mtbr member
    Jan 2009

08 Haro Extreme X6 or 09 Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki

Hello everyone, I have thought long and hard about getting a bike in this price range and while it would be better to get a bike with better parts I don't have the budget and this is what I have ultimatley narrowed my options down to.

I have found at a LBS a new 2008 Haro Extreme X6 for $680 + tax roughly $730. I like the instant gratification of purchasing the bike, getting it and riding home plus having the rapport with the shop incase it needs service, warranty, etc.

The other option is from RandallScotts webpage for $750 shipped but I don't know if thats assembled or not, its a 2009 Iron Horse Yakuza Aniki, has more travel, assuming a better rear shock and I have heard good things about Iron Horse.

This will be my first Full Suspension bike and I am pretty new to the sport so most of these part / componets I don't have any experience with.

Here is a basic run down, first up the X6 - http://tempebicycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=22985
    Fork SR SunTour Duro D, 130mm-travel
    Rear Shock X-fusion Coil w/adjustable rebound

Rims/Wheels Pivit RM-10
    Crankset TruVativ Ruktion
    Front Derailleur Shimano Alivio
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X-7
    Brakes Hayes MX-3 w/178mm rotors

and the iron horse - heres the link http://www.rscycle.com/2009-Iron-Hor...&category=4959
    Fork: SPINNER AMMO 1, OX VALVING, 20MM THRU AXLE, 150MM TRAVEL
    Rear Shock: FOX VANILLA R 8.75"X2.5"
    Front Derailleur: SUN RACE FD, 34.9MM CLAMP
    Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO ALIVIO
    Brakes: TEKTRO IO SPORT W/8" ROTOR
    Crankset: FSA ALPHA DRIVE, 170MM
    Wheelset: WTB DUAL DUTY FREERIDE

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    I was told at that price range its best to get a hardtail, A good decent FS bike is over $1.5K anything under it would suck...

This May or May Not help....
    Good Luck..

This is how it ended
    Upgrade what you need, not what you Want.