mtbr member
    Aug 2010

What is the Make and Year of this bike??

I am shopping around used bikes for my first bike. Can anyone tell me what the make and the year is on this Gary Fisher?Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  12.7 KB

Name:  bike2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  12.9 KB

At Work
    I would say mid 90's. Think that manitou fork is about a 96-97 model.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

m_g
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi Netminder,

Sorry cant help with your question but I do have some advice...

There is nothing wrong with second hand bikes (in fact the best deals are often in the second hand market)...However, if you are looking for your fist bike I would steer clear of old, second hand bikes. You really need to know what to look for when buying second hand. There can be a million things wrong that wont be obvious to the untrained eye.
    So, be very careful, or have someone more experienced help you out.

I would advise you to talk to your local bike shop. They will be able to fit you on a frame correctly, and you will get some sort of warranty on the bike. Buying a bike like the one you pictured has some fairly dated technology. Apart from (potentially) being less reliable, they are heavy and just not as fun to ride.

Looking back to my first bike purchase, I had a choice between a low end no name bike and a slightly more expensive GT Avalanche. I think if I bought the low end one there is no way I would get into biking as much as I am now, as the GT allowed me to ride long distances (relatively) reliably, race, and eventually upgrade when I had worn every part out...

Thats just my 2c, but good luck with the purchase, and have fun!

mtbr member
    It's a 2000 Big Sur.