mtbr member

Superfly 100 Handle Bars.......

I just got a SF100 last week and I was thinking about getting a new set of Bars but I'm concerned that the new ones will be to twitchy. The new xxx Carbon bars a 580MM wide and the stock ones are 640MM with a 12 Degree sweep. I know these bars were designed to work well with the 29 inch wheels so I was wondering why Bontrager doesn't make a XXX bar with a 12 degree sweep at 580MM? Will the new bars be to twitchy?

Thanks,

Jason.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Strange i was thinking the same thing i have just paid a deposit on a SF100 and asked the lbs if it would be possible to fit a bonty xxx carbon bar, they said no problem but tbh i got a funny feeling that when i go to collect on Tuesday they will be standard xxx bars without the sf OE bars sweep ! So not sure if that is the case whether to take em and try it or stick with the oe bars ???

mtbr member
    I've been ridding these bars on my RIG SS for around a year now and I really like the way they feel with the 29" wheels. I think I might just save some money can cut them down a bit. If I were you I would try that first and see what you think. Cheaper then buying new bars right away.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I didn't like the stock handlebar when I first got my SF100 but after a couple of rides it's grown on me. That said I sometimes wish it had a 9 or 6-degree sweep versus 12.

I would not recommend a bar narrower than 600mm for a 29er.

mtbr member
    I was going to cut mine down to 600MM and see if I like it. Thanks for the recommendation on the 600mm.

Type1Rider.org
    Jan 2006
    Check out part number: 415245

at: http://bontrager.com/model/04047

Race X Lite Carbon. 660mm. 12 degree sweep.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type1Rider
    Check out part number: 415245

at: http://bontrager.com/model/04047

Race X Lite Carbon. 660mm. 12 degree sweep.

Well spotted that man I've just ordered a set of them and canceled the xxx i had on order seeing as it was going to be a couple of months before Bontrager had any xxx in the UK
    And a lot cheaper as a bonus

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Crap, none left.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stratmosphere
    Crap, none left.
    My lbs got me some in and they where the 5deg sweep one which i didnt want ! So asked them to get me the 12deg ones and they have rung me to say that the 12deg (415245 part no) ones are not availible in the UK WTF !!
    Any one over the pond find me a set in your lbs that will post to the UK please let me know i will love you long time

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Or thoughts on these with a 10deg sweep ? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=39245

Not exactly colour matched but.... Thing is I've kinda got used to the 12deg sweep and although it felt odd at first it kinda works nice now !!!

mtbr member
    I installed the RXL 40MM riser bars today and they feel GREAT!!! I would highly recommended them to anyone with a HIFI or SF 100.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Carbon. 660mm. 12 degree sweep back in stock!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stratmosphere
    Carbon. 660mm. 12 degree sweep back in stock!
    Grr not in the UK and no plans to import them