Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Well I just got a 03 Paragon off Ebay

7K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  FastBanana 
#1 · (Edited)
I just won a auction on Ebay for a 2003 Paragon. I hope I don't end up with a cracked frame but I think I got a good deal. I am about 75 miles from it so I don't have to pay shipping for it. The only problem supposed to be the rear break needs to be bled I am sure it could be bad but I was going to change the brakes out anyways. Plan to pick it up tomorrow I hope and will post some pics when I get her all cleaned up.

Eddie

#3 ·
The shipping was crazy on this thing but it helped me by keeping the bids down. I did not get a killer deal on the bike but I did get a good one. The bike was not ridden very much by the look of the original tires and they have not dry rot in them so the bike was stored inside most of its life. No fade in the paint or rust and the bike shifts like a dream. I bled the rear break and put a set of pads front and back and she is good to go. It cleaned up real nice it looks good enough to look good but not to good to where I would feel bad when I scratch it up on the trails. I just need to decide on a set of wheels and tires and she will be good to go but will run the stock tires for now but not long :thumbsup:.

Eddie

#6 ·
Change the oil in that shock. The one that came on my ebay sugar 29er had never been changed, rode like crap, and looked like crap when I did change it. I ended up buying a new fork but still use the old bomber on my beater bike and the oil change certainly helped.

#12 ·
I know I a little late on posting pics but here are some. Finally put some new tires on here yesterday. I should not have gotten them so wide. I do like them but it so close to rubbing as you can see in the first pic

#15 ·
I got the bike on Ebay last year and only paid $175 for it he had it listed for $200 chipping but I lived about 75 miles from him so I just went and picked it up. The high shipping and poor description of the bike kept the price down I think. I am very happy with for sure.

Eddie

#16 ·
Just put a diferent set of tires on my Paragon and a new set of brakes and rotors the old magura julie still worked but they were very out dated. I istalled a set of Schwalbe Nobby Nics 2.25" front and back. I also found a set of new old stock Juicy Carbons for her as well. Put a set of Avid G3 Clean Sweep rotors 160 r 185 f. Cant wait to get out on the trail to see how much diference there is with the brakes but have already put a few miles on the tires and am very pleased with them. The Vee-Rubber Speed R were very god tires but they where just to wide for the frame I put them on my 11 Rig and they are a big improvment over the Bontrager that came on it.

#18 ·
The tires are 2.25 and they fit good I couldnt go any bigger I know that. The disc brake adapter works real good no problems with it at all. I love the bike and dont plan to replace it as my trail bike until it brakes in half or something like that :)

Eddie

Looks nice. I just got me an 01 for 100 buck. It was a mess.

However it was low miles and all it needed was some bearings and a chain, and tires.

How is that rear disk adapter? I just ordered on off ebay.

What size tires are those? I am assuming 2.1?

#19 ·
thanks for the quick response man

I dont plan on getting rid of mine til it breaks either. however, it wont be my primary bike. The trails I ride can be a little too rough, cuz I am setting this up as a dedicated XC bike

80mm fork, 1300 gram wheelset. I should stay under the $300 mark too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.