Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Professional Crastinator
    Ha ha!

I think I will go more into inner tubes: The segmented inner tube.

My rims will have 8 valve stems and 8 tube segments. It will be awful to set-up, but if one punctures, the neighboring tubes will just expand into the space and I will continue riding on slightly lower pressure.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    I think I will go more into inner tubes: The segmented inner tube.

My rims will have 8 valve stems and 8 tube segments. It will be awful to set-up, but if one punctures, the neighboring tubes will just expand into the space and I will continue riding on slightly lower pressure.
    Not as far-fetched as you think;

Schwalbe // PROCORE
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Think of sealant as a consumable, like milk. Just because it's in your fridge, doesn't mean it stays there (unless you're 8 and your mom buys it weekly!)

Every puncture, you lose some volume. You just never know you got a puncture. Eventually, the volume gets low enough, or is just gone, and then it'll drift pressure slowly, and you realize it's time to add. I don't go by time, but the eventual slow pressure loss that isn't solved by adding air.

Extra sealant during tire swaps? Just scoop it with anything handy and swap it over, Stans used to come with a little handled scoop, don't think they do anymore. Or, pour it directly from one tire to another. Brief learning curve, a compressor, and you can swap tires pretty cleanly in under 10 minutes for the pair.

Carrying a tube? Sure, sh*t happens. If not to me, then to a buddy, or fellow biker on the trail.

I carry tools I may not use, small parts, rain jacket, first aid kit, etc.

Just because I don't need it on that ride, doesn't mean I don't want to carry it....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

How much further ???
    I make my own Homebrew sealant too. 3 quarts is about $25-$30
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

Professional Crastinator

How 'bout some irony...

(At the risk of looking like I'm just bumping my own thread )

...neither flat turned out to be a pinch flat.

Both were caused by a cut from a spoke hole where the rim strip was displaced - a rim strip which was intended for a different brand (AmClassic) of rim, and would not center perfectly in the Blunt. I have a cheapy rubber stretchy rim strip in there now and I am good. I will get tape later.

The 2 damaged tubes had the hole the same distance from the valve stem. I figured I could've been at an angle when I hit each one, causing a one-sided pinch flat. The holes were off-center, but seemingly not far enough off-center to be from a rim pinch. But then, they couldn't have happened at the same spot on the tire????
    Out on the trail, this investigation was not my priority, of course. I checked the tire for thorns even though I thought it was a pinch - found nothing - and slammed it back together to go on my merry way. Upon further review at home, though, I found the culprit.

Moral of the story being: You need to make sure all your equipment is checked - and up to the task - before expecting top performance.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3