Thread: Sizing Question

mtbr member

Sizing Question

If I ride a 17.5", 26" HT, would it be fine for me to buy a 17.5", 29er HT? Both of them are Marlins, mine is a 2010, and thinking about a 2012. Just thinking that with the bigger tires, maybe I should consider a smaller frame.

I am thinking about buying it without riding, I know bad idea. Maybe I will call around tomorrow to see if anyone has it in stock, so I can try it out. Buying it off of someone, who is a few hours away. If anything I am sure I could resell it.
    2010 Gary Fisher Marlin
    Upgrade-Wellgo MG-1 Pedals
    If you don't come back banged up and bruised, you didn't go hard enough!

mtbr member
    You should be fine. Compare your top tube and seat tube length on your current bike to the specs on the 29er. But 17.5 is 17.5 no matter what wheel size. Good luck. The 29er is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ckropp View Post
    You should be fine. Compare your top tube and seat tube length on your current bike to the specs on the 29er. But 17.5 is 17.5 no matter what wheel size. Good luck. The 29er is the way to go.
    Thanks, top tube is actually a little larger, and stand over height is about 2 inches bigger as well. Checked everything out this morning. Spec wise it looks a little larger then I would want, but then again it may just fit my buddy perfectly. Thinking I may just buy it, ride it, see if I like it, and if not, hold onto it, and sell it to one of my buddies when they are ready for the purchase.

(1 buddy is trying to get into MTB, 1 has a junk bike that is basically falling apart right now, and another wants a 29er, but can't get it right now)
    2010 Gary Fisher Marlin
    Upgrade-Wellgo MG-1 Pedals
    If you don't come back banged up and bruised, you didn't go hard enough!