mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Sugar 293 rear suspension torque specs and lube/grease?

My rear suspension is creaking and squeaking so I'm assuming something needs lubed up or at least cleaned but I can't find the torque specs or what kind if any lube I should use.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I couldn't specific info on torque specs for the 293 Sugars. What I could find varied a little bit from earlier Sugars versus newer Sugars/Fuels. So without definitive confirmation but probably not a damaging recommendation would be 95-115in. lb. for the pivots. 130-160 in. lb on the shock mounts. NO lube on the pivots or shock mounts, they certainly should be cleaned and maybe bushings replaced. All bushings should be set into the frame/swing with Loctite retaining compound (638 or 690). If any of the bushings are loose after you get it apart, unless you are qualified, have a shop look at the frame/swing for any damage from running the pivots loose. Possible squeaking could be from the rear shock as well, investigate some more before ripping things apart.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Will do thanks

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    My experiance with my Sugar 292 is that the main Pivot is most likely to be the source of the noises.

Disasemble, clean it and reasamble using Loctite 638 and the bike should be fine again.

I know I have a lis with part numbers and torque specs somewhere... IŽll get back on that

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I couldn't find specs for the 292/293 but the other Sugars are showing 95-115 in lb for the main pivot, 50-75 in lb for the link pivots and 133-164 in lb for the shock mounts.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lew s lugnut View Post
    I couldn't find specs for the 292/293 but the other Sugars are showing 95-115 in lb for the main pivot, 50-75 in lb for the link pivots and 133-164 in lb for the shock mounts.
    You're right, that are the same specs I have written down for my 292.

The part numbers for the pivots are:

Main pivot sleeve, #200091
    Main pivot bushing, #200093
    Nylon link bushing, #200092

Parts can be ordered by your local Trek Dealer.