Thread: 2015 Goosies

mtbr member

2015 Goosies

mtbr member
    May 2014
    They appear to be perfectly average. Some of the color schemes are down right fugly. What else can you say about a market segment that is already overpopulated? The Mongoose name alone will probably hold them back because of the Wallyworld association.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hmm I like having the tech support and a middle man to go to bat for me if the need for warranty not a bike in a box and and a 1-800-good-luck number to call ill pay a little more for peace of mind at my LBS just my two cents

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Round2 View Post
    Hmm I like having the tech support and a middle man go to bat for me if the need for warranty not a bike in a box and and a 1-800-good-luck number to call ill pay a little more for peace of mind at my LBS just my two cents
    Just a guess but if the commitment for higher end/quality bikes is their focus then perhaps the warranty would follow?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I mean I bought a diamondback last year and I was really nervous about buying a brand that was sold at dick's sporting goods. I feel like mongoose has spent too long in the low cost trenches completely getting rid of their high end bikes for such a long time. I just couldn't see them having the tech or the support I would want from a bike company.
    2010 D440 Redline Rigid 1x9
    2011 Trek Remedy 8 1x10
    2012 Jamis Dragon 2x10
    2013 Diamondback Sortie 3 1x10

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It looks like the prices are pretty close to comparable bikes at the LBS. If i'm getting bikes online, without dealer support, I expect lower prices.

mtbr member
    When the article talks pricing it uses the terms "sells for" and "retail."

If those prices are retail, online dealers are notorious for selling at a discounted retail price. It just remains to be seen how much that discount is going to be.

If they are low enough they may make some in-roads on price alone. Look at all the posts with Marin recommendations (regardless if they are primarily one member). It doesn't take too much for people to jump on a deal if the bikes are decent.

I'm not so sure they are truly high end in comparison to other mfg's bikes, but they certainly are in comparison to their former offerings.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70sSanO View Post
    I'm not so sure they are truly high end in comparison to other mfg's bikes, but they certainly are in comparison to their former offerings.

John
    This would be more appropriate me believes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I read a lot of good things about to the teocali
    price started around $800 and slowly went from there as the years past and its reputation rose . But now to bump it to 3000 I think they're expecting a bit much.I think they should have stuck with the bang for the buck idea a little longer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
    I read a lot of good things about to the teocali
    price started around $800 and slowly went from there as the years past and its reputation rose . But now to bump it to 3000 I think they're expecting a bit much.I think they should have stuck with the bang for the buck idea a little longer.
    since i'm unaware of their offerings through the yrs my question would be, has the quality of the components, i.e drivetrain, cranks, brakes, wheelset, suss improved enough to warrant a 2800 price tag?

JunkBoy
    Jan 2012
    They should rebrand this higher end line. Separate this from the Wally World options we're so used to seeing. Call this line Goosies or something like the OP says. Nice looking bikes too but I'd have to wait a couple of years to see how it turns out before considering.

Live 2 Ride
    Just bring back the MongoosePRO name.
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    I'd like to think of myself as not caring much about the brand name on my bike or equipment. That said, I was in a shop last week browsing some Diamondback bikes while I was waiting for an adjustment on my bike. They looked fine, had the right stuff on them, all of that. But I just couldn't see myself spending $3k+ on a DB for some reason.

Same goes for 'goose and GT. I know those brands make some good bikes and I really don't care what anyone else rides. But it'd have to be a lot cheaper than the 'big' brands or the boutiques and just as good to pique my interest -- a few hundred $$ cheaper isn't gonna get me to give them a shot.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road