mtbr member
    May 2012

Upgrades for wife's 95 GF Tassajara

Hello all,

Very new to the community and finally got enough posts to post here in the GF forum.

My wife is riding an (almost) bone stock XS 1995 GF Tassajara. She is the original owner and the bike has been collecting cobwebs and dust until recently. It's got Grip Shift SRT-400 shifters and a mostly a AceraX group...no suspension fork...wheels seem kinda cheap (Weinmann says bikepedia). all that being said, she loves the frame and the bike.

Question(s)
    Where should I start with upgrades? What would make the biggest difference with her riding and enjoyment (her only complaint has been the crappy shifting)?

Thank you for the guidance and help in advance,
    Stephen

What could go wrong ...
    "Question(s)
    Where should I start with upgrades? What would make the biggest difference with her riding and enjoyment (her only complaint has been the crappy shifting)?"

why dont you replace the gear and brake cables and see what she thinks. if the bike has been sitting that would be a good first step
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    May 2011
    cables for sure, they stretch. brake pads are probably dried out, new ones make a huge difference. New Tires will make a big difference too. If she actually rides it in the dirt then some larger volume and more grippy tires will make it a much better ride with no suspension. if its a pavement bike then something a little smaller will reduce the rolling resistance and make things easier.