth breather.

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Gonna keep my 29" geared bike. This coming winter I plan to build a 29" SS, after that I'll see about 27.5 wheeled options. Given a few more years worth of reading material on it and we'll see. But I'd like to think my SS build will be the last bike I get, aside from maybe a newer road bike...
    Are you planning to die really soon, or what? I hear some old people talk about "the last car I will buy" and so on. Morbid.

You'll be doing good to last through the coming winter, with that attitude.
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch

turtles make me hot
    29ers look like BMX bikes under me so no way in hell I'm going 27.5.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bing! View Post
    hahahahaha, an internet grammar nazi. i have heard that they occupy the lowest rung on the internet food chain. some where in between tool and mouth breather.
    I'm not a grammar nazi, but when the mistakes are that obvious and cause difficulty for the reader I just can't resist. I do the same thing all the time, but I proofread what I write and catch most of it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I thought 29ers caused the housing crash?

All the people using their house as ATM's to buy new 29ers....

Did I miss something?
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ...I'm here watching a video of the Bronson from Santa Cruz, and am thinking, this time around, I'm ahead of the game. I already sold my 29er!

Seriously this time.

Santa Cruz comes out with a new bike. Big deal. It does not make you old bike (29er or 26 or even hardtail) obsolete. If your current bike works keep riding it. All companies need to create hype out next years product and say how much better it is. The make money by selling bikes and will do what they can to sell them. We ride bikes and changing bikes every year or even every couple years gets expensive. Are the new bikes better every year. Probably, but also probably not worth the cost to trade up. Old bike in good working order still can ride plenty of trails very well.

So worry less about keeping up with latest and more about keeping your fitness up to keep up on the trails. If bike get worn out and ridden into the ground then time to look for new bike.
    Joe
    2003 KHS Alite 4000 26" Hardtail - XC, All mountain, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollution Warrior View Post
    I'm not a grammar nazi, but when the mistakes are that obvious and cause difficulty for the reader I just can't resist.
    denial, is not just a river in egypt.

mtbr member

29ers and the housing crisis....

27.5's are so last week.

It's all about the 26.75's now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've gotta have a 26.75!

I didn't do it
    I'm still happy with my 26" bike. Now get off my lawn!!

29er and 26er
    Mar 2012
    You know what..... I bought a used 26" wheel bike over 15 years ago and it still works today. I can still buy tires for it and it does what I need it to do. I also bought a 29" wheel bike last year. Same thing there.... When I get a new bike, I will buy what ever bike I want and I will be happy.

I really think that 26.75 will be the new standard. They roll better than 26" wheels and without the problems caused by larger wheel sizes. Now I need a new bike.....

MTB B'dos
    Marketing team at SC smile and think "Told ya it'd work on those doofs, a fool and his money are soon parted".

Where you there when home prices kept rising year after year, and youre thinking, nah, it can't keep going up.

And when you finally accept the inevitable, you buy a second home, then the market crashes.

I'm here watching a video of the Bronson from Santa Cruz, and am thinking, this time around, I'm ahead of the game. I already sold my 29er!

One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

mtbr member
    Well, if my timing on buying a 29er is anything like my timing buying a house, that means that the month or 2 after I get that Carbon Tallboy LT I've been eyeing, the 29'er market will fall off a cliff ... I'll let you all know when I'm buying, so you can plan accordingly.

(I bought my house in late 2006. Been downhill ever since, and not in a good way!)
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I'm still happy with my 26" bike. Now get off my lawn!!
    That's the thing. I sold my 29er and kept a stable of 26ers. I'll let the speculators go and get theirs. I'll get in on the NEW NORMAL after 2020. By that time, I'm probably done with my daily rider

Just Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyRay View Post
    Are you planning to die really soon, or what? I hear some old people talk about "the last car I will buy" and so on. Morbid.

You'll be doing good to last through the coming winter, with that attitude.
    Maybe should have read, "last bike I will spend a lot on" Even that I'm sure is false. Change will to "at least 5 years" hopefully!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Maybe should have read, "last bike I will spend a lot on" Even that I'm sure is false. Change will to "at least 5 years" hopefully!
    So, what 29er SS are you planning to build?
    "Head injuries are pretty high-consequence" - AndrwSwitch

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Marketing team at SC smile and think "Told ya it'd work on those doofs, a fool and his money are soon parted".
    If you don't get excited by a carbon 27.5 with a 66-67 HA and 150mm of squish, I don't think youre a real mountain biker.

Does it mean I'm going to buy one? No.

reading comprehension wat
    The passing of Roger Ebert has made me more aware of how sad other critics are, especially a majority of critics on bike forums.
    I like to jump to conclusions, oversimplify, gossip, and participate in popularity polls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast