Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trail Cubist

Who is COMPLETELY HAPPY with your HiFi?

Since there seem to be a high number of negative posts about the HiFi...I'd like to hear from anyone who is totally happy with their HiFi Plus, Deluxe, or Pro...and has had ZERO problems with it (at least no problems that weren't caused by sheer abuse).

I've had mine a year and have had no problems at all. It's been an awesome bike and I'm loving it every time I ride it.

Scott
    29er wheels are dangerous. They may cause you to go faster which can result in serious bodily injury. óJim311

mtbr member
    I have had mine for 2 years and haven't had a problem, I like it every time I ride it.
    08 Hifi Sm.
    07 Spec. FSR XC
    08 Gary Fisher HiFi

mtbr member
    Very happy with my 08 HiFi Pro 29. My only minor complaint is that it seems to be a noisy bike (lots of chainslap even with a protector).

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I just got a 2010 hifi Plus and love it -what a blast to ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I have to say, I love mine as well. Riding a 2010 HiFi Deluxe. I abuse it regularly on lots of techy stuff, rock gardens, etc, and it's solid. I even take it downhilling at a local ski resort/bike park. It handles 1-2 foot drops just fine. So far it's the best bike i've owned...and i've owned quite a few.

mtbr member
    2010 HiFi Pro and really happy with it. No issues cept for the shock lost its propedal. But that is a Fox issue.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    2010 Hifi Deluxe. I am in love, no issue to speak of. Hated the XDX tires but everything else is GREAT!

Pirate!!!
    I ride my 2010 pro pretty hard, and I'm a big guy. My only complaints are with the fox fit rl29 fork, not progressive until it bottoms out 1/2" short of full travel? Other than that the bike rocks it!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    love my '07 deluxe.
    07 Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe

mtbr member
    Very happy with the 2010 HiFi Deluxe. Still no posts on '10 HiFi's with cracks? Seems like maybe they finally got the issues with the cracking stays worked out, just in time to be absorbed by Trek.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I just went from a 2007 Fisher Caliber to a 2009 Hi Fi. While I enjoy the quick handling of the Caliber I find that the G2 geometry of the Hi Fi is just as quick handling as the Caliber and the 120mm of suspension flat out ROCKS!!! I'm a 235 pound clyde and have had no problems with the frame on either bike.

I'm not sure what to think about the "Gary Fisher Collection by Trek". I do know that I'm happy as a clam with the Caliber and the Hi Fi.

mtbr member
    I was quite satisfied with the 2008 Hifi, until it cracked in August 2009. I got the warranty replacement in May this year and now I'm very happy with it. The 2010 Hifi is a better bike than the 2008 version. It has the same general feeling but the rear end is stiff, the ABP makes a difference and the suspension is better.
    My bike blog: www.yetirides.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

I Am

2010 HiFi Deluxe. Have it for about a month and it's great.

1. No QR for the seatpost? easy no charge fix, but c'mon...
    2. 9 mm front wheel hubs should be a thing of the past.

mtbr member
    Does anyone NOT have a noisy back brake?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDee
    No noise from my brakes.

mtbr member
    My Brakes have been pretty good though the rear had alignment issues when it was fairly new and squeaked a bit. Only issue I have with my bike is the bottom bracket is just too damn low for New England riding. A quarter to half an inch higher would make me happy.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Despite breaking the swing arm 3 times in the last 18 months (Thank God for Lifetime warranty), I am pretty happy with the bike because it supports the type of riding that I do. Have now converted to singlespeed. It is very good for training and I can still hop around and go al lthe logs I want. Pretty happy with the bike.
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    I did for a while, but careful alignment of the calipers and organic pads solved the problem. I also routinely clean the rotors with alcohol and a scotch brite pad. Others have solved problems in various ways.

This thread may help, or just confuse you more.

The Juicy brake turkey warble/vibration MEGA THREAD

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    chance to be happy would be a fine thing.

the delivery dates for the 2011 models keep getting pushed back

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

No brake noise at all on my 2010 Hifi Deluxe.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Latent
    No brake noise at all on my 2010 Hifi Deluxe.
    What brakes do you have? I have Hayes 9s and have tried about everything I can think of (short of replacing the brake with another brand) to get rid of the squealing on the back. My Fisher 292 (before it broke and was replaced with the HiFi) squealed too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm all grins on my 09 hifi 29er. Rear brake noise minimized by a pad change.
    09 GF HIFI 29

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    What brakes do you have? I have Hayes 9s and have tried about everything I can think of (short of replacing the brake with another brand) to get rid of the squealing on the back. My Fisher 292 (before it broke and was replaced with the HiFi) squealed too.
    My 2010 HiFi came with Elixir 5's. No squealing at all, still using the stock pads. Only thing i do to them is wipe the rotors down with alcohol every so often to clean the grime off.

mtbr member

2009 hi fi 29er

I have over 500 off road miles on mine so far. Nothing but reliable so far. I took it today to a trail known for its extremely tight, twisty singletrack. I have been told that "a 29er is not nimble enough for that trail". This was not the case. A gary fisher 29er handles much like a 26er.
    My problem with the bike is that it will NOT break, I would love to trade my 2009 frame for a 2010 with the beefed up frame with ABP. One can dream.
    29ers are more fun!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I recently purchased a 2010 HiFi Deluxe 29er. This is my first FS 29er and I love it. Only a handful of rides, so no issues so far. It did take me a bit of tweaking to get my position right. Settled on a 12* sweep bar instead of the big 17* that come stock. Changed seat to a fizik tundra pushed all the way back on the rail. I may need a setback post. I also put on some way lighter Stan's 355 wheels.

A few nit picks... the BB is a little low, I have had a few pedal strikes. But the low BB is probably one of the things that add to the stability of the bike. I would like to have seen a 15mm front axle instead of the standard 9mm QR.

Overall it is a great riding bike, rolls over everything and climbs pretty darn well too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast