mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2013 Sandy Ridge shuttle fundraiser event - June 1st/2nd

Registration now open for reservations for the Northwest Trail Alliance shuttle fundraiser at Sandy Ridge Trail System (east of Portland, OR near Mount Hood).

75 max riders per day. Pre-paid $50 minimum donation to reserve spot.
    No day-of registrations. 100% of proceeds benefit Sandy Ridge Trail!

Sign-up/Event info -- Sandy Ridge Shuttle FUNDRAISER Event | Northwest Trail Alliance / Calendar

mtbr member
    This sounds like a good time!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Got my $$ in. After all the times pedaling to the top, be nice to have a fast trip.

mtbr member

current members will get one of these at check-in day of shuttle...

...as a thank you for truly being committed to supporting the cause(s) of getting more mountain bike opportunities created in Portland, Oregon area!

These pint glasses are brand spankin' new... You'll be among the first to have one in your hand...

Non-members can buy one for $10. BYoB to put in it...!

mtbr member
    Hey Kean, thanks for the revised map which shows all trail names in the key... I threw together a new event map using your edited version:

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Curious as to why this is not posted on the Oregon forum. POOR CHOICE FOR FUNDRAISING. Have fun spending more time loading up than the 1200' takes to climb. Will the 3k cover the trail damage? Is anyone going to instruct folks how to not lock up their brakes in every berm?
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Re: 2013 Sandy Ridge shuttle fundraiser event - June 1st/2nd

I don't get the negative attitude...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Earn you turns... it is not a ski resort. I "positively" enjoy every climb. I don't get why folks have such a hard time pedaling. Why not simply donate without expecting something. Once again, why is this not on the Oregon board? And what is soooooooooooooo negative about pointing out the "riders" who cannot handle a bermed turn without digging a huge gash in the middle of it. The area was blown out after the Enduro last season and carting folks up the hill leads to the same result. Gee, you don't even need a granny gear at Sandy.
    Master of Laundry...Lord of Cleaning!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Re: 2013 Sandy Ridge shuttle fundraiser event - June 1st/2nd

This is a fundraiser where 100% of the proceeds go to sandy ridge...

Yet your post likely hurts their fundraiser rather than help it. But hey, whatever bumps your ego. You are no doubt a manly man cause you enjoy climbing to the top. It's actually a pretty boring ride to climb and it's nice to skip it for once. I'll also be able to do hide n seek 2-3 times in one day depending on how much time I want to spend on rock drop. I could never have enough energy to do that if I wasn't being shuttled. Should be a glorious day.

Your little OFF TOPIC rant could have been put to better use in... Say.. I dunno... The main sandy ridge thread.

mtbr member
    We're using one 16' and two 24' stakebed trucks... easy loading with lift gate on back, and you'll stand holding your bike. That means a) more comfortable (instead of being crammed in the back of a cheap moving van), and b) will make sure no dings or scratches happen to your bike while in transit...

mtbr member
    We'll have 3 trucks with lift gates running (so very minimal waiting and quick to load since riders stand with bikes - takes 1 minute to load everyone), and with the low number (75 per day)... and time of year, the impact to trails will be minimal. Honestly was hoping the new downhill trail would have been opened too for dispersing people more, but sadly that didn't happen in time and didn't want to wait for later in season when impact to dried trail would have done most damage.

100% of proceeds are going to an IMBA trail fund specifically for maintenance costs of Sandy. It's why we're doing this event... raising money to help with ongoing costs.

I suppose we could have had a bake sale instead, or showed a mountain bike video and asked for donations. But nothing gets more money in a day than a well organized shuttle day... people ride their favorite trail in style and will to pay for the privilege for an easy trip to the top (to get in 8 runs in a day with ease...)

We worked closely with the recreation land manager (with BLM) to organize this event with all of your concerns in mind... impact to trail, impact to other users, and opportunity to educate riders about what it takes to build a world class mountain bike specific trail and work with partners to keep it maintained...

Build. Ride. Respect. It's what we do.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I think the even was a great success! Could have even handled a few more riders? The best was "selling" one ride tickets to people who were riding up the hill, especially the ones who decided to ride up to the top once for exercise and then take the shuttle once for fun! And it was way different then what the Enduro riders were about. I think almost everyone was a regular rider at Sandy Ridge and already knew what kind of work went into the location and what it will take to keep it in good shape. Good work NW-Trail Alliance!!!