mtbr member
    Mar 2011

2007 Enduro Comp SL

Hey,
    I'm looking at a 2007 Enduro Comp SL on Craigslist. Looks like a decent deal. Says it has the stock e-150 shock on it but dealer upgraded to 2008 internals. Heard some bad things about the e-150 (expensive to fix, breaks down easily, travel doesn't work). It has been posted for nearly a month, good bikes usually don't last more than a couple days. Was wondering if anyone had any input on this bike/setup? I ride in CO and usually doing all mountain/xc. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    you will get more responses in the Specialized forum.

I have a frame up built 2007 S-Works Enduro SL and really enjoy the bike. Mine does not have the E150 fork, but if the internals were updated then you should not be afraid to pull the trigger.

You can easily upgrade many parts for not that much money and have a super nice rig. Shifters, brakes, cassette, seatpost...just to name a few.

Rims are ok but nothing special. Most of the those DT rims were soft and the rocks will tear them up. I run Mavic 819's tubeless and can't be happier. I got them used from a Spec Epic (yeah, go figure) in mint condition for only $200.

I'd say go for it if the price is right
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build