mtbr member
    May 2008

Superfly Frame Size? Forced to buy out of state

Im trying to decide on a frame size on a Superfly 100. Im 63 and have a 34 inch inseam (measured for road bike fit a few years ago) but I am not close to any shops that have any Superflys, HiFi's, or relevant info, so Im having to buy out of state. The store I am dealing with is selling out quick and I need to put a deposit on a bike (refundable) but need to make my best guess as to what frame size so I can at least secure a bike to be fitted to. Im thinking 21 (L) but would appreciate any opinions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    That should work the XL is a very large bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I would go with a Large as well. I am 6'0" with a 32 inseam on a 17.5 HiFi.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I am 6'2 with a 34 inseem and I feel a little cramped on a 2010 21' hi fi pro. They make a 23 for the tall people. The hardtails are way longer feeling than the full suspensions. I ride a 21 Fisher hardtail with a 90 mm stem, but have to run at least a 110mm on the fully.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Go by top tube length.... what's your current bike's ETT? If you're comfortable with that, it should help guide you...

Torso length and top tube are (should be) the primary parameter in sizing a bike...

If you have a super long torso and/or super long arms, you may indeed want the XL...

height and inseam alone from other riders is NOT a good enough comparator for your OWN sizing...

at 34" inseam, standover is the LEAST of your worries... focus on top tube (which can be fine tuned with stem, seatpost offset and saddle position)...
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs