mtbr member

'10 FSRxc Comp or '11 Camber Comp

I've been eyeing the Camber since they came out. Yesterday my buddy called and wants to sell his FSR so he can buy a Stumpy pro. The bike has been well maintained and I can get it for $1200. Is this a buy or should I wait and get the Camber? I'm going today to ride the FSR but it's only a $300 diff between the two.

mtbr member
    I usually encourage people to buy used, but in your case I'd say warranty + new frame + new components + one year later model components + better resale because the bike is 2011 not 2010 + the relationship with LBS you build by buying a bike from them is worth the extra $300. Unless you just prefer the FSRxc for some reason, in which case get it. The bikes are both M4 frame, similar geometry, similar components.

Hard to go wrong either way, good luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManBike View Post
    I usually encourage people to buy used, but in your case I'd say warranty + new frame + new components + one year later model components + better resale because the bike is 2011 not 2010 + the relationship with LBS you build by buying a bike from them is worth the extra $300. Unless you just prefer the FSRxc for some reason, in which case get it. The bikes are both M4 frame, similar geometry, similar components.

Hard to go wrong either way, good luck.
    Thats what I was thinking but I'm going to give it a ride today Friday one just for kicks. I may think about it more if I can get him down to $1000. But how knows. Thanks