mtbr member
    Aug 2008

1 liter water bottles/cages

Is anyone aware of a water bottle cage that will accept a traditional 1 liter nalgene water bottle?

Alternatively, is anyone aware of any 1 liter sized water bottles that would fit a standard cage?

Thanks
    :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    nope, never seen one of those. Personally I dont like to mount the cages to the bike. I prefer a camelbak or some other brand of hydration backpack. They are more of a multi-tasker (can add food, tools, etc) whereas the cage can only hold a bottle (I suppose you could put food, tools, etc in an empty bottle!!!)

pedal pusher
    I've never seen anything that can hold a Nalgene. However, Topeak does make a few adjustable cages that can hold larger or smaller bottles, depending on your needs:

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bottle-Cages

Never needed more than a 28oz bottle in a cage, but a quick google got this http://www.comcycle-usa.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1792439
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Never needed more than a 28oz bottle in a cage, but a quick google got this http://www.comcycle-usa.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1792439
    I have a couple of those bottles. I don't use them anymore (re: CamelBak), but they hold a ton of water.

BTW, I thought your name was Bikinifoolferlife until about 30 seconds ago.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Wow, those are pretty hip, and only $5 a pop. I may have to pick a couple up. I like to put my energy drinks in a bottle to keep my C-bak fresh, so these are just the ticket.

Thanks!

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    I have a couple of those bottles. I don't use them anymore (re: CamelBak), but they hold a ton of water.

BTW, I thought your name was Bikinifoolferlife until about 30 seconds ago.
    While I probably am a bikinifoolferlife, had never thought of that slight difference. I'm a hydration pack guy all the way on my mountain bike, still use water bottles on my road bike, though...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gjs238
    Is anyone aware of a water bottle cage that will accept a traditional 1 liter nalgene water bottle?

Alternatively, is anyone aware of any 1 liter sized water bottles that would fit a standard cage?

Thanks
    :-)
    I have used 1 liter plastic soda bottles in the past in a normal cage.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I think that it is always a good idea to carry a backpack as opposed to carrying it all in the cage. For one, I never liked the rattling that they made and then half the time, they kept falling out and so I had to stop each time and pick them up. Backpacks are much more effective.
    The Click Depot is the leading Raleigh Internet Marketing firm.

pedal pusher
    Quote Originally Posted by simplosys
    ...half the time, they kept falling out and so I had to stop each time and pick them up.
    I had the same problem once. I was riding through the local singletrack, and passed a giant group of Jr. High kids that were out on a field trip. I was about 100' beyond them, when I hard a few of them yelling something at me. Damn kids, who need 'em? Just a bunch of foul-mouthed punks!

Well, it turns out they were trying to get my attention after I hit some rocks and lost my only bottle. I was easily a couple miles away from there before I realized what happened.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i dont think a 1 liter bottle would fit my frame, much less cage!