Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

[Android] Bike Activity Free app, helps to take care of your (mountain/road) bike

4K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  cybern 
#1 ·
Hi guys, don't know if this is the right section, btw this is my free app that helps everyone to take care his bike.

https://market.android.com/details?id=it.destrero.bikeactivityfree

a short description taken from the market :

Bike Activity Free is the application that takes care of your Montain/Road Bike
Useful both for novice than expert cyclists helps to keep in perfect working order their bikes.

This app will notify you when it's time to carry out checks on the components of your bike and tell you what to check:

Enter in a few seconds your Mountain Bike and / or your Road Bike and specify how you use it,
BikeActivity inserts for you a list of standard components ready to be customized to your liking:

For example (but not only) have an internal gear hub on your bike? no problem! You have lenticular wheels for your very special racing road bike? no problem!

Take pictures of your bike and components, enter your km (you can import your mileage from a text file / csv).

Bike Activity Free will show a red/orange/green/info light on the bike and on each of its components and show you a list of alerts telling what to check and what work is to be done.

When the time comes to sell your bike, you can pass all the data of the components, including the history of all work performed, to the new owner (In possession of a copy of the full version of Bike Activity).

Bike Activity Free is the app that takes care of your bikes, Mountain Bike or Road Bikes !

Feel free to move this to the appropriate section.

thanks and cheers from italy !

:O)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. I have a new bike coming soon and I'l give it a try. I'm terrible at maintenance. Interface looks pretty good.
thank you, the first one that use this app it's me, and I find it really useful.

let me know if it works correctly on your phone (it's not so simple to work with all android devices out there :madman:, so feedback is very very , very important)

ciao !

#11 ·
so i downloaded to free version to check out, looks good and helpful. i do have a few questions, i noticed that everything is in metric, is there a way to switch to imperial? you also state that when you input your bike it would input all the standard/oem parts. it didn't do that for me, is it only on the pay version that it does that or did i miss something when i inputed my stuff??
thanks

#12 ·
hi extremestimpy, thanks for the feedback.
at this time I've not planned to switch to imperial, but this is not too difficult so I could put it in the to-do list.
It's a strange behaviour the one you told me, regarding the oem parts.
it's true that you input few data of your bike, then at insert-time BikeActivity insert standard oem parts for you.
can you tell me what data you entered? type of bike, usage, size, and so on. perhaps there's something wrong in the code, but it's quite strange since I did tons of tests !
let me know !

regards,
Ernesto

#13 ·
i inputed everything correctly i think, i was thinking about uninstalling and then re installing, just to make sure. when i first downloaded it i did get a error message, that might have done something to do with it. ill uninstall and then reinstall tonight and post up a little later if it worked. thanks

#15 ·
ok thanks, let me know. If an error occurs, and your android system shows something about "send report" or something, it's a standard android feature (since version 2.2 , froyo) that is really helpful for developers since will send in my publisher app page the stacktrace of that error, so I can find the precise line in the source code where the error occurs.

#18 ·
i'm working on it but it's not so easy as expected: at this time the app choose it's language based upon phone lang (italian = italian language, not italian = english language).
have to check if the language is english and if its metric or imperial... i guess I'll have to insert a configuration panel. this take time, not so much, but I've a lack of free time in these days :)

#20 ·
Version 1.11.1 released !

For any component you can write it's settings and all you can mind (fork and shock air pressure, number of clicks for fork and shock settings, frame serial number, how many links your chain has, tires pressure, seat post height, etc )

added imperial system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.