Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

used gary fishers

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nailtrail 
#1 ·
seem to have better resale value than other brand. i dont know why. i dont believe there is a good reason. i just watch my local craigslist very close and see this alot. people ask what i think is alot, and they get it quickly. anybody else see this ?

#2 ·
have ya checked out ebay? alot of fisher bikes on there and they seem to sell i just missed out on a new never built ferruss 21 inch frame. well i will say most of the aluminum fishers get sold quik but the carbon bikes seem to hang around awhile. heck i had a 2009 rig that i bought new for 1400.00 and rode it until this spring and got 1150 out of it. only upgrade i made was bars and tubless setup. i dont see the trek line holding their value as good as the real fisher bikes.

#3 ·
i was able to sell my 2009 cobia in less than 5 hours on cl in the chicago area. i probably could have got more for it but oh well. it's absurd what some ask for a 6+ year old bike.

i think fishers sell for so much because some who don't know a ton about bikes look at gf as a high end brand- they don't look at it like a trek, spec, giant, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.