mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Warranty Replacement Question

Hey fellow fisher riders. So, last week I cracked my chain stay on my 2007 Gary Fisher Hifi (Red One). I brought it into a different bike shop than where I purchased it because mine went out of business, and I have to say they were excellent. Exactly 1 week later I have my Hifi back with the the new chain stay which was replaced free from GF. Interestingly the chain stay that was shipped is not the same red one that I originally had on my bike, but a black one that I am 99% sure is a carbon chain stay.
    My initial thinking is i am little annoyed it is a different one and I would rather it be red to be consistent, but I can get over that. I am just curious if there is any issue with this not being the original chain stay. I am pretty sure it is carbon fiber and it is definitely contoured a little differently. That may mean nothing.

Any thoughts or experiences with this???

Thanks all....

I hate that name.
    Fisher warranty frame parts are usually black. Black goes with everything, especially red.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    well i have had a replacement frame before and it was red. i am okay with the black but the fact it is cleary a different chain stay, carbon fiber, any concerns with integrity or performance?

I hate that name.
    Concerns? No more so than with anything else carbon.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Are you certain the one that broke wasn't CF?

Fisher started using CF for seat/chain stays back in 2004 or 2005 with their Big Sur AC/DC hardtail for a couple three years.

mtbr member
    How long does it takes for them to replace a frame for superfly?