mtbr member
    Feb 2006

X-caliber to Wahoo = same frame.

Reading the Trek-Fisher collection spec sheet it appears to me that they all have identical frames, sharing geometry , and also the Alfpa-Gold tubesets.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yes, they are the same frame. I have a Mamba that is also the same. They descibe the x-cal as a race bike. The Wahoo could be a x-cal with the right stuff. I've changed out some of the things on my bike. I hope to get it better than the x-cal next year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trek1969 View Post
    Yes, they are the same frame. I have a Mamba that is also the same. They descibe the x-cal as a race bike. The Wahoo could be a x-cal with the right stuff. I've changed out some of the things on my bike. I hope to get it better than the x-cal next year.
    My wife has a like new 2012 Wahoo I bought off craigslist for less than half new retail. I suspect the college girl who sold her dad's purchase caught the wrath of parenteral anger on that move, lol.
    I have put a LX compact crank, XT nine speed shifters, left the derailleurs as they work great with the XT shifters and changed out Bar-Stem-grips. Working on sourcing light tires, and will build a light wheelset for her when I can source a good disk hubset. The Fork will be upgraded also, yet I suspect it will be the most expensive upgrade due to the 51 mm offset Fisher uses, and given that the geometry really works well currently I do want to mess with it. Perhaps a used RECON silver from somebody upgrading to a A grade fork............Does any of the online retailers sell G2 offset forks?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'm sure the wife will enjoy the upgrades. Any racing in her future?

pedal pusher
    I actually bought a complete '07 Wahoo just to get the frame to replace an older SuperCaliber. The SC was Fisher's top race hardtail for 2000, whereas the Wahoo was an entry level bike. Identical geometries, nearly identical weights (Wahoo weighed marginally more due to disc brake mounts), and the complete bike cost me $350, whereas the SC frame was $650 years earlier.