mtbr member
    Jun 2009

SF100 / Hi Fi Value and Sizing at 5'10"

I'm looking seriously at a SF100 or Hi Fi Pro. I'm not sure between the Med and the Large and wondering what others at my height, 5'10', have chosen. My pants inseam is 33, crotch to floor 34. Also, wondering, am I better off forking over the cash for the SF100 or saving some coin for upgrades on the HiFi Pro. I'm thinking that for the price of the SF 100, I could buy the Pro and then upgrade to some super light wheels, etc. I have ridden both the medium and the large a little but not long enough to decide. The single track here is fairly buff with some rocks and sand and lots and lots of climbing that can be loose and steep. For those who have bought either - any thing you wish you had upgraded before you left the store? Sorry for the long question but thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    I have a 2010 HiFi Pro and I am the exact size you are including inseam. Mine is a Med and is borderline too small. I tend to like a bigger bike usually. I prefer the aluminum model. I raced it all Summer and did well. I MAY get an 2011, not sure yet.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I am 6' 2" with a 35" to 36" crotch to floor height and have the 19.5" SF100. I almost feel like my bike is a tiny bit too small...my seat is adjusted very far back on my post. I do traditionally like a little larger bike- my torso is a little longer than the avg. for my height so that may have something to do with it.

I use a very short stem for a better steering setup, that might contribute to me feeling like my 19.5" SF100 is almost a little too small.

my LBS has a 2010 Superfly 100 brand new for sale for $4,295...awesome deal!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I am 5-11 and have the large hifi deluxe which fits me perfectly. I did put a 100 mm Thomson Stem on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for the replies. I managed to borrow a Lg SF100 from a friend of a friend last night. The large felt pretty sweet. I'm thinking the Med will feel a bit short in the top tube. That SF100 can climb, very impressive.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2011 Hi Fi pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    I have a 2010 HiFi Pro and I am the exact size you are including inseam. Mine is a Med and is borderline too small. I tend to like a bigger bike usually. I prefer the aluminum model. I raced it all Summer and did well. I MAY get an 2011, not sure yet.

Why would you get a 2001 Hi Fi Pro when you have a 2010?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cphil
    Why would you get a 2001 Hi Fi Pro when you have a 2010?
    2011. Want a larger frame.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I just got a 21" SF100, and it fits great. I am 6'2" and wear a 34" inseam pant. I considered a 19" but silly to add a lay back seatpost and longer stem, when I could just get the right sized frame.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I know of a brand new 21" SF100 that can be had for well under $4k...brand new with full warranty...please email me if you anyone out there is interested.