mtbr member

Sizing question for a 07 Supercaliber 29er

About what height range for a medium framed 07 Supercaliber?

Thanks,

JL

not really an mtbr member
    Probably about 5'6" to 5'11", but I can't say for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The G1 29ers run big. I rode a large 26" procal, but would ride a medium 29" supercal. I'm 5'11".

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm 6' and have a '07 Super Caliber Medium, a large would have been fine but shorter legs pushed me to a medium. They do run large. Trying it is probably the only way to be certain.

No longer 26
    The Race Day geometry of my Lg Supercal 29er is about 5/8" longer than my Lg G1 XCaliber 29er HT. I took this measurement from the tip of my saddles to the center of the steerer tube cap. The saddles were set at the same height and set back from the bottom bracket. When using the big sweep handlebar, it fit pretty close to the same as the HT with a standard flat bar. The sweep of the bar shortens the reach by about that same 5/8".

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm 6'1" adn I feel the 19" is a little to large for me. I am playing around with stem and saddle position to get as better fit. Hopefully that solves everything.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hmm I'm 5'10" and have pretty average length legs, maybe a little short. I found the 19" fits me really well, but maybe I'm liking the frame a little big.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    i am 5'11 and i don't even know what size it is, but based on stock stem length is most likely a large.............but, one thing is the stock seatpost is 20mm setback, which can def make bike feel longer on the top tube, also puts me too far behind the bottom bracket and causes an anterior hip impingement so am waiting for a zero setback seatpost and all should be much better.............went form a 105 mm stem to 100mm with low rise handlebar and 9 degree backsweep vs stock 12 degree flat backsweep.....and removed all spacers below stem clamp and shortened the steerer tube, and almost have it dialed in perfect........

most come with reba race fok at 80mmm travel, remove the spacer to get 100mm and gets you a bit more upright and usually feels better, and not so long..........

but i agree the top tube length seems vey long, my buddies sugar 292 same size i think has almost 1.5 inch shorter top tube length......and we are same height...

fisher still lists all teh geometry specs for the supercaliber 29 on their main site......just go to teh archive section in the lower left corner...

http://fisherbikes.com/archive/model/268/geometry

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am going to try a 100mm stem. I have it, it hasn't made it onto the bike.

my current setup is
    100mm reba
    5mm offset bontrager seat post
    105 stem top off factory spacers 7 degree up

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    def check a plumb line with your pedals at 9 and 3 from your knee cap and see how far back you might be from the pedal axle...........i was wayyy back with the 20mm offset seatpost..........