mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Where can I find a bushing for upper seat stay on roscoe 3?

Where can I buy a bushing that is in the seat stay that connects to the lower mount on the shock swing arm. My right one has alot of play and I am doing a complete rebuild and dont wanna put it back togther with shitty bushing in it.

I hate that name.
    Show me a pic. I'm confused about what you're looking for. The pivots all have bearings, not bushings. The bearing is listed as "Cartridge Bearing, 6900-2RS O.D. 22mm, I.D. 10mm, W 5mm (Outer race flange 24mm, Inner race width 8mm)" Trek Part # W283643. Unless you are talking about the silver shock reducers? If so, Fox supplies those.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I think you are correct on which bearing i am trying to describe. It is the larger one in the picture i attached. Not the smaller bolt that goes through the shock eye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I find a bushing for upper seat stay on roscoe 3?-img-20110710-00091.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I am betting your play is coming from the shock mount bolt, it appears to have loosened and you can see where the bolt head has been rubbing the seat stay. Mine has come loose a couple of times, but not since I cleaned off the original loctite and reapplied more..
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yea that bolt keeps backing out. I need to do like you said and clean all loctite and put on new. Do you know what the torque specs are supposed to be with that bolt? The bearing on the seat stay that is show is whooped out. feels like trying to spin a pepper grinder!