mtbr member
    Nov 2008

XXL GF Collection 29ers

Does anyone have a 23" Fisher 29er? I was just curious people's opinions of the new largest frame size and I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of your set up. Post up your experiences and pictures!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Yes sir, I have a 23" cobia. Its the 2011 model and i love it so much. I have heard of people saying that 29ers can be tough to handle in tight places, you with think a 23" frame would magnify that. I have not experienced this at all, the bike is rather nimble i think. But in all honesty i dont have much to compare it to, i just love the bike a lot. I especially love how well it fits me, being 6'6". I'll post some pictures of it when i can for ya.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Good job!

Happy New Year guys! Here's my XXL RumbleFish warranty frame built up a week before Christmas. I bought a new XL Sugar 293 back in '03 and 6 (yes six!) broken frames later, Trek/GF upgraded me to the RF. I went thru a couple of Sugar frames, ProCals, and Hifi Pro 29ers.

ETT is slightly longish than what I'm used to and I'm planning on swapping out my old stem for a shorter one. I love the wiide BB, ABP, TA rear, direct mount FD changes to the frame.

Aside from small stuff needed for the new frame (BB, HS, FD), my old components transferred to this one. Bomb-proof Gordo wheels (built by MikeC!), Fluid 135 TA fork. El Caminos (I had to replace the back and put new XTs with fins).

Pictured tires are 2.55 WW LTs up front and Nanos in the back. I have others (Nevegals, Klaws, Mich XT/AT) in the garage and I swap tires depending on the upcoming ride

DRCV rear shocks is plush and linear.

I'm 6'4, 285#, dark Filipino, loves to do wheelies on the beach .. OOPS, sorry wrong forum!

Last, I got rid of the Trek headbadge and will stick the original GF "mountains" headbadge I took out from the carnage of my original 2003 frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XXL GF Collection 29ers-rumblefish.jpg