mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Will a lrg/19" cake 4 dlx frame fit me?

I found a nice 05 cake 4 dlx for sale for $800.00 but I'm not sure if it would fit me. I notice on the sizing chart it has a 24.7" TT. I'm just a scratch under 5' 9" and usually ride a 23" TT or less. First off assuming the bike is in good working order is that a good price and do you think the lrg frame will fit me?

I know the common sense answer would go ride it but the bike is located quite a ways away and I don't want to make the drive if the frame is just to big.

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Gary Fisher's generally have longer toptubes than other bikes. Even their standard frames (if they even make those anymore) have longer cockpits. Personally, I don't like it, but I have friends who swear by them. If you can get your hands on a GF locally and give it a try you can get a better idea.

It's probably too big for you. Looks like it might be a 19" frame, but I'm not sure how different the GF geometry is.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

Double-metric mtb man
    I'm 6' and a 19" GF frame stretches me out nicely. At 5'9", it'll likely be a little long for you. If it fits otherwise, you may be able to shorten it a bit with a shorter stem and moving the seat forward...but I wouldn't bank on that being enough.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'm about 5'10" and I ride a medium (in the last year when they made it with the gussetted, lowered top tube). It fits close to perfectly for me. I was already used to a long cockpit from other bikes, and absolutely wouldn't want a large for either clearance or increased TT.

YMMV based on inseam and preference, though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the replies, you guys are right it's going to be to big.