mtbr member
    Mar 2005

SF100 vs HiFi Pro

These two frames have the same geometry, one being alum, other carbon.

Anybody have any ride time on both to compare?

Any guess on frame weight difference?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    actual frame weight difference, probably no greater than 500grams. Components on the bikes will make a bigger differance in weight. Can't comment on ride.

mtbr member
    Both ride the same. With equal components they are probably a pound difference, if that. Lots of rocks around here so I ride the Pro.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

recovering roadie
    I have ridden both about the same amount, but the components differed somewhat. The ride feel of the carbon is really amazing and quiet, and I have the sense of greater stiffness in the bottom bracket area.

Other than that, the handling and suspension is the same.

If I were trying to decide between the two, it would be tough. If money were no object, I would easily choose the Superfly 100.

mtbr member
    you have to ask yourself something.... Are you going to upgrade all of the parts on the HiFi. I asked myself this same question. Well my wife asked me and I said yes and she said how much will that cost. I told her and it added up to be around the same price as the SF 100 so SHE bought me the SF 100 so I wouldn't have to spend the money on the HiFI. So I bought her the HiFi. They both ride GREAT. I agree the Carbon feels stiffer then the HiFI but if you have a budget get the HiFi plus over any other model so you can have some extra cash to put towards the parts.

29er for life.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for the replies and information.

The components on the HiFi Pro are actually a "touch" better than the SF100. And it has a RP23 vs RP2 rear shock. That is for 2011. Previous years, i do not believe that was the case. So i believe about 1200 more just to get the carbon frame vs. alum.
    It looks like the fork on the SF might be tapered while not on the alum.

The SF100 Elite has nicer components across the board, but i do not think 2x10 suits me all that well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdcd
    Thanks for the replies and information.

The components on the HiFi Pro are actually a "touch" better than the SF100. And it has a RP23 vs RP2 rear shock. That is for 2011. Previous years, i do not believe that was the case. So i believe about 1200 more just to get the carbon frame vs. alum.
    It looks like the fork on the SF might be tapered while not on the alum.

The SF100 Elite has nicer components across the board, but i do not think 2x10 suits me all that well.
    They all have tapered steerers.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.