Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 Knolly Chilcotin vs 2011 Giant Reign / Reign X

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CharacterZero 
#1 ·
I used to swear about my 08 Reign 0, but somehow I kinda dont like the direction Giant is going with their stetics (apart from those of the glory), now the Reing X looks like my old 08 Reign 0 , except for 2 cm more of travel and an ugly color scheme...

Knolly seem to be great quality expensive bikes, and the Chilcotin looks though, but I havent heard from anyone riding Knollys, or ever ridden one...

so what are the general opinions on this topic? :confused:

#2 · (Edited)
1. Full run production on the Chilcotin hasn't been done, so not that many people using them as full time bikes yet.
2. Do a search on the knolly board on the chilcotin, plenty of reviews from test rides
3. ReignX is closer to the Delirium in travel/geo.. Concensus seems to be that 160mm fork is the max for the Chil, if you are going to run a longer fork, get the D.

#4 ·
Knolly....I haven't ridden the chilcotin, but I have met the owner, Noel, at my LBS and he taught about 15 of us all about suspension design and a lot about bike manufacturing over about 4 hours and a bunch of beers.

He's an awesome dude, and I know his warranty is where it's at. You will be hardpressed to find a bad review on a Knolly as well. I just went ahead and bought a Delirium because of this. It may be more expensive, but you'll get what you pay for. They take pride in their products, no doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.