Break it, Fix it, Ride it

Seat post sizing

Anyone know the seatpost and clamp size for a 2001-2002 Marlin? Mine got ganked the other day and the archives on the GF site don't give size, only the seatpost make.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Have you tried bikepedia? They may have the specs. Also- I know Gary at Swiss American looked up my EBB sizing on the dealer network-that might be something to try. For sure- grab some cheap calipers to measure the ID of the frame. That number should correspond with one of the common sizes, then the clamp from there. Actually bikepedia does not list the size for 01-02. But 99 was a 27.2. Not sure if the frame is the same though.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Yeah, I was through Bikepedia, GF archives (online), and Sheldon Brown's seatpost size database. No luck. The 2009's are 27.2 as well. I put the calipers to it and the ID was 26.5mm and the OD was 32mm. Closest fit I found was a post at 26.8mm and a clamp at 31.8. Not exactly a perfect fit. I really don't know how much wiggle room I have on those measurements either. Does 0.3mm prevent me from putting my seatpost in? I think calling a bikeshop is the next move. I saw Swiss American is a GF dealer so its a good place to start. Thanks.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.