mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Superfly verse elite

Superfly verses elite . not a racer but ride a lot. Coming fom a x caliber. Is the additional cost warranted if the bike is kept long term? Is isnthe carbon frame the way to go or stick with al like the . like the x cal a lot but it must be replaced. Thanks ifor the input.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think only you can answer that question. You have to know what you feel is worth the cost, and how much you have to spend. I got the non-Elite Superfly. I just converted it to 2x10. I just didn't want to spend the Elite type money. I can tell you carbon frame is something special. The Paragon is a pretty good bang for the buck, though, with basically everything the Superfly has except the frame.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for your reply.

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm looking at the same bikes. Do you know what each one weighs? The main difference is drivetrain, brakes, and fork compression (lach thereof on the superfly)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I don't know the weight on the bikes but someone will. I have decided on the elite because I want to keep it for several seasons will little to no changes and I like high tech equipment. Superfly is a very cool bike. I am sure it will be a interesting jump from a x caliber to the elite..........

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I know several riders and racers that bought the Superfly and they all say the same thing: buy the Paragon unless you are serious about winning races.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Still puzzled

Is that just cost related? or is the ride quality rougher? Or is the elite higher maintenance?
    I was thinking that the frame would be no maintenance with the best componets aqnd ride quality. Lighter weight Faster and quicker handling...... I am fairly new to 29ers and dirt bikes in general but have been spending a lot of time riding XC way out In the middle of no where........I will not race however the cost is not a factor and I generally ride alone ..... The x caliber was great bike but its gone so elite or paragon that is the question......thanks a bunch

LFJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Superfly

Quote Originally Posted by Gar59
    Is that just cost related? or is the ride quality rougher? Or is the elite higher maintenance?
    I was thinking that the frame would be no maintenance with the best componets aqnd ride quality. Lighter weight Faster and quicker handling...... I am fairly new to 29ers and dirt bikes in general but have been spending a lot of time riding XC way out In the middle of no where........I will not race however the cost is not a factor and I generally ride alone ..... The x caliber was great bike but its gone so elite or paragon that is the question......thanks a bunch
    Get the superfly elite. If you already owned an x-cal then you should give carbon a try.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Two last questions prior to laying the money down.
    Is carbon all that delicate? One crash is over ?...new frame
    Will I feel the difference between carbon and AL ?